• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 Official Thread

3933525732_aa93875d26_o.png

Reviews:​
Famitsu - 35/40​

Media:​
3932913959_36aaf637d5_o.png

Replicant

Will the Japanese version contain English subtitle? I'm wondering because the Japanese demo had English subtitles so I'm hoping against hope that the real game will have it too. Because if that's the case, I'd just import the Japanese one since the case looks hotter.

Replicant said:
Will the Japanese version contain English subtitle? I'm wondering because the Japanese demo had English subtitles so I'm hoping against hope that the real game will have it too. Because if that's the case, I'd just import the Japanese one since the case looks hotter.

Japanese version of NGS1 is multi language.

Awntawn

Replicant said:
Japanese version won't have decaps tho ;x

lupinko

Replicant said:

It's the same cover for all three, unless you are referring to the collector's editions for each region.

And the Japanese version will have the English option as evidenced by the demo, and all Team Ninja games are always multi-lingual regardless of region.

I would rather import, but I want to see full decapitations (JP version censors human decapitations, just like how Biohazard 4 and 5 censor exploding heads on regular Ganado/Manjinis).

Already preordered and paid for the domestic CE, and playing the demo reinforces that. =)

iconoclast said:
Please don't be utterly broken once again, Ninja Cinema!
I remember watching a replay on the leaderboards automatically unlocked six mission mode related achievements for me in the 360 version. :lol

Replicant

rockman zx said:
Japanese version of NGS1 is multi language.

:eek: Yay!

Awntawn said:
Japanese version won't have decaps tho ;x

FUCK. Are we sure about this?

lupinko said:
It's the same cover for all three, unless you are referring to the collector's editions for each region.

Yeah, I was talking more about the collector's edition. Although I also think Japanese's rating (CERO) symbol looks nicer than US/Europe one. :p

kuYuri

Nice OP.

I would love to play this game, but will wait for price drops. I've played way too much NGII already, plus I'm broke.

pswii60

BlueWord said:
An NG without Itagaki. This will be interesting.

I might pick this up, didn't realize it was out so soon.
Pretty sure I played an NG without Itagaki last year. He hasn't been there in spirit since NGB. Unfortunately.

jaydogg691

I was just playing the demo and this game looks very clean. Gameplay is nice, but man that camera. I want to get this game, but I still need to finish other games.

Kuraudo

Banned
I'm not used to the new PEGI logos. Is that yellow one a 16? Does that mean Europe's getting screwed out of the decapitations again?

Might grab the HMV LE anyway. Really enjoyed the demo.

yurinka

Replicant said:
At least NGS2 demo has even subtitles in Spanish, and audio in both Japanese and English.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
From A Master Ninja's Ninja Gaiden 2 thread.
I know this isn't a PS3 controller, but figured this was relevant and hilarious.
295d5lh.png

Someone should change it to a DS3! Don't have photoshop. :[

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
NVM!
Figured it out with Pixelmator!
fjepea.png

Don't forget, original credit goes to a Master Ninja's original Ninja Gaiden 2 thread!

Enjoy the bloodshed! :D

Giolon

DR2K said:
DOA is after NG, so it's the other way around.

So what, did she suddenly become not related or nor a badass ninja in the past?

They could give her a better description than "courier". That sounds so lame!

onken

I had a go on the demo at Master Ninja. I wasn't doing so bad until those claw guys showed up, yeeeeeeeeeah think I'll stick to mentor.

Speaking of which, do you just a choice between acolyte and warrior at the beginning, and then unlock mentor? Or do you start with mentor and only have to unlock master ninja?

Also, will the euro version have decaps?

DR2K

Banned
Giolon said:
So what, did she suddenly become not related or not the spawn of Tengu in the past? :p

They could give her a better description than "courier". That sounds so lame!

Was Raido a tengu? I don't remember that. She was conceived through rape and was treated like the black sheep in her village because of it, but she was still training to become a ninja, and part of her training is to be a courier. So there's nothing here out of the ordinary. Except for her tits, they're not even this big in DOAX.:lol

onken said:
I had a go on the demo at Master Ninja. I wasn't doing so bad until those claw guys showed up, yeeeeeeeeeah think I'll stick to mentor.

Speaking of which, do you just a choice between acolyte and warrior at the beginning, and then unlock mentor? Or do you start with mentor and only have to unlock master ninja?

Also, will the euro version have decaps?

If it's anything like NG2, you'll have to unlock mentor.

Canova

Banned
onken said:

those motherfuckers take forever to kill. And that with level 3 weapons. And I kinda like it :D Can't wait to see the purple version of the claw guys, we'll be going at it for 5 minutes :lol

Kyoufu

I'll be there day one. Co-op is probably going to take in most of my playing time but looking forward to the single-player too.

We should add our PSN tags for co-op!

RavenFox

Banned
canova said:
those motherfuckers take forever to kill. And that with level 3 weapons. And I kinda like it :D Can't wait to see the purple version of the claw guys, we'll be going at it for 5 minutes :lol
Yeah those guys were owning me until I focused my Ki into the controller and handed out the f'ing pain to all of them. Enemies should just perform seppuku when I enter the lvl. Yeah I'm badass.

Oh wow, I had no idea this was coming out so soon! I really liked the first Sigma even though I know a lot of purists say it's not the "definitive" version of Ninja Gaiden. Really curious to see how this one turns out, especially because I am now 360less and cannot play my copy of NG2.

Top Bottom