Nine in ten European Jews feel mounting antisemitism, study finds

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Nine in ten European Jews feel mounting antisemitism, study finds

Antisemitism pervades the public sphere inside the European Union, antisemitic incidents are on the rise, and Jews fear antisemitic hate speech, harassment and even being recognized as Jewish a new EU report published on Monday concluded.

Some 89% of respondents believe that antisemitism has increased over the past five years in the country they live in, while 88% said that antisemitism online has increased over the past five years and 89% said that it was a problem in their country.

The study, conducted across 12 EU Member States and surveying almost 16,500 individuals, found that more than one quarter (28%) of respondents experienced a form of antisemitic harassment at least once in the 12 months preceding the survey, and over one third (39 %) did so in the five years before the survey.

Another 3% of respondents said they had personally experienced a physical attack because they are Jewish in the five years before the survey, and 2% said they had experienced a physical antisemitic attack over the last 12 months before the survey.

In addition, 76% of respondents had heard or read a comment that Jews have too much power in their country; 59% had experienced comments that the interests of Jews in their country were different from rest of the population; and 72% that Jews bring antisemitism upon themselves.

Of the respondents who said they had experienced antisemitic verbal or physical attacks, some 30% of them identified “Muslims with extremist views” as the perpetrators, the highest category of identifiable perpetrators.

Another 21% of respondents said people with left-wing political views committed the offense, and 13% said their incident came from someone with right-wing political views.

According to the report, 20% of respondents in Germany said that they thought the antisemitic incident they had experienced was committed by someone with right-wing views.

Despite this perception, the German Federal Government Commissioner for Jewish Life in Germany and the Fight against Anti-Semitism has stated that over 90% of antisemitic crimes in Germany in 2017 were perpetrated by far-right individuals.

hargwood

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Always the victim. A millennia of removal from nations and empires and they never reflect on why.

dragonfart28

Gab Ambassador
Jun 12, 2009
Does not work

Offenders
30% Muslim
21% Left Wing
Working colleagues 15%
associate's 15%
right Wing 13%
That's what I thought.

Looks like they're pretty much irrelevant compared to far right anti-semitism then.

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
Not exactly a shock "hurr lets large scale import a ideology with a antisemitism problem" what a bunch of fuck ups the left have been over the last decade in europe.

Last edited:

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
That's what I thought.

Looks like they're pretty much irrelevant compared to far right anti-semitism then.
No?

Right wing extremism against Jewish people is pretty low and almost no one is afraid of them. Muslims an Left wing extremists like Antifa are the offenders and the reason why 3 out of 4 jewish people do not visit certain places anymore or wear their kippa in Public

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Out of curiosity, why do you think they have a history of "millennia of removal from nations and empires"?
Diecide. Christians and Muslims like to blame Jews for killing the prophets.

We used to live in a world ruled by religion where what your priest/imam said was law.

As time grew on, blaming Jews for killing prophets/god eventually flowed into blaming jews for other things. If your new religion was communism then Jews were to be blamed as the capitalist bourgeoisie/bankers. If you are a staunch capatilist well then Jews are all marxist communists.

Since Jews also tend to stay to themselves and perserve their cultures and are a small group not many people actually know Jews so they will quickly believe tall tales. Lets rememeber social media, twitter, interent didnt' exsist for most of the last 2000 years. So if someone said those Jews are poisoning the wells or making matzos with goyim blood, why wouldn't you believe Paul the blacksmith, or Steve the clergyman? You have no way to prove it since the only Jews live in some shetel a few 100 miles away.

Germany wanted to kill their Jews because they weren't "White". Today blacks/arabs/leftist accuse Jews of Israel of being white supremists. You can make Jews whatever enemy you want. Globalist destroying borders, to right wing racist Nazi's, to pinko commies, to international bankers. And of course the ultimate trick against your opponent, accuse him of being a Jew. You will find many Nazi's and Arab/Muslims accusing their opponents of being Jews and mischaracterizing people of being Jewish. I mean I see Nazi's say Murdoch is Jewish all the time to prove a point about Jewish owned media.

But basically it comes down to Jews killed prophets so they are evil, and then that relegious evil just manifested itself into other ideologies and Jews became the perfect scapegoat to always blame since they always have that sin of being god killers.

luigimario

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Diecide. Christians and Muslims like to blame Jews for killing the prophets.

We used to live in a world ruled by religion where what your priest/imam said was law.

As time grew on, blaming Jews for killing prophets/god eventually flowed into blaming jews for other things. If your new religion was communism then Jews were to be blamed as the capitalist bourgeoisie/bankers. If you are a staunch capatilist well then Jews are all marxist communists.

Since Jews also tend to stay to themselves and perserve their cultures and are a small group not many people actually know Jews so they will quickly believe tall tales. Lets rememeber social media, twitter, interent didnt' exsist for most of the last 2000 years. So if someone said those Jews are poisoning the wells or making matzos with goyim blood, why wouldn't you believe Paul the blacksmith, or Steve the clergyman? You have no way to prove it since the only Jews live in some shetel a few 100 miles away.

Germany wanted to kill their Jews because they weren't "White". Today blacks/arabs/leftist accuse Jews of Israel of being white supremists. You can make Jews whatever enemy you want. Globalist destroying borders, to right wing racist Nazi's, to pinko commies, to international bankers. And of course the ultimate trick against your opponent, accuse him of being a Jew. You will find many Nazi's and Arab/Muslims accusing their opponents of being Jews and mischaracterizing people of being Jewish. I mean I see Nazi's say Murdoch is Jewish all the time to prove a point about Jewish owned media.

But basically it comes down to Jews killed prophets so they are evil, and then that relegious evil just manifested itself into other ideologies and Jews became the perfect scapegoat to always blame since they always have that sin of being god killers.
As a person of the Jewish faith Crypto, and as far as I'm aware the only person of Jewish faith on the board, have you had any anti-semitism directed towards you? If so, have you noticed an increase lately? Has it stayed the same? Got better?

Sqorin Hammerfarf

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2018
I've noticed a stark increase in anti-Zionism online, as Israel has been doing a lot of terrible things recently and anybody criticizing them has been smacked down hard by our social media overlords. I think a lot of people are really starting to question Israel's control over the US government and what their involvement might be in getting us stuck in the quagmire that is the wars in the middle east.

But I don't think I've seen a rise in antisemitism. Most of the complaints I've seen have strictly been about Israel as a country and its influence, and not about the Jewish faith or Jewish people in general. Nobody is accusing Jon Stewart of secretly running the world. In fact, even in the conspiracy groups I hang out with, where they literally believe in a Jewish cabal secretly running the world and using immigration to dilute and destroy non-Jewish populations, they make the distinction that these Jews are not real Jews, but a sect of Satan worshippers posing as Jews (there's a name for it, but I can never remember it)

For instance:

"In addition, 76% of respondents had heard or read a comment that Jews have too much power in their country; 59% had experienced comments that the interests of Jews in their country were different from rest of the population; and 72% that Jews bring antisemitism upon themselves."

Is that a criticism of Israel as a country or a criticism of Judaism? Are they conflating the two to silence legitimate criticism?

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
As a person of the Jewish faith Crypto, and as far as I'm aware the only person of Jewish faith on the board, have you had any anti-semitism directed towards you? If so, have you noticed an increase lately? Has it stayed the same? Got better?
TBH in all my life not really outside of a few jokes here and there (pick up the penny etc...). Nor have many in my family or friends ever really excperienced it. But strangely enough I haven't seen much racisim against blacks or islamaphobia against Muslims. So personally maybe I am just lucky that in the area I live in I haven't seen a lot of overt racisim. I am not discouting it happens but in my day to day life and dealings with people its not something I come across a lot. Especially in comparison to what I see in the states where there seems to be issues of racisim around every corner.

I think in Europe it has gotten worse, but Europe always had an undertone of anti-semitism. Just because the holocaust happened doesn't mean poof all of a sudden Europes history disapeares.

I don't think I am the only Jew on here, but reminds me of

The lonely Jew on GAF LOL :)

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
I'm a Jew as well and have faced plenty of antisemitism in my life. People drawing swastikas to provoke me, cheap jokes, concentration camp and genocide jokes, a skinhead telling me that I think I'm better than him, a boy in high school nearly slamming a door on my hand because I killed Jesus. Even people who claimed to be my friends would say these things and expect me to accept it because it's a simple truth about Jews. Even minorities who I thought would sympathize did this. I would never put up with it, causing constant tension. I disowned them too late in life.

Antisemitism is a cultural virus that is embedded into the fabric of the West, Middle-East, and wherever the West has colonized / globalized. We survive and that is a problem for many.

As a child of around 4 and under while I still lived in Israel, I had stones thrown at me by the local Arab kids.

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
I've noticed a stark increase in anti-Zionism online, as Israel has been doing a lot of terrible things recently and anybody criticizing them has been smacked down hard by our social media overlords. I think a lot of people are really starting to question Israel's control over the US government and what their involvement might be in getting us stuck in the quagmire that is the wars in the middle east.

But I don't think I've seen a rise in antisemitism. Most of the complaints I've seen have strictly been about Israel as a country and its influence, and not about the Jewish faith or Jewish people in general. Nobody is accusing Jon Stewart of secretly running the world. In fact, even in the conspiracy groups I hang out with, where they literally believe in a Jewish cabal secretly running the world and using immigration to dilute and destroy non-Jewish populations, they make the distinction that these Jews are not real Jews, but a sect of Satan worshippers posing as Jews (there's a name for it, but I can never remember it)

For instance:

"In addition, 76% of respondents had heard or read a comment that Jews have too much power in their country; 59% had experienced comments that the interests of Jews in their country were different from rest of the population; and 72% that Jews bring antisemitism upon themselves."

