• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nikkei.co.jp: Wii worldwide leader

Gamefront.de is reporting that nikkei.co.jp has published an article about the worldwide sales of Wii, X360 and PS3. I have no clue about japanese, but apparently one of the gamefront guys understands it. Anyway here is what they have for the worldwide sales:

1. Wii: 9.020.000 St.* (Verkaufsstart: November 2006)
* Daten wurden weltweit bis Ende 07/07, für Japan bis Ende 08/07 erfasst
2. Xbox 360: 8.800.000 St. (Verkaufsstart: November 2005)
3. PS3: 3.700.000 St. (Verkaufsstart: November 2006)

Verkaufsstart = launch date
It also says that the sales are till July 2007 and in Japan till August 2007 (so sales of August outside of Japan aren't included here).

Still seems pretty low overall, doesn't it? Can anybody confirm the stuff that gamefront wrote? Japanese Gaffers ftw :D

Hope it isn't old, I did a search.

http://www.nikkei.co.jp/kansai/news/news002915.html

pswii60

Seems very low all around. I would think that both 360 and Wii are over 10m sold by now. Probably PS3 over 4m too.

donny2112

Google_translation said:
When entering blurring in of the investigation company (Tokyo Chiyoda), the sale quantity in the Japanese-American Europe which the United States NPD and Germany GfK collected respectively is summed up, as for Wii from 2006 November sale 7 ends of the month (as for Japan 8 ends of the month) to with sum total 9,020,000 unit. November of 05 as for Xbox360 of sale 8,800,000. November of 06 “play station 3 (PS3)” of SONY [konpiyutaentateinmento] of sale 3,700,000.

In short, it reads like they are using Germany = Europe for their numbers. The numbers don't add up, if that's the case, though. :-/

StevieP

Banned
It seems that they're fairly accurate minus the european numbers. Aren't the 360 and the Wii nearing 11 mill by now? (With the Wii being ahead, obviously)

ITA84

These numbers are a little bit unfair to the Xbox, since they include an extra month of sales in Japan. Still, it's just a matter of weeks, so I guess it's safe to call Wii the market leader right now.

kottila

ITA84 said:
These numbers are a little bit unfair to the Xbox, since they include an extra month of sales in Japan. Still, it's just a matter of weeks, so I guess it's safe to call Wii the market leader right now.

Why? Wii is outselling the 360 in every region, so the lead would only be greater if they included those numbers (that they don't have)

ITA84

kottila said:
Why? Wii is outselling the 360 in every region, so the lead would only be greater if they included those numbers (that they don't have)

I meant if they didn't include August numbers for Japan; we don't have August numbers for America and Europe yet.

Top Bottom