• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS (Wii): New screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverBed

Banned
why the **** would you post so many CG pics- if at all? you only make the game look even more horrid than it already is.

Tristam

In response to the AI comment, it depends on whether they incorporate that fancy "A-Life" system that was featured in the original.

I just don't know what to say about the game. It does look very dated, but judging by the gameplay video they're retaining all the stylistic elements that made NiGHTS such a wonder to play. I'm glad they showcased a Puffy lookalike as Puffy was my favorite Nightmaren in the original. The game's appearance is inconsistent at best: the model of the Puffy lookalike actually looks great, but the backgrounds are what kills the game. Not in terms of art style (as I said, it looks like NiGHTS), but in graphical fidelity.

thefro

AdmiralViscen said:
I'm not whining. Just don't act like the game looks above average graphically, because it really doesn't.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/nightsjourneyofdreams/news.html?sid=6174475&mode=previews
Gamespot said:
NiGHTS' graphics are shaping up nicely. The game has a nice, stylized look to it that includes a lot of pleasant visual effects as you dart around through the various levels. There's a distinct aesthetic difference between some of the worlds. The main world we saw was rather colorful and cheery, while the boss stage was very dark, with a lot of deep reds and blacks. This represents the difference between the normal Nightopia and the corrupted Nightmaren areas. The game is already running at a solid frame rate, and the art style is quite lovely.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3161254
1up said:
Based on what we saw prior to E3, we were a bit worried about the game's visuals and style, but in motion, it looks great and maintains a lot of the character that made the original game so memorable.

Sounds like it's above-average to me. If the framerate turns out well (which IGN was worried about), it'll be an above-average Wii title graphically at the least (most shovelware and ports look a lot worse than that).

EktorPR said:
Oh c'mon, we've seen gameplay videos and the game looks (and runs) fine. Quit the whining.

your definition of "fine" is different from mine then i guess. I wouldn't describe something that would have been right at home in 2001 as "fine".

Looks kinda meh. All is forgotten if it offers a great gaming experience though.

Please don't suck!

_leech_ said:
CG counts as screens now? Except for the last two, obviously.
Sure, CG even counts as a trailer nowadays.

Next-gen Nights:

nights360vp3.jpg

thefro said:
Sounds like it's above-average to me. If the framerate turns out well (which IGN was worried about), it'll be an above-average Wii title graphically at the least (most shovelware and ports look a lot worse than that).
Did they see a different video than the one shown right before E3? Because that looked pretty boring/terrible for a game releasing in 4-5 months up against Mario Galaxy. Or two years after Resident Evil 4.

Phife Dawg said:
Looks kinda meh. All is forgotten if it offers a great gaming experience though.

Please don't suck!

This looks fantastic to me, considering i can sit down and still play nights:itd for hours, any graphical upgrade is nice. And when it comes down to it theres not much they can get wrong....the game is very simple after all.

fernoca

Of All Trades said:
Did they see a different video than the one shown right before E3? Because that looked pretty boring/terrible for a game releasing in 4-5 months up against Mario Galaxy. Or two years after Resident Evil 4.
They watched someone else playing the game.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Phife Dawg said:

Please don't suck!

Sure, CG even counts as a trailer nowadays.

Next-gen Nights:

nights360vp3.jpg

I don't know what's lamer: the fact some next-gen developers have created this stupid stigma of motion blur + extremely overdone bloom lighting in next-gen games or the fact people keep repeating it as if quality developers nowadays still do it.

anotherworld said:
Xbox 360/PS3 in game would of been..

If someone went into a CoD4 thread and said "imagine this game with motion and pointer controls instead of busted dual analog," what would you say to them?

Man, I love threads about how shoddy Wii screens look. After this, we should all go post thousands of sales charts and speculate who's going to win the GREAT CONSOLE WAR five years from now.

Seriously--Nights (the original and the new one) both look much, much better in motion than in shots. Everybody knows that.

nategc

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
I can't wait for the day that GAF bans Wii screenshots. They are an insult to gaming.

don't give them ideas.... the sony fans wanted to ban mainstream newspapers after e3.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Segata Sanshiro said:
Looking good to me. But you know, I actually like NiGHTS.

you PLAY games? What are you doing on GAF?

Jammy

Banned
This game's graphics aren't that great, but the art style and color is what I want to see more of. Seriously, this has more color and imagination to it than 95% of "next-gen" games out there.

AdmiralViscen said:
If someone went into a CoD4 thread and said "imagine this game with motion and pointer controls instead of busted dual analog," what would you say to them?

HD,5.1, Amazing texture, physics.:lol

brocke

Banned
MGrant said:
How is it possible for a dev to allow a sky looking that terrible in their game, in this day and age? Jesus, at least make it a high-res flat texture.

when the new consumers nintendo opened up with the wii include elderly people with poor vision. that's how.

Ah good, another NiGHTS thread lost to ****ing asshole system warriors. Let me know when your guys' favourite games come out so I can eat a big bowl of chile and come over to your house to shit in your lap.

fernoca

Segata Sanshiro said:
Ah good, another NiGHTS thread lost to ****ing asshole system warriors. Let me know when your guys' favourite games come out so I can eat a big bowl of chile and come over to your house to shit in your lap.
Well, Segata..you know it was lost just during the first few replies of "Boohoohoo....I don't like how it looks"...

And I was like the second to admit that I liked the in-game pics, and still people continue whining..

LCGeek

formerly sane
brocke said:
when the new consumers nintendo opened up with the wii include elderly people with poor vision. that's how.

So ederly people who could care less about nights are now an excuse for sega's inability to make a decent looking game.

Segata Sanshiro said:

:lol

It can still be a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom