• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 (PS360) & Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Wii U)

TECMO KOEI AMERICA UNVEILS HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NINJA GAIDEN 3 FOR PLAYSTATION 3 AND XBOX 360

ALONG WITH ADDITIONAL NEW GAMES AT THE 2011 ELECTRONIC ENTERTAINMENT EXPO

Team NINJA in Development of Two New NINJA GAIDEN Games –

Ninja Gaiden 3 and New Ninja Gaiden* Title Exclusively Being Created for Nintendo’s New Console, Wii U

BURLINGAME, Calif., June 7, 2011 – TECMO KOEI America, a leading developer of interactive games, today announced its Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2011 lineup of titles. The upcoming featured titles represent a bold new direction of TECMO KOEI America Corp. Under TECMO KOEI America, the company will have new reach amongst the latest in innovative technologies and design as well as continue to redefine the action genre. E3 2011 will mark a new era for the company as it reveals four unique titles ranging from ninja action to motion censored horse racing. TECMO KOEI booth is located in the South Hall, Booth #2447.

TECMO KOEI America also announces today its plans to develop game software for Nintendo’s new console – Wii U™. For the new console, Wii U, TECMO KOEI America and Team NINJA will deliver a new title from the famed NINJA GAIDEN franchise, NINJA GAIDEN 3 Razor’s Edge (*working title).

“TECMO KOEI America continues to evolve and reach new heights in the gaming world” said Tak Yamamoto, Executive Vice President of TECMO KOEI America. “Our E3 lineup reflects a strong, fun and amazing new portfolio of titles that encompasses both high quality console action and explosive social engagement, all of which defines the essence of TECMO KOEI America and its direction in the future.”
Source :pR

clav

After seeing the leaked gameplay videos of NG3, I'm not sure if I like the future of the NG series.

Team Ninja Dog is ruining it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The title of the press release doesn't seem to match the content.

Title: "Team NINJA in Development of Two New NINJA GAIDEN Games –

Ninja Gaiden 3 and New Ninja Gaiden* Title Exclusively Being Created for Nintendo’s New Console, Wii U"

Okay. Makes sense.

Content: "TECMO KOEI America also announces today its plans to develop game software for Nintendo’s new console – Wii U™. For the new console, Wii U, TECMO KOEI America and Team NINJA will deliver a new title from the famed NINJA GAIDEN franchise, NINJA GAIDEN 3 Razor’s Edge (*working title)."

... so, they're going to release Ninja Gaiden 3 and another title called Ninja Gaiden 3 Subtitle, and these are two separate games? Errr.

But I thought the WiiU would only get ports from years ago.

Stumpokapow said:
... so, they're going to release Ninja Gaiden 3 and another title called Ninja Gaiden 3 Subtitle, and these are two separate games? Errr.

It's probably like Sigma, but with more content.

FoneBone

If the Wii U game is called Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, how can it be an entirely separate game from Ninja Gaiden 3 on PS3 and 360?

^^What Stump said, press release is totally incoherent

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
AceBandage said:
It's probably like Sigma, but with more content.

But Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Sigma aren't on the same console, and they certainly weren't announced at the same time on the same console. I mean, if you're trying to tell me that they will release Ninja Gaiden 3 for PS3, 360, and WiiU... and then a few months later they're going to release Ninja Gaiden 3 with extra content for WiiU, that's... well, I don't know what it is, but it's certainly unprecedented.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So Im guessing that demo of throwing shurikens with the Wii U controller will be used here...

NateDrake

So it'll be Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3. Wonder if it has anything to do with the speculated 3DS NG title hinted at last yr and will have some cross-platform elements.

Stumpokapow said:
But Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Sigma aren't on the same console, and they certainly weren't announced at the same time on the same console.

Dunno. We'll probably find out tomorrow at the round table.

ivysaur12

Banned
Stumpokapow said:

Ninja Gaiden 3 and New Ninja Gaiden* Title Exclusively Being Created for Nintendo’s New Console, Wii U"

Okay. Makes sense.

Content: "TECMO KOEI America also announces today its plans to develop game software for Nintendo’s new console – Wii U™. For the new console, Wii U, TECMO KOEI America and Team NINJA will deliver a new title from the famed NINJA GAIDEN franchise, NINJA GAIDEN 3 Razor’s Edge (*working title)."

Yeah, that's what it seems like. A little ridiculous.

Spiegel

Stumpokapow said:
But Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Sigma aren't on the same console, and they certainly weren't announced at the same time on the same console.

There's only one Ninja Gaiden WiiU

TECMO KOEI AMERICA UNVEILS HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NINJA GAIDEN 3 FOR PLAYSTATION 3 AND XBOX 360

and then there's also

NINJA GAIDEN 3 Razor’s Edge for WiiU

Slime

Banned
Probably a version of Ninja Gaiden 3 with exclusive Wii U kunai and shuriken-throwing controls! Hence, "razor's edge."

Stumpokapow said:

Okay. Makes sense.

I'm expecting a load of stuff like this in the next few weeks. Very few publishers will want to invest in exclusives on a new hardware that has a very uphill battle ahead of itself. We'll get a lot of "exclusive version that is actually an enhanced port but we'll try not to say it" PR pieces in the next weeks.

sajj316

Stumpokapow said:

Okay. Makes sense.

Maybe it's just TECMO? They considered Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Sigma as two different games (marketing wise).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Spiegel said:
There's only one Ninja Gaiden WiiU

Okay, so the ambiguous syntax is meant to imply that there is a Ninja Gaiden 3 for PS3 and 360... and separate from that, a Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge for WiiU?

That makes more sense, but it still begs the question why you would announce a game and in the same press release announce "and if you wait a few months, we'll be releasing a better version with different stuff".

clav

Stumpokapow said:
Okay, so the ambiguous syntax is meant to imply that there is a Ninja Gaiden 3 for PS3 and 360... and separate from that, a Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge for WiiU?

That makes more sense, but it still begs the question why you would announce a game and in the same press release announce "and if you wait a few months, we'll be releasing a better version with different stuff".
Perhaps Nintendo paid Tecmo to do an exclusive content version in conjunction with the new controller?

antonz

claviertekky said:
Perhaps Nintendo paid Tecmo to do an exclusive content version in conjunction with the new controller?
I think people are going to find alot of these Wii U games are gonna be packing alot of exclusive content.

Spiegel

Stumpokapow said:

Yes. You should edit the title Stumpokapow because it's only going to cause confusion

antonz said:
I think people are going to find alot of these Wii U games are gonna be packing alot of exclusive content.

We have two confirmed, so far.
NG3 and AC.
Likely Darksiders 2. Maybe even BF3 will have exclusive content.

obonicus

Stumpokapow said:

NG3 is probably aiming to release early in 2012 (or at least before the WiiU comes out). As to what this'll do to vanilla NG3 sales... well, this is Tecmo-Koei.

Thats how I see it:
Ninja Gaiden 3 from Nintendo Press Conference (multiplatform)
Ninja Gaiden ??? from PR (Wii U exclusive)

Spiegel

DXB-KNIGHT said:
Thats how I see it:
Ninja Gaiden 3 from Nintendo Press Conference (multiplatform)
Ninja Gaiden ??? from PR (Wii U exclusive)

Read the title of the press note.

Team NINJA in Development of Two New NINJA GAIDEN Games –

Ninja Gaiden 3 and New Ninja Gaiden* Title Exclusively Being Created for Nintendo’s New Console, Wii U

- Now follow the asterick

For the new console, Wii U, TECMO KOEI America and Team NINJA will deliver a new title from the famed NINJA GAIDEN franchise, NINJA GAIDEN 3 Razor’s Edge (*working title).

Ninja Gaiden 3 - PS3, Xbox 360
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - WiiU

Busaiku

All the footage shown during the reel was only of Ninja Gaiden 3 (360/PS3 footage) right?
Can't remember if there was a subtitle or not.

CamHostage

Agree with the grammar context whizzes, the reading of the title is a mistake and there's only one Wii U game.

That said, what I'd love to see is a downloadable HD remake of NG 1-3, with some options and patches (maybe an easier mode that fix some of the evil spawning?) as well as graphics redone ala DKC Returns or Bloodrayne Betrayal.

(*random Deviant Art - Joyzilla*)

No mention of the 3DS game that was in the title slate from last year? I don't know if a NG:Dragon Sword 2 could be doable like it was since Book Mode isn't as readily an option with the 3DS's screen and the 2D screen would NOT be the ideal way to see most of this game, but that DS game was a lot of fun and if the 3DS game is anything like it then I'm in.

Sounds like it's a spin-off, maybe with another character instead of Ryu? Would they really be working on two separate HD NG games?

beat

CamHostage said:
That said, what I'd love to see is a downloadable HD remake of NG 1-3, with some options and patches (maybe an easier mode that fix some of the evil spawning?) as well as graphics redone ala DKC Returns or Bloodrayne Betrayal.

(*random Deviant Art - Joyzilla*)
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs42/PRE/f/2009/108/4/1/Ninja_Gaiden_REDUX_by_Joyzilla.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Doodly doodly doodly doo!

Top Bottom