Is that a criticism of Israel as a country or a criticism of Judaism? Are they conflating the two to silence legitimate criticism?
It is the same bullshit excuse Hitler used pre WW2. Jewish people had to much money they were mostly ranked in high positions regarding wealth like banks for example

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

For instance:

What people don't get is that before Israel Jews were always held to double standards or signalled out. Now with the ONE AND ONLY Jewish state it gets those same double standards and being signalled out. So to someone who is Jewish we can see through the dog whistles etc... Israel has become the Jew amongst nations where double standards and old canards are repackaged as anti-zionisim. So you will see people come out and say things like Israel poisions wells, or steals organs, or controls the world/USA/UN/Media, which was all BS that was said about Jews.

You can say negative shit about Israel. Plenty of Jews and Israeli's do. Israel is a parliamentary democracy, that means there are many parties and even an opposition that will not agree with Bibi and Likud or the other more right parties. You have groups like JVP or Btslem made up of Jews that are critical of Israel.

But as a Jew when you see double standards or anti-semetic tropes being dressed up as anti-zionisim its like we aren't stupid we can read between the lines. I also believe that anti-zionist/israel people may not be antisemetic in their own right, but they will dabble in antisemetic arguments and run with antisemetic groups because a lot of hatred of Israel is around the fact that its a Jewish state (not all of it). Good example is Corbyn who was part of a pro-palestinian facebook group. The group was full of antisemetic rants and garbage. Was everyone a jew hater on there? Probably not but how many of them will take what the Jew haters say and run with it, or use the same arguments. In Germany you had a pastor who supported BDS talking at a right wing Nazi rally.

NahaNago

Aug 29, 2014
I can't say I'm surprised. It feels like I hear or read about some antisemitic comments a lot more online these days.

Sqorin Hammerfarf

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2018
It is the same bullshit excuse Hitler used pre WW2. Jewish people had to much money they were mostly ranked in high positions regarding wealth like banks for example
I'm not sure what part of my post you are responding to? The distinction between Zionism and Judaism? Or the Satanist Jews running the world from George Soros' basement thing? I don't believe the latter at all, and only brought it up to point out that even people who believe that kind of thing aren't necessarily being antisemitic.

Frankly, I don't have an opinion on this. It's beyond my paygrade. I've known Jewish people (many actually). I've done stuff like attending Bar Mitzvahs and once I went to a Temple while a friend recited some large passage they had memorized. I can't say I really followed any of it, but I've never considered them anything less than friends and comrades. However, I do think Israel is responsible for some abhorrent things as a nation and a political power and think they should be called out for it without it being confused as antisemitism.

Sqorin Hammerfarf

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2018
What people don't get is that before Israel Jews were always held to double standards or signalled out. Now with the ONE AND ONLY Jewish state it gets those same double standards and being signalled out. So to someone who is Jewish we can see through the dog whistles etc... Israel has become the Jew amongst nations where double standards and old canards are repackaged as anti-zionisim. So you will see people come out and say things like Israel poisions wells, or steals organs, or controls the world/USA/UN/Media, which was all BS that was said about Jews.
Are you suggesting that Israeli border guards aren't shooting unarmed children protestors? You think that is made up? The videos are very convincing fakes then. The Gaza strip is a shit show, and Israel is responsible for (and admits to) committing some rather staggering human rights violations, and for some reason, the US and UN have been astoundingly quiet on the matter.

But as a Jew when you see double standards or anti-semetic tropes being dressed up as anti-zionisim its like we aren't stupid we can read between the lines.
Sometimes, when you are reading between the lines, you see what you want to see, not necessarily what's there.

I also believe that anti-zionist/israel people may not be antisemetic in their own right, but they will dabble in antisemetic arguments and run with antisemetic groups because a lot of hatred of Israel is around the fact that its a Jewish state (not all of it). Good example is Corbyn who was part of a pro-palestinian facebook group. The group was full of antisemetic rants and garbage. Was everyone a jew hater on there? Probably not but how many of them will take what the Jew haters say and run with it, or use the same arguments. In Germany you had a pastor who supported BDS talking at a right wing Nazi rally.
Guilt by association has never been a particularly convincing argument to me.

luigimario

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
TBH in all my life not really outside of a few jokes here and there (pick up the penny etc...). Nor have many in my family or friends ever really excperienced it. But strangely enough I haven't seen much racisim against blacks or islamaphobia against Muslims. So personally maybe I am just lucky that in the area I live in I haven't seen a lot of overt racisim. I am not discouting it happens but in my day to day life and dealings with people its not something I come across a lot. Especially in comparison to what I see in the states where there seems to be issues of racisim around every corner.

I think in Europe it has gotten worse, but Europe always had an undertone of anti-semitism. Just because the holocaust happened doesn't mean poof all of a sudden Europes history disapeares.

I don't think I am the only Jew on here, but reminds me of

The lonely Jew on GAF LOL :)
That's good to hear man. I work with a number of Jewish doctors, and they always tell me that they notice a spike of anti-semitism whenever there is another conflict between Palestine and Israel.
I'm a Jew as well and have faced plenty of antisemitism in my life. People drawing swastikas to provoke me, cheap jokes, concentration camp and genocide jokes, a skinhead telling me that I think I'm better than him, a boy in high school nearly slamming a door on my hand because I killed Jesus. Even people who claimed to be my friends would say these things and expect me to accept it because it's a simple truth about Jews. Even minorities who I thought would sympathize did this. I would never put up with it, causing constant tension. I disowned them too late in life.

Antisemitism is a cultural virus that is embedded into the fabric of the West, Middle-East, and wherever the West has colonized / globalized. We survive and that is a problem for many.

As a child of around 4 and under while I still lived in Israel, I had stones thrown at me by the local Arab kids.
Hmmm you and Crypto have had very different experiences? Where did you live that people blamed you for the death of Jesus? I had no idea people still believed that? How do you even respond to such insanity?

As an Israeli Jew, what do you think is the best solution for peace between the two sides? Two states? One state? Can there be peace?

Gander

Banned
May 17, 2018
I keep hearing these random conversations with what if scenarios about what if the Nazi had won and what Hitler was right about. These are similar conversations to people in the south about the Civil War.

Conclusion: Hateful people cant deal with losing and need to continue to talk about it.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I keep hearing these random conversations with what if scenarios about what if the Nazi had won and what Hitler was right about. These are similar conversations to people in the south about the Civil War.

Conclusion: Hateful people can [sic] deal with losing and need to continue to talk about it.
You mean like the whole fake news script followed by the Russia investigation baloney?

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Are you suggesting that Israeli border guards aren't shooting unarmed children protestors? You think that is made up? The videos are very convincing fakes then. The Gaza strip is a shit show, and Israel is responsible for (and admits to) committing some rather staggering human rights violations, and for some reason, the US and UN have been astoundingly quiet on the matter.
not suggesting that. But also the situation in the "protest" is more nuanced and anti-semetic people would be more than happy to believe evil jews are killing children wantonly. I won't go into the debate now, but these protest are more than just innocent with Molotovs, bombs, guns, IEDS, and being funded by Hamas. Same with Gaza, where most of the issues are due to Hamas being incompetent and spending all their money on tunnels and rockets, and Abbas laying siege to Gaza cutting salaries and trying to squeeze Hamas and refusing to any reconcilation attempts made through Egypt. I mean Abbas was pressuring Israel to NOT ALLOW 15 million dollars to be transfered to the Strip from Qatar.

But yes they have killed protestors who didn't deserve to die. In France right now protestors are getting injured and I think 1 may have died as well. Will the UN hold a moment of silence for the Yellow Vests like they did for the 50 Hamas terrorist that died at the fence?

Israel and Palestinians have done some horrible shit over the last 70 years. War is ugly name me one country that has had to fight a war that has fought one cleanly? You can't.

You can say negative shit about Israel like I said. You don't like Israel's policy in defending its border in Gaza I don't find that antisemetic. Saying Israeli Jews are the only ones who kill people during protest or at borders and they are doing it for the joy or love of killing then that crosses a line.

Sometimes, when you are reading between the lines, you see what you want to see, not necessarily what's there.
and sometimes you see things because you know what they are but others dont because they dont know. I probably wouldn't be great at reading between the lines of someone saying some old anti Muslim BS.

Guilt by association has never been a particularly convincing argument to me.
I don't want to make it sound like they are guilty necesarily, but what I mean is if antisemeties make an argument, then you use that argument even though you aren't a Jew hater, while you have dabbled in anti semetism.

People who hate blacks might say something like blacks rape more white women or some shit like that. You don't hate blacks but read it on your twitter and then all of a sudden someone talks about crime and you pull that one out. You aren't necessarily a racist but you engaged in a racist argument that you learned from a racist.

If you roll around in shit, its hard to get the smell of shit off of you is maybe a better analogy.

Or put it this way, not all anti-zionist/Israel are anti-semetic, but all anti-semeties are anti-zionist/Israel. So again doesn't mean that saying negative shit about Israel=antisemite, but there is a good chance your views/arguments are being influenced or alligned with antisemites.

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018

But I don't think I've seen a rise in antisemitism. Most of the complaints I've seen have strictly been about Israel as a country and its influence, and not about the Jewish faith or Jewish people in general.
Roughly 70% of Jews in Israel believe in the Torah and that they are the chosen people according to this survery. Separating Zionism from what it is to be a Jew is straight up false. The basic idea of "this land is rightfully our inheritance and home" is widespread among Jews. If someone hates people with that beliefe, they hate the Jews.

That's good to hear man. I work with a number of Jewish doctors, and they always tell me that they notice a spike of anti-semitism whenever there is another conflict between Palestine and Israel.

Hmmm you and Crypto have had very different experiences? Where did you live that people blamed you for the death of Jesus? I had no idea people still believed that? How do you even respond to such insanity?

As an Israeli Jew, what do you think is the best solution for peace between the two sides? Two states? One state? Can there be peace?
I live in Toronto, Ontario. Plenty of antisemitism everywhere you look, really. Some Jews might be so used to it that they just roll with the punches, but I won't. Also, I don't expect rational thought to go along with antisemitic remarks. It has never made sense. The point is to scapegoat an "other" and feel like you have the moral high ground. You've been wronged and someone is responsible.

As far as a solution to peace in the Middle East goes... To satisfy both the current sides, the Palestinian mentality would have to heavily change. It makes no sense for Israel to give up anything at all as they have little as it is and are too strong for the Palestinians to nudge them. One state with Palestinians proving they are not a danger through a thorough (and humane) program. Then improvements can be made to their current towns, schools, fields, etc and they can actually live to love instead of hate.

That is essentially impossible. From the river to the sea and so on.

I'm heavily biased towards the Jewish side of things though, so if I were sitting at the head of the government, you might hate Israel even more. Though you might also forget about it in 60 years after the dust has long since settled (not talking about genocide if that silly notion pops up again).

Sqorin Hammerfarf

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2018
But yes they have killed protestors who didn't deserve to die.
Children. They have killed children. I believe they've also shot people who were trying to give medical aid to those who have been shot. That's kind of a war crime.

Israel and Palestinians have done some horrible shit over the last 70 years. War is ugly name me one country that has had to fight a war that has fought one cleanly? You can't.
Oh, I'm well aware at how dirty war is. But the difference is, if I point out that Germany committed false flag attacks in order to justify its invasion of Poland, I don't get called a racist and have my social media shut down.

Saying Israeli Jews are the only ones who kill people during protest or at borders and they are doing it for the joy or love of killing then that crosses a line.
First, this isn't a history lesson. This is going on right now. And it should be publicly criticized by any organization or government who pretends to care about human rights. But they don't because Israel, for reasons I've never been able to figure out, has control over world politics in a way that even the US doesn't (and I don't agree with our control either). Is it simply a fear of being labelled as an antisemite?

Second, I saw one video of a kid being shot and the snipers laughing about it, so there's at least a little joy of killing going on.

People who hate blacks might say something like blacks rape more white women or some shit like that. You don't hate blacks but read it on your twitter and then all of a sudden someone talks about crime and you pull that one out. You aren't necessarily a racist but you engaged in a racist argument that you learned from a racist.
Anybody who uncritically repeats something they read on the internet without checking sources first is an idiot, not a racist. And there's a lot of idiots out there.

Roughly 70% of Jews in Israel believe in the Torah and that they are the chosen people according to this survery. Separating Zionism from what it is to be a Jew is straight up false. The basic idea of "this land is rightfully our inheritance and home" is widespread among Jews. If someone hates people with that beliefe, they hate the Jews.
I don't know. It kind sounds like they only hate 70% of them.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Children. They have killed children. I believe they've also shot people who were trying to give medical aid to those who have been shot. That's kind of a war crime.
I don't want to get into it here and I don't condone innocents dying but you also have children throwing molotovs, trying to break through the fence and their are documented cases of Hamas using the children as shields behind the fence or to plant explosives. Its still a tragedy and don't support children being killed. If you don't support their policies I don't think its antisemetic. Now though will you also condemn the Palestninan actions at the fence as well?

Oh, I'm well aware at how dirty war is. But the difference is, if I point out that Germany committed false flag attacks in order to justify its invasion of Poland, I don't get called a racist and have my social media shut down.
I don't get the above?

First, this isn't a history lesson. This is going on right now. And it should be publicly criticized by any organization or government who pretends to care about human rights. But they don't because Israel, for reasons I've never been able to figure out, has control over world politics in a way that even the US doesn't (and I don't agree with our control either). Is it simply a fear of being labelled as an antisemite?
What are you talking about? HRW, Amnesty, CNN, AlJazeera, Guardian etc all go on and on about whats happening. The UN just passed 6 resolutions against Israel like last week, yet not 1 about the million Uighyrs in concentration camps. The entire OIC and most of the Non alligned movement and Latin America is anti-Israel. The UN implemented a 2/3rd majority vote to stop an anti Hamas resoultion, yet 2/3rd majority votes are supposed to be for only really important items.

Saying Israel "controls" world politics is a dog whistle and antisemetic argument. Bibi has to run around the world sucking off every leader to try and get them to be pro-Israel. Even a country like India that buys weapons and says its pro Israel still has a tough time supporting Israel at the UN. Merkel was calling all EU leaders telling them to not move the embassy to Jerusalem.

