• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nikkei: Kojima left Konami today, starting new studio, [Update: Read OP Translation]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke_Wal

YoizVMd.png

According to this guy, this is all a poor translation. Granted, he works for a website that's so disreputable it's banned from Gaf, but that might not matter as far as his translation skills go.

entremet

They also have studios that are hiring, which is also public knowledge. But that fact will get ignored, since it doesn't fit the narrative you're interested in pushing. And if you're such a fan of the conservative approach, maybe you should stop jumping to conclusions because talking to someone doesn't mean you're going to buy the studio they haven't even set up yet.

Not a narrative just my thoughts on the subject.

You're just contesting it because it doesn't fit your thoughts on it.

This is a discussion forum, where multiple viewpoints and predictions are welcome.

Moreover, if you read my later post, I'd rather him go 1st party Sony if possible since 1st party studios generally have more creative freedom.

VinFTW

I'm so confused.

One guy is saying he's in final negotiations with Sony, other guy is saying that's nothing close to what was stated? That it's just planning to be released on sonys console?

Any other credible sources yet?

Dawg

Yeah I'm trying to find someone who speaks Japanese to give a word for word translation.

Abriael does to my knowledge (he runs DualShockers unless I'm forgetting something), but I'm trying to check with a couple of our resident Japanese speaking mods as well, but they're all away at the moment.

Junker has done many correct translations in the past, though. He's done translations for most MGS news.

Mael

The engine is irrelevant at this point. UE4 is makes too much sense for anyone to develop their own engine which takes years to do. You really think that's the first thing Kojima would want to do after being apart of the FOX engine development since '08?

The point is that some people don't want him being tied to 1 platform BECAUSE of how well MGSV ran on xbone/PC.
But that's irrelevant because it's that way thanks to a soon-to-be janitor team on Konami spa #75 not Kojima.
If Kojima makes a new game that is multi platform or not, we can't infer anything on the performance of his new game based on the old ones because he's not going to use the same tools anyway.

Nzyme32

Really annoying to see this article being mistranslated as Kojima joining Sony or forming a studio under Sony's umbrella or whatever.

The article flat out says that he is forming a new company with people he worked with from his Konami days. It also says that the all new game he will be working on will likely be released for Sony's PlayStation and that they are in final negotiations to have the game release *first* (but not exclusive) on Sony's platform.

It would be nice to see Kojima in a multiplatform effort again, specifically for the grandiose size, scale and scope that can bring vs a lock to a single platform that would compromise that

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Regardless if where he goes, the idea of him collaborating with Del Toro and Ito again, to recreate the original P.T. vision under a different name has me feeling giddy.

As an Xbox One owner, I'd be disappointed to see Kojima unable to make games for my platform of choice.

However, there is no getting away from the fact they are a near perfect match for so many reasons.

Hopefully whatever happens, great games are made.

Xater

Yeah I'm trying to find someone who speaks Japanese to give a word for word translation.

Abriael does to my knowledge (he runs DualShockers unless I'm forgetting something), but I'm trying to check with a couple of our resident Japanese speaking mods as well, but they're all away at the moment.

Please do.

Alright, this news is back in limbo for me until we have a confirmation which translation is right.

Tom Nook

GOD DAMN!!!!

I only left the internet for an hour imagining what the Smash Direct would be like then THIS!!!!!!

Happy+008.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom