• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge confirmed for PS3,Xbox 360

ArjanN

Why people think Bayonetta 2 become multiplatform. That's a Nintendo title where Nintendo is funding directly the development. It's a first party title.

People hope it'll be multiplatform because they don't want to buy a Wii U but one of the other systems. Bayonetta was PS3/360 and most of the people who played Bayonetta on those are far more likely to get the new Sony or MS machine than a Wii U.

Takao

Banned
Y'all should hope Betrayonetta 2 does well enough. If it doesn't it'll tell SEGA they were right in canceling it, and the IP would be dead.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Y'all should hope Betrayonetta 2 does well enough. If it doesn't it'll tell SEGA they were right in canceling it, and the IP would be dead.

It's pretty unfortunate that they had to go exclusive for it. Bayonetta 2 simply isn't enough of a system seller, and it'll definitely suffer by being exclusive.

Why people think Bayonetta 2 become multiplatform. That's a Nintendo title where Nintendo is funding directly the development. It's a first party title.

Depends on the deal between Nintendo and Sega, really. It probably won't happen, but you never know.

BTW, I remember reading Nintendo's producers suggested changes for Razor's Edge. Is this real or just a product of my imagination?

So i played the NG3 demo. Game kept cutting to action camera angels. Is this common in the final game. Its pretty much the only thing putting me off.

MS funded and published games that went to other platforms. No one knows the contract between Sega and Nintendo. Since Sega owns the IP, I'm sure they can do whatever they want with it once the contract ends or they give the game another name and add stuff to it to make it slightly different.
The only game this happened to was Mass Effect 1, which came to PS3 5 years later after EA bought Bioware and acquired the IP. Nothing else MS funded that they don't own the IP to (Gears of War 1-3, Too Human, Shadow Complex, Alan Wake, etc) has been ported. Same for Sony (Heavy Rain, PixelJunk) and Nintendo (Glory of Heracles, Fatal Frame 4/2R, Mystery Case Files DS/Wii, Culdcept 3DS, etc).

People port begging Bayonetta 2 (and Lego City: Undercover for that matter) are doing so in vain. Get a Wii U if you want it.

Dwingvatt

Banned
The only game this happened to was Mass Effect 1, which came to PS3 5 years later after EA bought Bioware and acquired the IP. Nothing else MS funded that they don't own the IP to (Gears of War 1-3, Too Human, Shadow Complex, Alan Wake, etc) has been ported. Same for Sony (Heavy Rain, PixelJunk) and Nintendo (Glory of Heracles, Fatal Frame 4/2R, Mystery Case Files DS/Wii, Culdcept 3DS, etc).

People port begging Bayonetta 2 (and Lego City: Undercover for that matter) are doing so in vain. Get a Wii U if you want it.

Well according to the fanboys games like Alan Wake and Gears of War are not exclusive because they were ported to the PC.

Also I'm quite sure a few JRPGs that MS funded early on such as Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia and a couple of others were ported to the PS3. Also DLC that they paid for (GTA 4 comes to mind) found their way unto other platforms.

BTW I'm not port begging for Bayonetta. I am a Nintendo fan but after the Wii I have no desire to buy another Nintendo console ever again. If I want to play Bayonetta 2, I'll just borrow my brother in law Wii U when he buys one, but he is waiting for the price to come down. Once he gets it, I will rent the game, play it and beat it then return it before the rental period is done.

88random

I'd put money on another big Wii U "exclusive" being announced as multi-plat soon. As soon as tomorrow, in fact.

this is either rayman, lego, or bayonetta. i'll go with rayman.

edit: it could be dqx or monster hunter 3gu too. the quotations around exclusive point to something like that. not a whole lot to choose from, honestly.

wow

E2s8ot8.png

:Bows down:

hatmoza

Like I said in the Rayman thread, something is scaring Developers. The only thing that makes sense to me would be the current Wii U sales.

Top Bottom