• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nikkei: Kojima left Konami today, starting new studio, [Update: Read OP Translation]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Sony has always had a good relationship with Kojima...hopefully if they do end up partnering, Sony respects him more than Konami did.

Worst possible situation for consumers. If it's not PS4/XBONE/PC it's no good.

I dunno. I think going multiplatform removed a lot of the "kojima weirdness" from MGSV.

I missed the out of the box uses for random system features that we saw in MGS1 to 4.

joseph

Banned
nh7n8vS.gif

Mikey Jr.

Hmm, I wonder if this would be a revival of pt.

I personally hope not because I hate horror games, but i know a lot of people would be ecstatic.

I would think to not being able to make games at all would be the worst possible situation for consumers. Then not having the freedom to make the game he would want to make.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm actually really surprised Kojima isn't taking a year off or so. Dude totally deserves it.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

I would've wanted him to go to anything but nintendo/microsoft/sony for this reason.

But from now on expect every Kojima threads to be insufferable because of Sony fanboys.

Hexa

Yiiiiiissssssss. Yoshida-san, do whatever you need to do. Get this man.

Fake Edit: lol. It auto corrected Yoshida to Yoshida-san.

Mifec

I would think to not being able to make games at all would be the worst possible situation for consumers. Then not having the freedom to make the game he would want to make.

He was always gonna be able to make games though, whether as a free agent like Platinum or hired by another studio. So him not making games ever again was never an option.

On Demand

Banned
Sony, Nintendo, MS are the worst places he can go because we won't see his games on PC. I would rather he go to a third party with money to spend.

Sony has been fine with PC releases lately. This could just be an exclusive 3 game deal with PC as the other choice.

Shibalan

SCE would be a good place for small/medium projects and a lot of freedom. Definitely a good place for Kojima. And his games resonate more with playstation fans for obvious reasons.

As a Ps4 owner, I would be thrilled.

But it reeeaaaaally sucks for Xbone One owners if true.

Defuser

Come on Guillermo del Toro, now its a perfect chance to pair up with Kojima and SCE to develop a spiritual successor to PT.

7threst

Good for Kojima!

Also, did something happened recently people not trusting Nikkei? I had the impression they're extremely reliable.

Shenmue

Banned
This was what I (and a lot of people on GAF) were predicting. It's really the only company that makes sense.

Sony better hustle on selling them insurance policies to fund Kojima's ambitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom