• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

thefro

BrodiemanTTR said:
I guess this broke too late for the 1Up crew eh?

1Up crew is probably NDAed, since I've never seen them say a peep about this game. They'll ignore it until the actual announcement like most of the other big sites.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I like this thread more, it's not full stupid like the other one.

that said, looks great. I'll be there day one.

tim1138

thefro said:
1Up crew is probably NDAed, since I've never seen them say a peep about this game. They'll ignore it like they do most other Wii games.

That looks about right now...
So is April 10th the when the next batch of info from Euro mags rolls in? Hopefully they'll make an announcement sooner rather than later here in the States about it.

"Earlier this week, SEGA officially announced the long awaited sequel to the NiGHTS franchise for Nintendo Wii and SEGA Europe is keeping the information coming.

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams will be taking advantage of some of Wii’s online functionality. The game will use information from Wii’s Forecast Channel to alter the game world based on real world conditions. WiiConnect24 will also be utilized to allow gamers to exchange items with other NiGHTS players.

SEGA Europe also revealed that gamers will be using “persona” masks. These new items allow NiGHTS to take on different forms, such as a dragon and dolphin, as well as granting him new powers, like the ability to swim."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/778/778242p1.html

Love To Love You Baby said:
"Earlier this week, SEGA officially announced the long awaited sequel to the NiGHTS franchise for Nintendo Wii and SEGA Europe is keeping the information coming.

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams will be taking advantage of some of Wii’s online functionality. The game will use information from Wii’s Forecast Channel to alter the game world based on real world conditions. WiiConnect24 will also be utilized to allow gamers to exchange items with other NiGHTS players.

SEGA Europe also revealed that gamers will be using “persona” masks. These new items allow NiGHTS to take on different forms, such as a dragon and dolphin, as well as granting him new powers, like the ability to swim."

duh

El Papa

That's really cool. The item exchanging sounds like it could be cool too, if you can get items sorta like Christmas Nights.

This is the first game that I've been in HIGH anticipation over in a long time. I want some Zelda DS and Mario Galaxy, but I've been waiting for this for a decade.

KINGMOKU

temjin said:
This will be the best game on Wii.
:lol Okay man, calm down. First off it's Sega. Second off, it's recent Sega. Third off, it's recent Sega making a sequel to a cherished game. It's best to think of this game as a chunck o' crap from the get, so when it does indeed fail to live up to the gargantuan expectations, it wont crush your videogame soul.

Breath deep, and exhale.

ivysaur12

Banned
moku said:
:lol Okay man, calm down. First off it's Sega. Second off, it's recent Sega. Third off, it's recent Sega making a sequel to a cherished game. It's best to think of this game as a chunck o' crap from the get, so when it does indeed fail to live up to the gargantuan expectations, it wont crush your videogame soul.

Breath deep, and exhale.

Don't hate on the guy for getting excited. Yeah, it's Sega. We all know. Myself? I enjoyed SATSR a lot, and even though this is a different division of Sonic Team, it still gives me hope for NiGHTS. And, even Sega knows that no one ****s around with NiGHTS. Wait and see would be the best approach. Let's try that... if you can.

moku said:

Breath deep, and exhale.

Wii cherish your input.

Anyway, all this mask discussion is randomly reminding of the awesomeness that is Majora's Mask. Maybe NiGHTS will involve a moon with red eyes and teeth crashing into the Earth, too.

This will be the BEST GAME EVERZ!

KINGMOKU

Love To Love You Baby said:
Wii cherish your imput.

Anyway, all this mask discussion is randomly reminding of the awesomeness that is Majora's Mask. Maybe NiGHTS will involve a moon with red eyes and teeth crashing into the Earth, too.

This will be the BEST GAME EVERZ!
You damn well better. I'm on contract to kick ass and take names you know.

Dont get me wrong. I want, no need this game to utterly rule. I adore Nights. I just dont want this upcoming game to ruin the franchise. One bad game can kill the whole franchise.

This, I do not want.

Joe Molotov

Setanta said:
Looks like NOM Isn't off the hook! Their world exclusive is Mario Strikers!
Only mentioning Nights wii and showing Sega Saturn screenshots to the original game.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/

Really? Their website says:

You can see the first screenshots of NiGHTS: Journey Of Dreams in Issue 16 of Official Nintendo Magazine, on sale on Friday 13 April.

