• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

Nakasan

Bluemercury said:
Na maxi consolas como raio conseguiram eles o exclusivo ?lolololololol

Tenho de ir comprar isso lolol

in english:

In maxi you console as ray had obtained they exclusive it

I have to go to buy this

My reaction. Yes. You do. then scan the bitch.

meppi

Bluemercury said:
ill try getting the damn magazine, i have a scanner......
ubiwii.gif

Nakasan

Segata Sanshiro said:
HO HO HO TAKESHI IIZUKA IS BACK

WHERE ARE YOUR CRIES FOR NAKA NOW

....If true!! If true tho, yes, thats the best news I could of possibly imagined for a NiGHTS sequel.

PowerSmell said:
Isn't he the head of.....Sonic Team.... USA? :_S

I'm still BELIEVEing though.

Of utmost importance is that he was the lead game designer of the original NiGHTS, and thus the most important person to have back. Now if they have the art designer and composer, I will truly be 100% confident.

:D
Segata Sanshiro said:
Of utmost importance is that he was the lead game designer of the original NiGHTS, and thus the most important person to have back. Now if they have the art designer and composer, I will truly be 100% confident.

My BELIEVE rates are through the roof now. Thanks

Nakasan

Segata Sanshiro said:

Yes, I'll take music composer over art though, as the art style is already there and I beleive more difficult to mess up than the music? And the music was sensational! OMG, dynamic, orchastrated, A-life driven music for the sequel?!? eat that midi-fied Zelda!!!!

Edit: I love zelda, no bashing meant! (b4 this goes off topic)

Segata Sanshiro said:

Faith sort of restored.
They should toss in the original NiGHTs though...please? My US Saturn is busted and I'm not in the mood to buy another one off ebay.

Oh and the soundtrack for the original is flawless, perhaps the best ever on the Saturn(and possibly the entire 32-bit generation).

Art direction is required though. It's more than just nailing the look. A lot of my appreciation for the original game was the amazingly vivid worlds that were created. Some environments are just so filled with life even to this day it's "oooooooooooooh" instead of "uuuuuuuuughhhhhhhh Saturn 3D".

(Oh and Christmas Nights needs to be in there too, although I'm worried something would happen to the Boyz II Men version of "Dreams Dreams").

Nakasan

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Faith sort of restored.
They should toss in the original NiGHTs though...please? My US Saturn is busted and I'm not in the mood to buy another one off ebay.

That MAY not be as unlikely as people first think, they were partly through porting the original to PC... lord knows how far along that was, and PC games are easier to emulate than saturn games I beleive?

meppi

I'm wondering what the online component might mean.

Hopefully it's about A-Life, as time specific items could be done simply with the internal clock.

[deluded dream]Perhaps downloadable Christmas NiGHTS 2007 edition :D[/deluded dream]

Segata Sanshiro said:
From the pics the art looks very faithfull to the first game, there's even a new enemy that looks like that boss that had a body in the shape of a round ball and hopped around.

Nakasan said:
That MAY not be as unlikely as people first think, they were partly through porting the original to PC... lord knows how far along that was, and PC games are easier to emulate than saturn games I beleive?

From my experience with the Saturn/PC ports I'd rather just have the original Saturn version. Then again Sega is horrible at holding on to original code(Can you actually believe at one point they lost all of their Virtua Fighter 2 code? IIRC The PS2 Sega Ages re-release pretty much had to be re-made from scratch).

Nakasan

meppi said:
I'm wondering what the online component might mean.

Hopefully it's about A-Life, as time specific items could be done simply with the internal clock.

[deluded dream]Perhaps downloadable Christmas NiGHTS 2007 edition :D[/deluded dream]

OMG YEAH!!! downloaded skins for xmas, easter, valentines, birthdays, wednesdays...

Imagine this... just ONE level shared by all online NiGHTS gamers... like, everyones Nightopians on the one level?!?? and everyones NiGHTS flying in full view of everyone else?!!? totally impractical, but who cares?!?

Nakasan

PepsimanVsJoe said:
From my experience with the Saturn/PC ports I'd rather just have the original Saturn version. Then again Sega is horrible at holding on to original code(Can you actually believe at one point they lost all of their Virtua Fighter 2 code? IIRC The PS2 Sega Ages re-release pretty much had to be re-made from scratch).

yes, BUT Panzer Dragoon for the PC was given away with Orta, and was emulated respectibly on Xbox... any Orta fans wanna give first hand accounts of that?! It WAS there, I just 'heard' it was emulated well.

Prime crotch said:
From the pics the art looks very faithfull to the first game, there's even a new enemy that looks like that boss that had a body in the shape of a round ball and hopped around.

Procurei em 3 lojas e nada, quando saiu a revista???Isso deve ter saido ontem pra ai, e que aqui em Castelo Branco nada......:(

ppl: you have to wait a little longer because the magazine apparentely isnt in my damn city yet....:S

Nakasan said:
yes, BUT Panzer Dragoon for the PC was given away with Orta, and was emulated respectibly on Xbox... any Orta fans wanna give first hand accounts of that?! It WAS there, I just 'heard' it was emulated well.

Yes it was emulated very well. I take any emulations of the original Nights, since I had to sell my Saturn and all it's games recently just so I could afford a Wii and an X-box 360.

Nakasan said:

Well the PC version of Panzer Dragoon featured slightly nicer AA(not such a huge pixelly mess at least) but the framerate was even worse. Aside from that I guess it was okay...(Though personally I think the original Panzer Dragoon is unplayable in any form.)

That said most of the Saturn PC releases benefitted from better texture resolution. Other than that there's no real incentive for having them. Also IMO the PC versions just never "felt" right to me, but eh well maybe I'm just being picky.

meppi

Bluemercury said:
Procurei em 3 lojas e nada, quando saiu a revista???Isso deve ter saido ontem pra ai, e que aqui em Castelo Branco nada......:(

ppl: you have to wait a little longer because the magazine apparentely isnt in my damn city yet....:S

doh... Thanks anyway.... :'(

Nakasan

Bluemercury said:

Your a freakin brilliant person for trying tho. DAMN YOUR CITY!!!!

Am I the only one sceptical of this consolas maxi?

tim1138

Bluemercury said:

Damn, thanks for the effort though!

Bluemercury said:

It came out today, sigh I'll go to the public library and see if they let me scan it.

Its not that bad, but i prefer EDGE lol, anyway ill try search in other newspaper's shops later today but the one's i searched are the bigger one's and they didnt have it.......

Prime crotch said:
It came out today, sigh I'll go to the public library and see if they let me scan it.

A partida não deverá haver problema ou haverá ? :lol

De qualquer das maneiras isso só podia ter saido hoje, o que significa que aqui só amanha.............:(

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Well the PC version of Panzer Dragoon featured slightly nicer AA(not such a huge pixelly mess at least) but the framerate was even worse. Aside from that I guess it was okay...(Though personally I think the original Panzer Dragoon is unplayable in any form.)

That said most of the Saturn PC releases benefitted from better texture resolution. Other than that there's no real incentive for having them. Also IMO the PC versions just never "felt" right to me, but eh well maybe I'm just being picky.

I would say the framerate is better on the emulated PC verison. When I first played the Panzer Dragoon Orta version, I wnet back and played the satrun version too. The Saturn verison seemed to be worst. Also the resolution is better on the emulated PC verison.

Top Bottom