• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS (Wii): New screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammy

Banned
kammy said:
Its short for fanatic.

A Wiifan would be someone who thinks WiiSports is GOTY.

An xfan is someone who thinks Halo is the best game ever

A Sony fan is someone who owns the best gaddamn console in the world (PS3)

:lol

"The original NiGHTS played really slowly too, if you totally sucked at it... and judging by what we saw in the clip, the guy demoing the game REALLY sucked at it."

Nah, even looking at the stage design, there's really...not much there as far as linking through the stage.

A game like NiGHTS is heavily reliant on stage design (as well as music and atmosphere, Soft Museum was mindblowing in 1996), and I'm not sure if the Shadow the Hedgehog team is up to snuff.

Setanta

Slavik81 said:
Why does this game look worse than a Gamecube game? WHY? WHY!? *sob*

:lol
If i'm right in 'Kammy' language a Wii-Fan would respond with: BUT IT IS IN THE MOTION OF THE GAME, ITS HOW THE GAME LOOKS AND FEELS WITH TEH REMOTE

Am I right with the fanisms?

'Fanism' sucks if that is the case, i'd rather read a review or atleast garner an opinion first from a magazine or gaming site first, to how it actually plays! Although looking at a video tells a lot too, if going by Mario Galaxy shows.

First few looked like PS3/360 version. Last two not so much...

And I tried to defend the graphics on this game today in another thread...

Crap looks like... well crap.

Factor-5 and RE4 are the living proof that the GameCube architecture can do wonders. Why the hell are developers so lazy with the Wii game which isn't even a port?

Disgaea is another story. The series has never been about the graphics. But I remember NiGHTS actually had good graphics for its time and console.

AIRic

Still looks good to me, but I never had the chance to see HD games in front of me yet (Nintendo & PC forever). It will be my first NIGHT experience, I hope this franchise will live of his hype!

Really... no one else said it?

05.jpg

Japan Time? (Most of that seems to be roman numerals, but not all.)

Lobster

Banned
I took some shots myself of the trailer to prove its not as ugly a game as some think..sorry for the quality..

Nights7.jpg

Nights6.jpg

Nights5.jpg

Nights4.jpg

Nights3.jpg

Nights2.jpg

Nights1.jpg

Edit: DEEPLY sorry..

AniHawk said:
This is the second time NiGHTS has been sent up against Mario. What is Sega thinking?
Sega doesn't do "thinking".
not since the Dreamcast

Anyway, how about GAF goes over to Sonic Team USA and forms a blockade from now until next June? Nobody goes in, nobody goes out. They'll have no choice but to work on the game an extra 7 months.

AniHawk

Elfforkusu said:
Sega doesn't do "thinking".
not since the Dreamcast

Anyway, how about GAF goes over to Sonic Team USA and forms a blockade from now until next June? Nobody goes in, nobody goes out. They'll have no choice but to work on the game an extra 7 months.

Or starve to death.

rakka

monkeylite said:
First few looked like PS3/360 version. Last two not so much...

Show me a PS3/360 game that looks like the CG screens.

Crap looks like... well crap.

This is true though.

Factor-5 and RE4 are the living proof that the GameCube architecture can do wonders. Why the hell are developers so lazy with the Wii game which isn't even a port?

Devs are lazy, yes. But I believe this project started as a PS3/360 game? So it could be counted as a port.

ghibli99

CG looks nice... pretty consistent with the dreamlike look/feel of the Saturn clips, minus the obvious blockiness. The two game engine shots don't really show much.

NiGHTS on the SS wasn't a technical marvel. Draw distance was laughable, framerate jumped from 15-30ish, etc., but the gameplay, music, artistic originality/variety, controls, really made it stand out as one of the best experiences on the system.

I have no idea what this one is going to be like, but I'm looking forward to it w/ cautious optimism. I never felt like this game needed a sequel, though, because the first one was a very satisfying and enjoyable game (and Christmas NiGHTS was a great encore/"dessert").

Threi

notag
Lobster said:
I took some shots myself of the trailer to prove its not as ugly a game as some think..sorry for the quality..

*wtf is this shit*

Edit: DEEPLY sorry..

:lol :lol :lol

Lobster

Banned
Mr. Pachunga Chung said:
:lol :lol :lol

They didn't turn out quite as I hoped :( the ones I took of Sonic were great but the Nights video(quality wise) is already a piece of crap and I made it even into more crap.

Edit: Im still leaving them there since they look better then the overside screenshots that were released offically.

ghibli99 said:
CG looks nice... pretty consistent with the dreamlike look/feel of the Saturn clips, minus the obvious blockiness. The two game engine shots don't really show much.

NiGHTS on the SS wasn't a technical marvel. Draw distance was laughable, framerate jumped from 15-30ish, etc., but the gameplay, music, artistic originality/variety, controls, really made it stand out as one of the best experiences on the system.

I have no idea what this one is going to be like, but I'm looking forward to it w/ cautious optimism. I never felt like this game needed a sequel, though, because the first one was a very satisfying and enjoyable game (and Christmas NiGHTS was a great encore/"dessert").
BS. It was a damn fine looking game technically for its time.

if what i read is correct; why are they getting the already known-to-be-failures, the shadow the hedgehog team, to do such an important game? from what i understand that game didn't do too well and such an important game such as this... well, it seems like they don't care..

jiangjunizzy said:
if what i read is correct; why are they getting the already known-to-be-failures, the shadow the hedgehog team, to do such an important game? from what i understand that game didn't do too well and such an important game such as this... well, it seems like they don't care..

I loved Shadow the Hedgehog. That is, loved to laugh at it.

thanks for whoever bumped this thread, but :lol

Ninjascooter said it best. the first few screens I was like wow, they really pushed the wii hardware than BAM!

after playing RSC2 and some other games on the xbox, and the wii being more powerful... I thought the CGs were real!

rakka

Scottlarock said:
after playing RSC2 and some other games on the xbox, and the wii being more powerful... I thought the CGs were real!

Name one game that looks as good as the CG.

PC/360/PS3, anything.

M3d10n

ghibli99 said:

I have two words for you: Soft Museum.

Doel

BrodiemanTTR said:
Scrolling through all the screens and then hitting the last two. :lol :lol
OMG :lol

And Nintendo Power in their newest issue called this game a "gorgeous Wii exclusive" and "if the game is as great as the visuals...NIGHTS be one of the year's biggest exclusives".

rakka

Doel said:
And Nintendo Power in their newest issue called this game a "gorgeous Wii exclusive" and "if the game is as great as the visuals...NIGHTS be one of the year's biggest exclusives".

el oh el.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
rakka said:
Would have preferred a new thread :p

But yes, they look alright.

Eh..didn't know if 5 new screens were enough to justify a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom