• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
It does look alot like Sigma with more gore, which is not a bad thing because you KNOW this game is going to play like a dream. Pleaaaaase be playable at TGS.

Am I unreasonable for expecting better graphics? Not this looks bad, but I expected alot more from Itagaki and Team Ninja.
Didn't he say his game would look so good it would make other action game devs dejected?

f@luS said:
Its just that ...itagaki was like "yeah Hiyashi did a good job for a novice but wait for NG2" and it looks about the same...

Well lets wait to see it in motion before we start passing judgement as to the achievements of Itachi and co.

Tieno

HAWT!
6bclkyo.png

PowerSmell said:
Am I unreasonable for expecting better graphics? Not this looks bad, but I expected alot more from Itagaki and Team Ninja.
Didn't he say his game would look so good it would make other action game devs dejected?
It does. Didn't you watch CNN? Keiji Inafune just jumped out of a window.

f@luS

More than a member.
PowerSmell said:

Ure not unreasonable. Itagaki was like " its nothing like sigma" and it does look like sigma....not like Ninja gaiden sigma/2 look bad , but team ninja is nothing they were last gen (masterpiece visual)

dejay

Banned
I love the comments on the tiny shots. Some full-res shots will give a better indication of quality and Sigma looked very good anyway.

Sean

Banned
There's a new claw weapon and some kind of killer weapon boots too. Look closely at his hands and feet:

n7a4b6.png

picture33a177.png

also that's some of the prettiest blood

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I didn't expect much for NG2 after DOA4 and DOAX2, so I'm not really disappointed. It really doesn't look out any special. Meh.
Maybe the animation system is new at least...

Nolan.

sp0rsk said:
Something tells me these weren't supposed to be released today.

I was thinking that but then ms has their countdown for that game tonight maybe they're doing somekind of rolling stone gathering moss. I don't know but was avery surprising way to reveal (my favourite).

kay

Damn that's gory, won't be released like that in Japan so why put those shots up? It's good to see some better environments one of the problems of the first for me was the ugly, bland surroundings. Now only if the story is more involving this time around..

nofi

Nolan. said:
You have to put the bodies back together and replace slashes with paper cuts then it will be germany suitable.

:lol

I only had about 20 seconds before someone else did it!

Gantz

Banned
Looks sick. People who thinks it doesn't look impressive or looks like Sigma need to get their eyes checked :lol

Borys

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Something tells me these weren't supposed to be released today.

Really now :lol

What kind of a company releases the first ever screenies of Xbox 360 second most anticipated game (right after Halo 3) in this silent kind of way?

Someone made a BIG mistake.

Jide

While it does look nice I'm more interested to see what new combat options RYU will have elements will be in NG2.

Can't wait for some videos.. :D

Nolan.

I love how in one of the screens a ninja is dismembered and his head still has this ''oh looks like a lovely day today I might pick some flower later'' expression.

- Graphics => It is simply NG Sigma with improved lightning. Nothing else. Ryu's model seems even the exact same one. It's not bad, but Itagaki promised the best looking game ever by orders of magnitude and this is simply an average good looking game.

- Gore => Awesome, simply awesome. Too bad it will NEVER look like that in the final game. I bet we will get even NO mutilations at all. My god, Ninja gaiden in europe have titanium-neck ninjas. This will NEVER pass nazi censorship controls... NEVER :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom