• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nikkei: Kojima left Konami today, starting new studio, [Update: Read OP Translation]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicer

Banned
Need better source, we know he's leaving the SCE part seems a bit dreamy, not saying it won't happen but not this quickly...

Edit: meant Lifeflow, but article is there, stop quoting me, but my point still stands.

SCE seems like a logical pick. Most of his fame and fortune was made on PS consoles. Plus, of the three platform manufacturers, Sony is the most.... permissive if Kojima wants to make a cinematic David Cage-esque title.

Gxgear

Natural choice to at least talk with SCE. Pretty much the only company that would be able to allow Kojima the creative freedom he needs.

Not even surprised.
Kojima has had a strong relationship with SCE for a long time and I can see WW Studios deciding he's someone worth investing studio support in.

Sony will give him a lot of freedom, if true.

And just when Sony was getting out of that financial rut they were in. Oh well, I just hope they know what kind of money sink they're investing in with Kojima. Dude is going to waste so much of their funds.

zsynqx

What about that bullshit that Funhaus/Rooster teeth was spewing about Silent Hills being 80% done and Microsoft buying it for billions.

Have they actually brought that up again since they made that claim?

Trace

Banned
Can someone explain what this site exactly is and why it's reliable?

From wikipedia:

The Nikkei, formally known as The Nihon Keizai Shimbun (日本経済新聞?, literally Japan Economic Newspaper), is Nikkei Inc.'s flagship publication and the world's largest financial newspaper, with a daily circulation exceeding three million.

Jumping Chief

Neo Member
The Kojima sweepstakes seems to be going to Sony.

Edit: Assuming he isn't testing the field and is in talks with other companies.

Edit: Kojima wins the Kojima sweepstakes.

oti

Banned
Of course he'd be in talks with SCE. Shouldn't he be in talks with MS, GungHo, Nintendo (lol) and others as well?

Piccoro

Imagine if kojima made binary domain 2 for sega

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

And in talks with SCE, huh?... I can't wait for 2016...

I just wonder of Kojima will get back into super big AAA games with 4 year dev cycles or will he go smaller and more "big indie"

PT was amazing and reminded so much of classic mind fuck Kojima. Would love if Kojima and company would take that creativity and put it into a $20 game.

charsace

Sony, Nintendo, MS are the worst places he can go because we won't see his games on PC. I would rather he go to a third party with money to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom