• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nin-Network Acct locked to system it was made on [Upd: Customer Service can't help]

Lime

th_fail_gifdump_06cfyp8.gif

Horse: Nintendo
Woman: Wii-U owner
Horseshit: NNID system

Tigel

It's like Nintendo is living in its own bubble or something, unaware of what's going on in the outside world.

Ydahs

Wait, so the only way we can transfer is by calling Nintendo? Hope that's just a temporary solution.

It seems they got it right with it being tied to an account, but very wrong with how it's handled. The good news is that they have the system in place to rectify this.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Wait, so the only way we can transfer is by calling Nintendo? Hope that's just a temporary solution.

It seems they got it right with it being tied to an account, but very wrong with how it's handled. The good news is that they have the system in place to rectify this.
Having it tied to an account seems pointless when it's locked to the machine it's created on anyway - in fact it seems 'account' simply means 'a username instead of a number' and not much more. It's embarrassing that this is what they have to offer, going into a new generation of gaming consoles - they've been surpassed by their competitors in nearly every way.

Rezbit

Yeah it's shitty for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they change it when they update the ID to work on PC/Smartphone/3DS. If they don't well that's fucking stupid.

Ydahs

Having it tied to an account seems pointless when it's locked to the machine it's created on anyway - in fact it seems 'account' simply means 'a username instead of a number' and not much more. It's embarrassing that this is what they have to offer, going into a new generation of gaming consoles - they've been surpassed by their competitors in nearly every way.

No, purchases are tied to an actual user account since you can eventually purchase eShop games from PCs and mobiles. But it seems that the account can only be activated on one console at a time.

It just needs an actual transfer process that doesn't involve another person to do it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeaaah, this is stupid. But not really unexpected. I knew better than to get my hopes up when they started talking about accounts.

No, purchases are tied to an actual user account since you can eventually purchase eShop games from PCs and mobiles. But it seems that the account can only be activated on one console at a time.

It just needs an actual transfer process that doesn't involve another person to do it.

Sure about that? Has it been confirmed? It could just be that you can access the Miiverse stuff on your PC.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual

Ah, yeah it would be nice if the transfer process wasn't so convoluted.

Hoping they will update this as they go - they seem to be embracing the update thing a lot better, these days. Gonna wait til the bugs are ironed out.

On the Giant Bomb stream, they also pointed out that game saves aren't restricted to the signed-in account, so Nintendo Land's single save and NSMBU's three saves are all you get on the console, even if you have the full twelve users. It seems like the only point to the account is to give each person their own friend list.

WaterChroma

Neo Member
The best thing we can do is go and ask about how to transfer our account to another Nintendo WiiU if something happens to the first one etc. Maybe it's already in the account settings options?

Lets not panic guys, bad things happen when we panic.

Ydahs

On the Giant Bomb stream, they also pointed out that game saves aren't restricted to the signed-in account, so Nintendo Land's single save and NSMBU's three saves are all you get on the console, even if you have the full twelve users. It seems like the only point to the account is to give each person their own friend list.
Yeah, that information appeared on the back of the Japanese boxes, though it's a game-by-game basis. Nintendo, for some odd reason, decided to share saves across multiple accounts. It's certainly capable of having account specific saves.

Yeaaah, this is stupid. But not really unexpected. I knew better than to get my hopes up when they started talking about accounts.

Sure about that? Has it been confirmed? It could just be that you can access the Miiverse stuff on your PC.

Nintendo announced last year that the 3DS eshop was eventually going to hit mobiles and PCs. They also announced that it'll eventually get Nintendo Network on it too so I guess that'll all go live once the 3DS has been updated.

WaterChroma

Neo Member

I thought one of the points of the profile system was that people could have their own save files stored separately from others? Maybe their is an option for that?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Every day that passes since the 360 came out I am reminded how fucking insanely smart and awesome the people who designed the 360 features were. Smart and forward thinking design on everything from the front to back end. I hope those people are still at Microsoft.

J. Allard left forever ago. :(

Javier

I think it was in one of the Investor's meetings, but I recall them specifically mentioning "You will be able to buy a game on your PC and it will start downloading in your system."

At the very least, we should be getting a PC version of the eShop.

EDIT: Aha, found it.

We would like to solve this issue by making the Nintendo eShop accessible via PCs and smartphones as well. At the beginning, you will not be able to directly purchase software from your PC or smartphone. Instead, you will need to take a photo of a QR code at the Nintendo eShop by using the camera of your Nintendo 3DS. The Nintendo 3DS will then open that specific page of the Nintendo eShop. That function is already included in the upcoming system update for the Nintendo 3DS. In the future, we will make it so that you will be able to purchase software by using your PC or smartphone,

Huff

Banned

this is so moronic i don't understand

is this patchable?

Shahed

Wait save files aren't account specific? I mean this account things has already made me opt out of the deluxe version and go for the standard since since the digital discount is now a waste of time.

But I have to share save files with other users? That's just gonna be annoying. First of all Nintendo for some reason always likes limiting you to one master save, or to three slots. If that's the case again on Wii U, then I can't play the same game at the same time as anyone else. I remember how painful it was waiting for my brother to finish Xenoblade before I could start it. What about games that Autosave? We also now need to worry about overwriting another user's save file by mistake. I just don't understand what they were thinking.

If this is how they were planning on doing accounts, than they should never have bothered. Because it's utter tripe in it's current form and a complete waste of time. I feel ashamed for feeling relief when they announced accounts a while ago.

Disgusting

I was hoping the Wii U would mark the beginning of Nintendo moving into the modern era but I guess not. It sucks that I have two 3DS's in my house (mine and my daughter) but we can't share an account and downloads.

Hobby

I feel like, or at least hope, that this might be something that's addressed once Miiverse is up and running across numerous devices sometime next year.

seady

So Iwata and Reggie only check their email on their one and only laptop in their office. Once they are outside or on trip, they either can't check or don't bother.

"We can't compete with PSN and Xbox Live"

Of course, Mr. Iwata. Just look at what you did it! Are you seriously saying this is the best Nintendo can do online-wise and you can't compete with Sony and Microsoft??????

C'mon, man, Iwata is the biggest Nintendo troll of all time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"This Nintendo Network ID has already been linked to another Wii U console."

Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot... yadda yadda yadda... dunno how much you know about online services (I am an expert)... yadda yadda yadda... one screen name on the service and able to login to the service from anywhere is HUGE. What this means is that Nintendo has just alienated the "core"/online gamers. Laugh all you want, yadda yadda yadda. Nintendo publicly cancel the Nintendo Network or kiss your console goodbye?

WaterChroma said:
The best thing we can do is go and ask about how to transfer our account to another Nintendo WiiU if something happens to the first one etc.

If you're house-sitting/on vacation and want to login to a friends console and access your cloud-saves (if that's even possible on Nintendo consoles. heh.) there is no such ability for Nitnendo's network. How is that okay? This shouldn't even be a "ask" thing, this should be common sense you know?

Seance

Banned
Nintendo is really struggling with it's introduction to the internet (Doesn't help that WiiU is rushed to market). They've thrown themselves in the deep end too late. MS has been swimming for years and even Sony is treading water fine these days.
Nintendo will likely drown.

Top Bottom