• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS into Dreams HD |OT| Dreaming of snow, sparkles, and nightmares [Control patch]

ShadiWulf

F4IgD.jpg

urGH2.png

NIGHTS into Dreams HD is based off of the PS2 version of NiGHTS, but it also includes the Saturn version of NiGHTS if you prefer to play that.

Release Date: Week of Oct 2nd US, EU, and Japan - PC Version in a few months
Platforms: PlayStation Network(PS3), STEAM(PC - US & EU only), and XBLA(XBOX 360)
Price: $10, £6.49, €7.99, 1000 yen, 800 MSP
Features: Leaderboards, 16:9 aspect ratio​
T3IWn.png

In order: NiGHTS, Claris, Elliot, Reala, Wizeman
ynyVB.png
Q6t32.png
rAKkF.png

That night Elliot and Claris return home, thinking of themselves as failures, not realizing that the real challenge is about to begin. In the world of Nightopia where our dreams are played out, an evil being is gaining tremendous power. He is Wizeman the Wicked, and through his creations the Nightmaren, he captures precious dream energy from humans. If he is not stopped, he will rise from the subconscious and enter our world. No power on earth will be able to stop him.

As Wizeman's Nightmaren start fulfilling his horrible plan, a Nightopian escapes from the dream world and begs the sleeping Elliot and Claris to save the world from the evil being. Just a few moments ago they felt like total failures. But now that the world needs their help, Elliot and Claris feel, for the first time in their lives, a courage growing within them. They accept the Nightopians desperate request.

The creature explains to them that they need to recover four types of dream energy from Wizeman's Ideya capture, a group of large machine-like beings. The four energies are White (representing Purity), Green (Wisdom), Yellow (Hope), and Blue (intelligence).

Wizeman will attempt to steal Elliot and Claris' dream energy and try to confuse them by placing them in strange dream worlds. These worlds are places developed from the depths of their minds. The fifth and rarest of the dream energies, Bravery (Red in colour), is the only type of energy Wizeman and his henchmen cannot steal. It is said that the only one not yet under Wizeman's power is NiGHTS, who appears as an aerial acrobat and is attracted to red dream energy. The Nightopian believes that Elliot and Claris possess this rare energy, and thus NiGHTS will come to their aid.

The Nightopian warns that sooner or later Wizeman will send the most powerful of his Nightmaren, his henchmen, after Claris and Elliot. The two children will need the help of NiGHTS every step of the way to thwart Wizeman's plans if they are to restore peace to Nightopia. (Source)​
07Tdi.png

1zHLx.png

NiGHTS into Dreams HD includes Christmas NiGHTS!​
sld36.png

dXzkq.png

Bonus interview about dream theories and NiGHTS creation with the fearless leader and visionary of Sonic Team, Takashi Iizuka / Iizuka-san!​
RdEYe.png

NL1ml.png

AthDC.png
Click for full size

More Screens
QNC38.png

Coming Soon​

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wow I had no idea this was coming out next week.

Hope its good because I've never played it before. Shame its not on the Vita but still looking forward to it.

With the recent Daytona USA, JSR, and now NiGHTS releases it really looks like SEGA has actually been listening to the fanbase and that's great. I think NiGHTS was missed by a lot of gamers because the Saturn wasn't successful in the west. This will be a great opportunity for many to finally play the game without having to invest in retro hardware or the abomination that hit the wii.

dani_dc

I've waited a long time for this, I played the game (as well as Christmsa NiGHTS) for the Saturn but never actually bought it. I've regretted never owning it and I was rather frustated that we never saw the PS2 version released here (as well as Dragon Force).

I'll get it day 1 on Steam, after that my game plan is simple, play NiGHTS into Dreams until December and booting up Christmas edition on December (perhaps even waiting to Christmas day). Anyone else doing that?

I completely forgot this was coming out. I've already had NiGHTS and Christmas NiGHTS for the Saturn for the last 15 or so years, so I more than likely won't personally be getting this...but I can tell you one thing:

If you love video games, YOU NEED TO PLAY THIS.

May replay the whole game yet again soon on my Saturn. Also, I play Christmas NiGHTS every single Christmas Eve. It's my little tradition. Hah.

Finally, a whole new generation can experience Iizuka-sama's masterpiece!

This same post will be repurposed for ironic use in the eventual SA2 thread.

Atrarock

Never played it, so after reading the OP and some replies, I probably have no excuse to not get it. So I shall get it.

AniHawk

i will never forget the final level of this game. it's one of my favorite gaming moments, and it was 8 years after the game had come out, in 2004.

Sciz

Ten bucks for one of the all-time greats is a steal. Buy it, play it, love it.

Not that I'm going to have much in the way of time to sink into it for a while. :(

I wish I had both time and a system to play this on, lol. And I wish that SEGA had also gotten an interview with Ohshima and not just Iizuka. That should be a crime.

Iceman

Imo NiGHTS is one of the most over-rated video games of my time.

Gut reaction is to say that you probably don't know how to play it. The game never instructs on how to play it properly. At first the game felt overly simplistic and clumsy, and then after a few hours of experimenting it all clicked.. and then I was treated to one of the most addictive and rewarding experiences I've ever had on a console. Everything comes together so beautifully.

Fusebox

Banned
Gut reaction is to say that you probably don't know how to play it. The game never instructs on how to play it properly. At first the game felt overly simplistic and clumsy, and then after a few hours of experimenting it all clicked.. and then I was treated to one of the most addictive and rewarding experiences I've ever had on a console. Everything comes together so beautifully.

Maybe, I just flew around and collected balls.

Birbo

I'm there. Still have my Nights pillowcase I got when I purchased the game and 3D controller from Best Buy!

I don't think I've ever been this grateful for an HD re-release. No joke, I've been wanting to play this game for about 10 years. Will definitely get day 1 to finally scratch that itch.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Forgot this was out so soon. Will cop it on Steam.

Sega's been doing so good lately with these HD rereleases. Lovin' it.

Top Bottom