• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nikkei: 3DS sells 400k day 1

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
n2flgo.gif

mehdi_san

A few stores still have 3DSes available as of tonight, but yeah I guess they will reach 400k by the end of the weekend...

Azure J

Money. 3DS prints it.

Seriously, a matter of minutes? And I'm planning on trying to get one for the holidays in the U.S.?

I'm screwed. XD

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I got my (non preorder) machine around 4pm today - plenty of machines available. I'm sure the units are hard to come by right now but any idea that this was "sold out in minutes" is a bit off the mark

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
slaughterking said:
Is the article really talking about a matter of minutes?
ができるなど出足は好調で、初日の販売分はほぼ完売したもようだ

EDIT: Now that I see it again maybe it doesn't mean minutes of hour. I'll edit the OP.

KingDizzi

Banned
slaughterking said:
Is the article really talking about a matter of minutes?

It's called exaggeration and it's not needed when a system sells 400k on launch day, if it did happen then the people employees must be robots or something. We all knew the 3DS would sell well, question is that how many can Nintendo manufacture?

faridmon

400k? not impressed, Can't Nintendo ship more 3DSes since it is written all over it that its going to sell in matter of minuttes. But no, Nintendo is being conservative...

Speevy

Banned
The customers were scanned with a high frequency laser which processed the bar code implanted within each one of them, automatically extracting the desired amount from their bank accounts.

400,000 units of the 3DS were then teleported from shipping facilities to their hands.

You're right, it was more like seconds.

matmanx1

I don't remember where I read it but 400k was the day 1 allocation and the launch period allocation was 1-1.5million for Japan. I think the easy prediction at this point is that they sell all of those ;-)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
For comparisons sake, Nintendo shipped 400,000 Wiis to Japan for launch, and it took two days to sell ~370,000.

It's going to be interesting to see if Nintendo can keep up with demand. I can easily see the 3DS having a year of shortages like the Wii did.

Top Bottom