• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Niitsuma over cut and suggested characters in (Ultimate) Marvel vs Capcom 3

[QUOTE="D";234547421]Jin Saotome better be in Infinite or its gone be a problem.[/QUOTE]
Jin along with Gene and Asura would be great additions.

sinkfla87

[QUOTE="D";234547421]Jin Saotome better be in Infinite or its gone be a problem.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say, it's a travesty he isn't even on that list haha. I remember Capcom saying they couldn't figure out how to implement his moves using the LMHS button format. :(

Kevinroc

I would have liked some Breath of Fire reps. But I think BoF II Nina would have been better than the other Ninas.

It's all about those dark wings.

Jawmuncher

Interesting never saw this picture before.
A lot of other characters were considered for this game as well.

No Regina Again!

untitled17fual.png

I was going to say, it's a travesty he isn't even on that list haha. I remember Capcom saying they couldn't figure out how to implement his moves using the LMHS button format. :(
Really? Haven't read about that. I call bs though.

He must return, base roster or DLC.

MechaX

Maaaan, we were really that close to getting Breath of Fire representation, let alone fucking Fou-Lu?

I'm still holding out for BOF2 Nina in Infinite. Can pretty much just base her around Storm's gameplay and go hogwild.

Yukinari

Marvel rosters are only gonna get worse and worse.

And the comments about characters being too sexy is really strange when you have a literal succubus in your game.

And the comments about characters being too sexy is really strange when you have a literal succubus in your game.

I don't think Rouge is more risque than Morrigan but Arieta could be a problem because she is a naked girl in a robot suit piloting a mech in Cyberbots.

arieta-cyberbots.png

I don't think Rouge is more risque than Morrigan but Arieta could be a problem because she is a naked girl in a robot suit piloting a mech in Cyberbots.

arieta-cyberbots.png

To be fair, they were probably thinking about her transformation when they choose to not consider her. It is a bit riskier than the stuff in MVC3, but it could have been easily reworked

rouge-hq.jpg

Edit: Oh whoops, beaten

I assume their problem with Rouge was her transformation as her standard form is pretty tame.

I never seen the character art for her transformation, but I can see the issue if they run off that. IIRC the actual 3d model in game was just a gold shirt, but I admit it has been years since I last played the game.

mrmickfran

I think it is important to note that UMVC3 was originally going to have 58 characters instead of 50. The Capcom characters that we know were in the final running were X, Gene, Gill, and Nina.
What a damn shame.

I would've mained Gene now matter how bad I would've been.

bethore

dioVSvg.png

Not even a mention of these two. Although, I think I recall hearing that Captain Commando was too old school and didn't really have anything outside that one game to justify his inclusion. Screw that, these two were awesome.

Edit: Also adding insult to injury, there was this in a stage in MvC3 regarding the missing characters.
Umvc3-post2.jpg

RedBoot

I doubt it since it's going to be different team working on MVC:I.

True. I actually think a "refresh" would benefit both sides of the roster, though we'd likely get that anyway on the Marvel side since the MCU has changed things so much since MvC3 (not to mention the potential X-Embargo).

I do hope the Capcom side doesn't end up Street Fighter heavy, though. TvC and MvC3's approach was perfect.

EulaCapra

This reads like a sad Waifu War where all the boys vetoed other boys' female character picks and the final tally had zero female newcomers out of spite. Way to be one of the worse at male:female roster ratios, Capcom! Just above Netherrealm!

yShxNjt.gif

One character who actually remained until our very last cuts was Nina. By the way, she was based on her Breath of Fire 1 design. I personally like her Breath of Fire 3 design the best, and we were even thinking about having a super where she brought out all the other Ninas, kind of like Mega Man's Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

"Capcpom: we fuck up on our Fighters"

Ingrid deserved to be cut.

As well it should be.

Did Niitsuma just make a JoJo reference?

I like this guy.

Is this a japanese video game after 1987?

Zubz

Banned
I'm glad to see we were spared Ingrid, but the remaining cuts are heartbreaking. Tessa, Gene, Miles, & Kingpin definitely deserve to be in Infinite!

Jawmuncher

This reads like a sad Waifu War where all the boys vetoed other boys' female character picks and the final tally had zero female newcomers out of spite. Way to be one of the worse at male:female roster ratios, Capcom! Just above Netherrealm!

yShxNjt.gif

If MVCI is less than 1:4 i'll riot

Korigama

Ingrid: You again?!
Which didn't stop you from putting in Akuma, who is in absolutely everything (including games that Capcom didn't even make) and wound up making Ryu completely redundant in this game, even with the attempts to make the latter relevant in UMvC3.

Pitiful to go through 150 possible female suggestions and not make use of a single one (not even going to get started on the specious reasoning of omitting some based on age rating concerns).

mrmickfran

Which didn't stop you from putting in Akuma, who is in absolutely everything (including games that Capcom didn't even make) and wound up making Ryu completely redundant in this game, even with the attempts to make the latter relevant in UMvC3.
You can't just get rid of Akuma.

You simply can't.

Pitiful to go through 150 possible female suggestions and not make use of a single one (not even going to get started on the specious reasoning of omitting some based on age rating concerns).

Akuma is the original crossover character - he is why the MvC series exists.

Korigama

Akuma was a secret character in X-Men: Children of the Atoms. He's the first Capcom character to go against Marvel ones, thus making COTA technically the first "Marvel vs. Capcom".
Oh right, that. That bit of trivia still doesn't serve as a particularly strong justification for why he NEEDS to be in, particularly with the redundancy issue I already brought up.

The X-Men themselves already aren't going to be particularly relevant to the franchise moving forward at this point, and there will be plenty more fuss over that.

Top Bottom