This is exactly what I am talking about. One of the more isolated countries diplomatically and at the UN somehow controls the world and politics.

Second, I saw one video of a kid being shot and the snipers laughing about it, so there's at least a little joy of killing going on.

Anybody who uncritically repeats something they read on the internet without checking sources first is an idiot, not a racist. And there's a lot of idiots out there.
I think you are thinking of something differently. That video was not about a kid being shot, it was from December before the riots started.

A spokesman said the Palestinian man who was shot was one of the leaders of “a violent riot” on the Gaza border and that troops fired on him only after trying to disperse protesters with tear gas and warning shots. He was shot in the leg and injured, the military said.

The brief video appears to have been filmed by an Israeli soldier through a pair of binoculars

The military said the soldier’s decision to film the shooting and the coarse language used in the video “do not suit the degree of restraint expected of IDF soldiers and will be dealt with by commanders accordingly”.
Which again goes to my point. Its easy for you to believe that IDF soldiers would laugh after killing a kid. A game of broken telephone where the truth gets easily messed up.

and I don't condone those soldiers acting like dicks. Israel has been at war since day 1 and when you create a militant society at some point people are going to get corrupted. Soldiers around the world can be dicks, remember the Guntanamo picture?

I don't know. It kind sounds like they only hate 70% of them.
anti semetis hate all Jews, and since Israel is the Jewish nation they hate Israel too. Anti semeits don't really care if you read the Torah or keep the Shabas, you are a Jew so they hate you.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Obviously this is because they keep letting Trump enter Europe for those world leader meet ups.

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not sure what part of my post you are responding to? The distinction between Zionism and Judaism? Or the Satanist Jews running the world from George Soros' basement thing? I don't believe the latter at all, and only brought it up to point out that even people who believe that kind of thing aren't necessarily being antisemitic.

That part

Jewish people attacked as a scapegoat back then for the terrible financial crisis which also did happen because of the contract of Versaille. Hitler used his hatred of Jewish people which he also developed as a Child and spread it with Proaganda through whole Germany.

bigedole

Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
I don't want to get into it here and I don't condone innocents dying but you also have children throwing molotovs, trying to break through the fence and their are documented cases of Hamas using the children as shields behind the fence or to plant explosives. Its still a tragedy and don't support children being killed. If you don't support their policies I don't think its antisemetic. Now though will you also condemn the Palestninan actions at the fence as well?

I don't get the above?

What are you talking about? HRW, Amnesty, CNN, AlJazeera, Guardian etc all go on and on about whats happening. The UN just passed 6 resolutions against Israel like last week, yet not 1 about the million Uighyrs in concentration camps. The entire OIC and most of the Non alligned movement and Latin America is anti-Israel. The UN implemented a 2/3rd majority vote to stop an anti Hamas resoultion, yet 2/3rd majority votes are supposed to be for only really important items.

Saying Israel "controls" world politics is a dog whistle and antisemetic argument. Bibi has to run around the world sucking off every leader to try and get them to be pro-Israel. Even a country like India that buys weapons and says its pro Israel still has a tough time supporting Israel at the UN. Merkel was calling all EU leaders telling them to not move the embassy to Jerusalem.

This is exactly what I am talking about. One of the more isolated countries diplomatically and at the UN somehow controls the world and politics.

I think you are thinking of something differently. That video was not about a kid being shot, it was from December before the riots started.

Which again goes to my point. Its easy for you to believe that IDF soldiers would laugh after killing a kid. A game of broken telephone where the truth gets easily messed up.

and I don't condone those soldiers acting like dicks. Israel has been at war since day 1 and when you create a militant society at some point people are going to get corrupted. Soldiers around the world can be dicks, remember the Guntanamo picture?

anti semetis hate all Jews, and since Israel is the Jewish nation they hate Israel too. Anti semeits don't really care if you read the Torah or keep the Shabas, you are a Jew so they hate you.
I can't bring myself to spend time trying to argue this issue as thoroughly as you do anymore. The truth is that this whole situation can be explained very clearly by asking a simple question: What would happen tomorrow if either side decided to lay down their arms and stop fighting today?

If Palestinians laid down their arms and stopped fighting, there would be peace in that region of the world. They'd be as bad off as they are now, but no worse and hopefully they could start to build and improve their lives. If Israel laid down their arms and stopped fighting, there would be mass murder and death of their citizens tomorrow. It really doesn't get any simpler than this, and as ridiculous as it sounds it is the stated truth from the mouths of the Palestinian's militant muslim leaders. There IS a good guy and a bad guy in this fight and it's not hard to figure out who's who.

