• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nikkei: Kojima left Konami today, starting new studio, [Update: Read OP Translation]

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015-12-1519_23_16-juynj3i.png

A PC version afterall, cool.

system11

I wonder if they are going to throw him onto Playstation VR. If I was Sony, he is the exact person I would want to make a game for VR. He'd come up with some really unique off the wall ideas for the tech

At first I threw up, and then I started crying when I read this.

Please no, give him some proper games to work on. I think what a lot of people want is Silent Hills (if not in actual name). Del Toro still wanted it to happen, it was just Konami...

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
So PS hardware and not PS4 specifically? I wonder if this will be planned for next gen. It does take him a long time to make games.

Aroll

Remember, in talks doesn't mean he's signed. It's no surprise the moment he is available that Sony is contacting him, but I am sure all the top gaming companies in Japan (and maybe outside japan) are throwing offers at him. At least the successful ones (because Kojima likes to operate with big budgets and only a handful of companies can give him that freedom).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Now begins the waiting game on how Konami will support the Phantom Pain PC going forward.

Knowing them, they won't. And they'll quietly cancel MGO.

Dreez

I could see maybe they'll help upstart KojiPro for a few exclusives... But I don't see Sony opening up dat long term checkbook for Kojima. They're pretty conservative and Kojima's games shown anything but.

what I say xD minus the timed part

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Japanese so hard for the Internet sometimes? Here's a quick translation that tries to stay as faithful to the original text as possible:

ゲームソフト「メタルギア」シリーズで知られる著名ゲームクリエーターの小島秀夫氏が、15日付でコナミデジタルエンタテインメントを退社した。新会社を設立してゲーム制作を続け、ソニー・コンピュータエンタテインメント(SCE)のゲーム機「プレイステーション(PS)」向けなどで販売するとみられる。

Kojima Hideo, a famous video game creator known for the Metal Gear series has left Konami Digital Entertainment as of December 15th. He will form a new company where he will continue developing video games, with plans to release on platforms such as Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE)'s PlayStation.

コナミ時代の部下と新会社を設立する。代表作「メタルギア」シリーズの版権はコナミ側に残るため、新作の開発に着手する。最新作についてはSCEと最終交渉しており、PS向けに優先販売するとみられる。

He is forming the new company with people who worked under him at Konami. The rights to the Metal Gear series, for which he is most known, remain at Konami, so he will begin working on an all new title. Final negotiations with SCE are underway for this new game to debut on PlayStation.

小島氏は「マリオ」で知られる任天堂の宮本茂氏と並ぶ世界的なゲーム開発者。緻密なストーリー作りや映画の手法も取り入れた映像表現で評価が高い。今年9月に発売したゲームソフト「メタルギアソリッド5」は世界で500万本を超える大ヒットを記録した。

Kojima is a world famous video game developer on the same level as Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Mario. He is highly praised for his elaborate stories and use of movie techniques to create impressive visual imagery. Metal Gear Solid V was released this September and became a massive hit, selling over 5 million copies around the world.

Trojan

According to this guy, this is all a poor translation. Granted, he works for a website that's so disreputable it's banned from Gaf, but that might not matter as far as his translation skills go.

Junker has done many correct translations in the past, though. He's done translations for most MGS news.

If DualShockers guy has the translation wrong, the site will be put on double-secret probation.

vpance

Only negotiating to release on PS first already? So he wants to stay independent then? What about the funds. Dammit.

derExperte

Would be good for a lot of people's mental health, MGS going multiplatform again was too much to handle. Other than that not so much.

fakeedit: Oh, PS first. Okay then.

I wonder where the funding will be coming from if not Sony then. Should we expect a kickstarter soon? I'd hate to see him go down that route, because he'd never be able to make a game on the scale of MGS through that. Unless Sony helps with that like they did with Shenmue.

Nameless

Holy fucking shit. Yes please. This makes too much sense not to happen. Best possible scenario for all parties involved

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why is Japanese so hard for the Internet sometimes? Here's a quick translation that tries to stay as faithful to the original text as possible:

ゲームソフト「メタルギア」シリーズで知られる著名ゲームクリエーターの小島秀夫氏が、15日付でコナミデジタルエンタテインメントを退社した。新会社を設立してゲーム制作を続け、ソニー・コンピュータエンタテインメント(SCE)のゲーム機「プレイステーション(PS)」向けなどで販売するとみられる。

Kojima Hideo, a famous video game creator known for the Metal Gear series has left Konami Digital Entertainment as of December 15th. He will form a new company where he will continue developing video games, with plans to release on platforms such as Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE)'s PlayStation.

コナミ時代の部下と新会社を設立する。代表作「メタルギア」シリーズの版権はコナミ側に残るため、新作の開発に着手する。最新作についてはSCEと最終交渉しており、PS向けに優先販売するとみられる。

He is forming the new company with people who worked under him at Konami. The rights to the Metal Gear series, for which he is most known, remain at Konami, so he will begin working on an all new title. Final negotiations with SCE are underway for this new game to debut on PlayStation.

小島氏は「マリオ」で知られる任天堂の宮本茂氏と並ぶ世界的なゲーム開発者。緻密なストーリー作りや映画の手法も取り入れた映像表現で評価が高い。今年9月に発売したゲームソフト「メタルギアソリッド5」は世界で500万本を超える大ヒットを記録した。

Kojima is a world famous video game developer on the same level as Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Mario. He is highly praised for his elaborate stories and use of movie techniques to create impressive visual imagery. Metal Gear Solid V was released this September and became a massive hit, selling over 5 million copies around the world.

Thank you.

Axass

Thank you, somebody put this in the OP.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom