• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS Wii : First Screen from a Portuguese magazine

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
DarknessTear said:
Remember that this is Sega. It should be more like... (if you're a fan of the series)

YES! No.. NO! Nooooooooooooooo!!!!
It has the original director on the project (I think). Sonic Team USA though (uh ohs).

It'll be fine as long as they
A) keep it the same
B) don't mess with the score mechanic

Prime crotch said:
Check the other Nigths 2 thread. The most important thing he said were, Wii exclusive, 2-P mode and online features.

Man, I dont want have to comb through such a huge thread but I may have to. I assume the online is online co-op. I cant see online multiplayer working any other way since its on rails.

This won't sell me a Wii but if I get one, it would be on my list after I got my must haves.

Segata Sanshiro said:
You know, my arm is getting tired. Can you attach a grenade to your belt, pull the pin, and flip yourself? Thanks.

Segata Sanshiro does not experience fatigue!

REVEAL YOUR TRUE FORM, IMPOSTER!

segata8tinew.gif

meppi

dog$ said:
I thought Nights was stupid back in 97 and things don't look much different here.

weeeeeeeeeee im flying
and im flying some more
.... and some more...
.... weeee

Muhahahahahahahahaha, now I understand why your views on games mean sh*t to me. :lol

Haunted

Segata Sanshiro said:
You know, my arm is getting tired. Can you attach a grenade to your belt, pull the pin, and flip yourself? Thanks.

Almost as flamboyant as YOUR FACE
Segata Sanshiro does not get tired. At least act the part properly
and do some headlocks.

goddamn you, Pureauthor. Get out of my head! :D

NeonZ

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Sorry guys, not real. Where is Nights' alter ego that carries a gun and drives cars?

Don't worry, he mentioned that other characters might be revealed later. :)

Jel0man

Again:lol

Por enquanto, este novo NiGHTS é um exclusivo Wii.

For the time being, this new NiGHTS is exclusive to Wii.

For the time being. Hmm. Dictionary please.

DCX

DCX
dog$ said:
lol

You've pointlessly typed your name so many times that you figured to change it up a bit eh?[/i]
Not really, i typed it wrong! :lol Ummm...no, yeah i was going with the funny , see what i did there? :D :lol :)

DCX

Jonnyram

DarknessTear said:
Remember that this is Sega. It should be more like... (if you're a fan of NiGHTS)

YES! No.. NO! Nooooooooooooooo!!!!
But the screens look pretty good to me.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
It has the original director on the project (I think). Sonic Team USA though (uh ohs).
Oh shit :( Tell me you're lying... please :( :( :(

PolyGone

Banned
I love how some rag from out of the blue scoops every single news outlet in the gaming world including famitsu.

WTF

Rody said:
We don't know how it'll play so it's hard to say. But I think it's possible.

Its Nights into Dreams, not Nights into Wishful Thinking

Jonnyram

After closely inspecting screenshots...
Where are the rings to fly through? where are the infinite chains?
**** you Sega, don't ruin another classic :(

Y2Kev

Jonnyram said:
After closely inspecting screenshots...
Where are the rings to fly through? where are the infinite chains?
**** you Sega, don't ruin another classic :(

I think it is pretty obvious these aren't gameplay shots...so we wouldn't see any of that stuff yet.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I translated the interview with Takeshi Iizuka for you:

Q: How did the idea of creating NiGHTS for Nintendo's new console come along?
A: I've been interested in making this sequel for as long as I can remember, and the moment seemed perfect to start working on it. This game is ideal to take advantage of the Wii controller's potential.

Q: Will we get, once again, inside the dreams (and nightmares) of Claire and Elliot, or are there new human characters whose dreams we'll be able to visit?
A: Just like the first game's story, the new NiGHTS happens inside a dream world, and its story will follow the adventure of those children. I hope to announce further details in the coming months.

Q: Will the main character (also called NiGHTS) be alone in this mission, or are there new kinds of Nightmare-people to control?
A: I can already confirm that NiGHTS will be the main character, and that he will have new habilities which will be explained later. As for new characters, I can't reveal anything yet. You'll have to wait and see.

Q: Which new flight manoeuvers will this charismatic figure be able to perform?
A: NiGHTS will have a considerable number of acrobatic movements, many of them never seen before, for the player to perform easily using the Wii controller. You can count on loops, spins, and other manoeuvers which will be kept secret for now.

Q: In which ways does Nintendo's new console attract you?
A: I am particularly enthusiastic about witnessing all of this technological advance, and about knowing that, as a programmer, I can create games in the new consoles which, a few years ago, I was only able to dream of.

Q: We're real fans of this character. Do you think that he will still be able to be interesting to the public, after all these years?
A: Above everything, I hope that NiGHTS fans like this game as much as the First one. I'm confident that, with all the new features I'm hoping to include, it will also attract a new player base, not yet familiar with this character's world.

