• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

OMG OMG OMG!!! So freaking beautiful! Thats one of the best looking Wii games I have seen.

BTW does anyone else think it looks a lot like a remake. All the shots are places from the first game.

Waimea

The Sphinx said:
What's that upper-right screenshot saying about Christmas NiGHTS? Any Portugeusians in here?

*raises hand*

"it would be great to have cool extras like those in Christmas Nights"

no info on the article really, sorry...

Nakasan

canocha said:
Claire and Elliot are back, NiGHTS has new moves that he can't talk about (yet... wait till next month).

He can't talk about new characters.. again wait till april!

New moves that will be easy to use with the wiimote.

He choose nintendo Wii because of the controler (duh).

There will be a Two Players mode and some online functions.

Takeshi Iizuka said this is still Wii Exclusive (hummm i dont like the way he said it)

In the splash water look alike level Water and Air will blend o_O

And that picture about X-Mas NiGHTS.. its just a wish saying "Extras: would be great to have a lot of 'em just like X-man NiGHTS"

Thats ALL great news! thanks for the translate!!!

TreIII

Smiles and Cries said:
Who needs Naka?

Never said he was necessary. In fact, I agree with some of the opinions stated that he and his involvement with a number of games are over-rated.

But again, all I'm saying is, I can't bring myself to think that this project only started recently (that poll on that site be damned). It MAY have been started before Naka took his leave, or possibly not. In either case, I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that this may be one of many possible titles that Sega and Nintendo want to be pushed out for Wii's Christmas 2008 line-up.

Nakasan

MiamiWesker said:
OMG OMG OMG!!! So freaking beautiful! Thats one of the best looking Wii games I have seen.

BTW does anyone else think it looks a lot like a remake. All the shots are places from the first game.

Yeah, I think the same, but it'll be the same level but with different "routes" dya reckon?

canocha

MiamiWesker said:

Takeshi said its a sequel and he's thinking about it... forever! And now was the right time! :)

goldenticket said:
thanks for posting the scans canocha. looks great.

have we found out if this is a wii only title yet like the rumor was

Wii exclusive "right now" or something. I don't understand how they would build it ground up for Wii and then port it though, doesn't compute.

Kreed

I can't believe this game is really coming. I mean it made sense...but for Sega to actually realize that is unbelievable.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Zidane-joie-FE-1024.jpg

meppi

canocha said:
Takeshi said its a sequel and he's thinking about it... forever! And now was the right time! :)
Yeah I remember reading about if they made a sequel they wanted to make sure everything was right.

Seeing how much NiGHTS fans always bugged Yuji Naka about a sequel, they realized that it would have to stand up to much scrutiny and trying to full fill those very high expectation were a very daunting task for the developers.

I guess with the similarities between Air NiGHTS that was in the works and the Wii controller this was indeed the "right time" to finally realize a new dream.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
It looks amazing!!! Damn Nintendo release the damn black Wii so I can finally get one.

It appears to be a on-rails game similar to Panzer Dragoon Orta and done by Sonic Team (lead by the director of Sonic Heroes). While that may be great for some at GAF, that little combo probably won't have the same impact for the mass market- although I admit I could be wrong.

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
It appears to be a on-rails game similar to Panzer Dragoon Orta and done by Sonic Team (lead by the director of Sonic Heroes). While that may be great for some at GAF, that little combo probably won't have the same impact for the mass market- although I admit I could be wrong.

NiGHTS was always on-rails, the director of Sonic Heroes is also the lead game designer of the original NiGHTS, and NiGHTS was the 2nd best selling Saturn game in the US. It's going to be just fine. Nobody is expecting Sonic or Mario numbers here, though Sonic Next-Gen or Sonic Wii numbers can reasonably be expected, I would think.

thefro

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:

He's the guy who was the main designer of NiGHTS... not Naka

http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/095/095406p1.html

He also made Sonic and his Shitty Friends and Shadow the Hedgehog

Segata Sanshiro said:
NiGHTS was always on-rails, the director of Sonic Heroes is also the lead game designer of the original NiGHTS, and NiGHTS was the 2nd best selling Saturn game in the US. It's going to be just fine. Nobody is expecting Sonic or Mario numbers here, though Sonic Next-Gen or Sonic Wii numbers can reasonably be expected, I would think.

I've played the original Nights so I'm well aware. I just didn't expect them to go the same route gameplay wise since the genre was/is a short lived one that never set the sales charts on fire in the past. If it were a hot genre today, there would be more of these games and they would still be selling well. However, if your gonna make this style of game, the Wii is the place to sell it and Nights is the one franchise you want to take on. This is the on-rails genre's best shot at a comeback. I was expecting SEGA to make it a free-roaming (or flying in this case) off rails game focused more on exploration.

thefro said:
He's the guy who was the main designer of NiGHTS... not Naka

http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/095/095406p1.html

He also made Sonic and his Shitty Friends and Shadow the Hedgehog

Which mean we got a 50/50 shot here. The previous Nights was made when Sonic Team had loads of talent. Those recent games were made once everyone left and they sucked. I have no doubt they could recreate a two gens ago relic faithfully, but creating a next gen experience worth paying full price for while living up to triple A standards everyone has set for this game is a bit iffy.

I for one will be trying the game out at a kiosk upon its release. I'm still trying to convince my self to buy another system.

That's looking really great so far from those scans. I hope that they have some members of the Ecco Dreamcast team working on this too. That game had it's problems, but some of the later level designs (the water orbs floating in sky one comes to mind) were really mindblowing and would an awesome fit for NiGHTS.

CrisKre

Im sooooo against people wanting this to be free roaming. Nights NEVER had a sequel. A lot of adittions can be made to the original formula with the wiimote and still have it be a great upgrade to the original without changing things so drastically it stops being nights. I want this game to still be somewhat roaming-constrained, because frankly it worked so perfectly to begin with and made flying uber gracefull.

Top Bottom