Sqorin Hammerfarf

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2018
Now though will you also condemn the Palestninan actions at the fence as well?
I condemn just about everything going on with the Gaza strip, on all sides. It's fucking awful. But Israel is our ally, that we back up with military and financial support (and lots of it), and if they are committing war crimes and humanitarian violations, then I think we should have more to say on the matter as a government.

I don't get the above?
I'm saying that war is dirty, but you are free to point out other countries being dirty. You can't point out Israel being dirty without being labeled antisemitic and being banned from social media. I also don't think war being dirty is an excuse for being dirty yourself. That's like saying that stealing kidneys is a thing that happens so nobody should call you on it when you do it.

I'm not qualified to speak on that stuff. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm qualified to speak on the issue in the Middle East in general. I'll defer to more expert opinions in these matter.

But I've seen some terrible videos from the Gaza strip, and heard even more terrible stories, and it seems like this sort of thing isn't gaining any traction whatsoever in US new media. At the very least, if it is reported, it is immediately drowned out by the new tweet Trump made. I've also seen accounts complaining about this stuff getting banned from Twitter for antisemitism when they seemed like legitimate criticisms to me.

Saying Israel "controls" world politics is a dog whistle and antisemetic argument.
Control is a bad way to put it. Influence. They seem to have a much larger effect on the UN and Western countries than their size and contributions would otherwise suggest. Apparently, the US gives $3.8 billion in aid to Israel every year, or as one person figured, $23,000 per Jewish family living in Israel - every year. We've given them about $140 billion since 2003 - and I can't tell what we get out of it. Whenever people talk about what to do in the Middle East, Israel is like an invisible elephant in the room that nobody acknowledges, but all seem to work around.

It appears that you are right. It was a different video. I think my point still stands that there is some joy of killing involved. That's not the only video either. Here's an article about a border patrol agent shooting an unarmed Palestinian for fun. Excuse the RT link, but it mentions several verifiable claims in the article that should make fact checking possible.

Here's an article from the Guardian where they talk about ten kids being wounded in the previous three months that were outside the 300m buffer zone. So we have IDF soldiers laughing while hitting protestors and shooting unarmed kids who were no danger to them. The fact that they weren't literally laughing while killing kids seems like damning with faint praise, personally. Again, this is a country we give $3.8 BILLION in aid to EVERY year.

I'm saying that it entirely possible to be anti-Israel without being anti-Jew. If the problems with Israel are due to 70% of them being assholes, then you only hate the 70% that are assholes. It is by no means a blanket statement that all Jews are assholes.

MrTickles

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2018
European left despises Jews and Israel. Muslims in Europe despise Jews. The 'far-right' doesn't even factor into the equation, it's irrelevant in scale and intensity.

Ogbert

Feb 21, 2018
My wife is Jewish.

Nothing random targeted at her but lots of bullshit from middle class lefties that preach at her.

I don’t think their behaviour qualifies as antisemitism per se, but I’m not in the least surprised that the Left appeases Islam - they’re helping to lay the foundations.

Yoshi

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
What are you talking about?? This study is saying the exact opposite, that the far right is low on the list of offending groups.
In terms of the pretty low bar of saying something that is perceived antisemitic, yes. In terms of commiting crimes:
Despite this perception, the German Federal Government Commissioner for Jewish Life in Germany and the Fight against Anti-Semitism has stated that over 90% of antisemitic crimes in Germany in 2017 were perpetrated by far-right individuals.
You have to keep in mind also that comments targeted against Israel are often perceived as antisemtic when they are not (necessarily). And such comments usually come from lefties and of course many, many muslims. So this kind of statistics is pretty unreliable.

bigedole

Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
In terms of the pretty low bar of saying something that is perceived antisemitic, yes. In terms of commiting crimes:

You have to keep in mind also that comments targeted against Israel are often perceived as antisemtic when they are not (necessarily). And such comments usually come from lefties and of course many, many muslims. So this kind of statistics is pretty unreliable.
Yes, and it's well understood that the source of the statistic in your bolded sentence is ridiculous because that particular study used "far right individuals" as the default. It's a stupid source that has been addressed many times in the last few months on this board alone.

Yoshi

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Yes, and it's well understood that the source of the statistic in your bolded sentence is ridiculous because that particular study used "far right individuals" as the default. It's a stupid source that has been addressed many times in the last few months on this board alone.
I have seen that claim not a proof though. In an article from this year (German though), issues with the statistics are explained: https://faktenfinder.tagesschau.de/hintergrund/antisemitismus-147.html

But they say nothing about a default here and a default would be a much bigger issue. They do say that if people do the Hitler salute or similar in correlation to the crime, they are classified as right extremists, even though other motives may be dominant, but this is far from the claimed default-error.