That's pretty lame if there's no real screenshots.

Setanta said:
Looks like NOM Isn't off the hook! Their world exclusive is Mario Strikers!
Only mentioning Nights wii and showing Sega Saturn screenshots to the original game.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/
?

If you click for the preview of the magazine then go to the last page, it has a small preview of the news section for this month, clearly showing the same screens as we have already seen.

Plus I don't know why people are getting pissed off. They were right about NiGHTS Wii.

Setanta

The Friendly Monster said:
?

If you click for the preview of the magazine then go to the last page, it has a small preview of the news section for this month, clearly showing the same screens as we have already seen.

Plus I don't know why people are getting pissed off. They were right about NiGHTS Wii.

Yeah you are right. Whoops. Going by what I heard first, the screens were Saturn, maybe they have printed more Saturn shots than Wii??

I think Nights should have been on the cover though and the main theme NOT Mario Strikers. A bit of an Anti-Climax considering how important the game actually is.
Maybe the other mags have the 'exclusive grip'.

Setanta said:
Yeah you are right. Whoops. Going by what I heard first, the screens were Saturn, maybe they have printed more Saturn shots than Wii??

I think Nights should have been on the cover though and the main theme NOT Mario Strikers. A bit of an Anti-Climax considering how important the game actually is.
Maybe the other mags have the 'exclusive grip'.
Well it's a mag from the UK. Football games are big around here in Europe and that does include Strikers (sold over 100.000 in Germany alone, it was titled Mario Smash Football). I think Strikers is actually the bigger game for Europe by far.

Namomura

57421520070412_215839_0_big.jpg

57421520070412_215840_5_big.jpg

nice :)

dyls

The modelling looks nicer on those pics, but it may just be the crappiness of the scan. In any case, this game looks tailor-made for a stoner such as myself.

ethelred

Segata Sanshiro said:
I hadn't seen all of those before. Man.

These are exciting times to be a Sega fan. I could--I could just cry.

The possibility of a new Samba following all the other nice recent Sega developments is a good thing... but more is still needed. A new Kodama RPG, for one. And, of course, there's Shenmue...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ethelred said:
The possibility of a new Samba following all the other nice recent Sega developments is a good thing... but more is still needed. A new Kodama RPG, for one. And, of course, there's Shenmue...

Please don't get my hopes up. :(

temjin

Banned
ALl that GameReactor stuff is new. And it looks phenomenal!!!

http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/violet/journey/ofdreams.htm

There are more full scans and other mag scans there. Scroll to the bottom, also taken from that:

Nightsintodreams.com said:
- The white speachbubble: "CLARIS & ELLIOT: Sega didn't want to reveal
any details around the plot of the new game, but confirmed that the
children who's dreams made up the levels in the first game, Claris and
Elliot, are back and will play a central role."

- The textblurb "DREAMDEMON: The main character Nights is a
androgynous dreamdemon who's traveling to the land Nightopia to bring
down a wicked demon called Reala who has seized all of the happy
dreams from all children of the world."

In short, the kids and Reala are back! :D

Also, from the main text: "The game is a new interpretation of the old
game, even if there will of course be a lot of new stuff."

The NiD1 and NiD2 is for the two pages, the third one was an attempt
to get all of the new CG pic of NiGHTS. That pic is oh so pretty, the
scan doesn't do it justice *___* Lookit those eyes~"

I jump for joy. The only part that worries me now is the "new interpretation" part. Dundundunnnnnnn rewrite. But damn Claris, Reala and Elliot are back, it makes me less irate.
It's sounding and looking pretty amazing to me!

ivysaur12

Banned
Reala's the main enemy?

Holy ****.

EDIT: But the "reimagining" is sort of a downer. I mean, if it's a remaked NiD + N:JoD, then yeah, I'd be happy, but it doesn't seem like it is.

temjin

Banned
Wizeman is in it too.

It really does seem like a remake, only with a lot of new touchers/story/characters etc. Who knows, but it still sounds awesome!

Top Bottom