Q: What can we expect, regarding game modes?
A: Besides a single player mode, familiar to everyone, there will be a two-player mode and certain special online functions.

Q: Do you intend to take the inspired NiGHTS experience to other platforms?
A: So far, this new NiGHTS game is a Wii exclusive.

Q: What other classic franchises, developed either by you or Sonic Team, would you like to bring back to life?
A: When I created NiGHTS, I didn't see it as a classic franchise, but I always hoped I would be able to dedicate it a sequel when the right moment came. For know, this is the only game series I'd like to see people talking about once more.

Edit: Yes, I'm Portuguese.

Y2Kev

TheKingsCrown said:
If there is pointing, it would be very difficult. Depends on the scheme though.

There shouldn't be pointing. At least not for primary movement.

If you point to where you want to go and NiGHTS goes there, you lose the feeling of actually being Nights. That was what was so amazing about the Saturn original....the stick was designed to give the feeling of the proper resistance and it just felt very appropriate. You also could react to how NiGHTS was floating on the screen really accurately.

It should not be "point and go," if anything they should do the pad on its side because that works nicely for 2d games.

meppi

Y2Kevbug11 said:
I think it is pretty obvious these aren't gameplay shots...so we wouldn't see any of that stuff yet.
Yeah, there's no Ideya Palaces, blue spheres or even regular enemies in those shots, so that makes sense.

Of course, you are all right! MUST TRAIN HARDER!
segata_s.gif

dog$ said:
lol

You've pointlessly typed your name so many times that you figured to change it up a bit eh?Eh, more like a super Sega overhype thing.

I thought Nights was stupid back in 97 and things don't look much different here.

weeeeeeeeeee im flying
and im flying some more
.... and some more...
.... weeee

segata8tinew.gif

DarknessTear said:
When has Sega not ****ed with things lately? I also expect NiGHTS to have shitty boy band music too.

SECOND OFFENSE!

sonicr.gif

PureAuthor said:
Segata Sanshiro does not experience fatigue!

REVEAL YOUR TRUE FORM, IMPOSTER!

ET TU PUREAUTHOR

segata8tinew.gif

Haunted_One said:
Segata Sanshiro does not get tired. At least act the part properly and do some headlocks.

REQUEST GRANTED

sonicr.gif

Jel0Man said:
Again

Por enquanto, este novo NiGHTS é um exclusivo Wii.

For the time being, this new NiGHTS is exclusive to Wii.

WHO CARES ABOUT SYSTEM WARS IT IS NIGHTS 2! IT GETS BOUGHT WHEREVER IT MAY BE
segata8tinew.gif

segata8tinew.gif
segata8tinew.gif

fresquito

Things I gather from the text:

- There's no official name yet.
- A sequel wasn't made earlier because they didn't want to evolve the game graphically, they wanted to evolve it from a gameplay standpoint, make it more surreal. With the Wii they were given this chance, and they took it.
- I think it says Sega will make the official unveiling at the beginning of April.
- Two players mode.
- Online (not discussed, it sounds like could be just WiiConnect24 and no online gameplay).
- Nightopia revisited with more human characters, more enemies and bosses, more tricks and a bigger freedom of movements.
- Sonic Team is doing the game.
- Takeshi IIzuka is in charge, was the director of Sonic Heroes.
- Wii exclusive, with no idea to port it over at the moment.

Keep in mind I don't talk portuguese, but I somewhat understand it (I'm Spanish).

dog$

Hates quality gaming
meppi said:
Muhahahahahahahahaha, now I understand why your views on games mean sh*t to me.
As if they did before.

Besides, isn't my tag enough of a hint?

yay nights yay

Jel0man

TWO-PLAYER MODE AND CERTAIN SPECIAL ONLINE FUNCTIONS

Que podemos esperar relativamente a modos de jogo?

Além do modo para um jogador, que já todos conhecem, haverá um modo para dois participantes e certas funções online especiais.

What new game modes can we expect?

Apart from the one player mode, the game will have a two-player mode and certain special online functions.

I think this is going to play a lot like the magic carpet portion of Sonic and the Secret Rings. The game looks awesome so far. Can't wait to see it in motion.

Y2Kev

Drinky Crow said:
the original nights was an awful game (with a killer soundtrack), and this looks to keep the spirit of suckiness alive

Why was it terrible?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Man, maybe I should start wearing diapers. First GTAIV and now NiGHTS 2.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Q: Will the main character (also called NiGHTS) be alone in this mission, or are there new kinds of Nightmare-people to control?
A: I can already confirm that NiGHTS will be the main character, and that he will have new habilities which will be explained later. As for new characters, I can't reveal anything yet. You'll have to wait and see.

Nights and his shitty friends confirmed? :(

Top Bottom