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
Jews have an outsized influence in a lot of areas, way beyond their share in the population. There is no doubt about that. I don't think pointing that out is anti-semitism. The Jerusalem Post itself has pointed out that 50% of the Democratic Party and 25% of the GOP contributions are from Jews. https://www.jpost.com/US-Elections/US-Jews-contribute-half-of-all-donations-to-the-Democratic-party-468774

I think hargwood up there was rudely referencing the expulsion of Jews from a lot of places during medieval times. I've heard 109 different countries, but I don't know if there is any truth to that or not. Some of that was just based on irrational hate, but a lot of it was also based on economics. Jews got a raw deal from Europe with the usury laws, without a doubt....and people would take advantage of anti-semetic events to get out of debt they owed to Jewish lenders.

Also, anti-zionism feeds into anti-semetism, as people have pointed out already. Every crime committed by Israel against the Palestinians becomes a point of propaganda against jewish people in general, which is a shame.

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
That is why that study was also heavily criticized. For example every crime not solved will be automatically adjusted to the right wing. In this study however they asked jewish people directly and they also paint a much darker picture because most of them do not even report the crime either out of fear for revenge or because the police will not do anything anyway.

Also given that the german police now had to remove english as second language for their classes and had instead to ad a special German class speaks how many of these police officers already would be Muslims who can also can carry their hatred into their job.

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006

If someone is yelling about Israel to a Jewish person because they perceive them as Jewish, how is that different from a white person yelling "you people are gang members" to a random black person?

Yoshi

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
If someone is yelling about Israel to a Jewish person because they perceive them as Jewish, how is that different from a white person yelling "you people are gang members" to a random black person?
It is not, but if people complain about Israel, independent of another person in the room being Jewish, then it is not (necessarily) antisemitism.

luigimario

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
White leftwing Europeans will say it's all down to the far right. That is how it's portrayed here in England. The growth of Islam in Europe isn't even touched upon.
Just look at this recent piece from The Guardian, for example:
https://amp.theguardian.com/news/2018/dec/10/britain-has-worst-record-for-antisemitism-in-europe-says-report
Let's not pretend that European attitudes towards Jews is stellar. They may have improved in the last 50 years, but its hard not to improve from the "let's get every Jewish man woman and child and systematically murder them" position....

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
Let's not pretend that European attitudes towards Jews is stellar. They may have improved in the last 50 years, but its hard not to improve from the "let's get every Jewish man woman and child and systematically murder them" position....
This was not the case so much after WW2. not at all. Furthermore jewish people actually seeing a huge raise since 5 years. Before there were almost no accidents. Today Jewish children get threaten already in Kindergarten with telling them that they cut of their heads in Elementary school

And this is because the government has fucking ignored EVERY concern regarding mass immigration from highly muslim countries. These terror states like Iran or Turkey even finance most of the mosques with their military believes and brainwashing. We need to put an end to this fast VERY fast

Last edited:

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
White leftwing Europeans will say it's all down to the far right. That is how it's portrayed here in England. The growth of Islam in Europe isn't even touched upon.
Just look at this recent piece from The Guardian, for example:
https://amp.theguardian.com/news/2018/dec/10/britain-has-worst-record-for-antisemitism-in-europe-says-report
They cant admit to themselves what they have done over the last decade and what future they create for the next generation and their own children because it would destroy them politically and as human beings and in fact it still destroys them anyway because people obviously have had enough of it.
The fact is you now have leftists rather joining hands with radical Islamist than admitting to what they have done this is how you get corbyn sucking up to islamists, the entire green party in germany doing the same or the swedish political elite lol and they all hide behind statements and several variations of "jews are to blame too for being attacked they need to disavow israel hurr durr".
I am glad they lose political power all over europe and are bound to fuck off forever.

Last edited:

luigimario

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
They cant admit to themselves what they have done over the last decade and what future they create for the next generation and their own children because it would destroy them politically and as human beings and in fact it still destroys them anyway because people obviously have had enough of it.
The fact is you now have leftists rather joining hands with radical Islamist than admitting to what they have done this is how you get corbyn sucking up to islamists, the entire green party in germany doing the same or the swedish political elite lol and they all hide behind statements and several variations of "jews are to blame too for being attacked they need to disavow israel hurr durr".
I am glad they lose political power all over europe and are bound to fuck off forever.
I don't know how you say "leftists hold hands with radical islamosts" whilst defending Saudi Arabia and spreading their propaganda?

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
This was not the case so much after WW2. not at all. Furthermore jewish people actually seeing a huge raise since 5 years. Before there were almost no accidents. Today Jewish children get threaten already in Kindergarten with telling them that they cut of their heads in Elementary school

And this is because the government has fucking ignored EVERY concern regarding mass immigration from highly muslim countries. These terror states like Iran or Turkey even finance most of the mosques with their military believes and brainwashing. We need to put an end to this fast VERY fast
Dunki,

Could you give a small translation of this article? Just kinda a summary?

https://www.bild.de/politik/ausland/politik-ausland/no-go-areas-fuer-juden-in-deutschland-neue-schock-studie-der-eu-58925048.bild.html