• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden II Impressions + Itagaki Insanity

Mamesj

Banned
Antimatter said:

Along with the spider ninja, this is a good start to topping all the crazy shit you do throughout the course of NG1 :D I expect these things out of NGII:

--A fight with a mutated, 10 armed Dracula with a cannon in its chest

--Ryu riding an atom bomb into the corpses of Doku and Murai, which are posed in a sexually suggestive way for extra humiliation. This is a side quest

--A scene where ryu grabs hold of a helicopter propeller while it's going at full speed to get momentum for the biggest flying swallow ever, which will cut a Titanic sized boat in half.

--A female lead like Rachel, but with boobs so big that you can't even see her face. Maybe even just a pair of boobs but with two feet poking out under them.

_dementia said:
This is basically what TN does with official stills for all their games. Super High Res + AA. They don't outright lie by adding more geometry shadows, or particles.

Edit: like these of NG1:
http://www.the-nextlevel.com/reviews/xbox/ninja-gaiden/ninja-gaiden-4.jpg
http://www.the-nextlevel.com/reviews/xbox/ninja-gaiden/ninja-gaiden-3.jpg

Sure, the game looks like that. Except it's 480p with tearing instead of whatever godly resolution they appear in the shots.

but the NGII shots are 720p and that shot is 1707x960.

and there wasn't tearing in the NTSC-U version, I think that only affects the PAL version (and Sigma.)

RBH

ng1.jpg

ng2.jpg

ng3.jpg

ng4.jpg

ng5.jpg

Prince8

Banned
Mamesj said:
but the NGII shots are 720p and that shot is 1707x960.
Check MS's Xbox press site, the media they're releasing is actually 1920 x 1080.

IGN or whomever is resizing them to 1280 x720 when they host them.

Mamesj

Banned
_dementia said:
Check MS's Xbox press site, the media they're releasing is actually 1920 x 1080.

IGN is resizing them to 1280 x720 like the game would display natively.

I can see how that's semi-bullshot. but the game will still look marvelous. :D

Zzoram

_dementia said:

IGN or whomever is resizing them to 1280 x720 when they host them.

So some of the AA is cleaned up when resizing down to 1280x720.

Zzoram

WrikaWrek said:
Ok...there's werewolfs...werewolfs and ninjas in the same box.

My mind is struggling with all the win

I can only hope that Microsoft makes an amazing commercial for this game. It has so much potential appeal to US gamers, it could be a huge hit if the lower difficulties are reasonable.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
WrikaWrek said:
Ok...there's werewolfs...werewolfs and ninjas in the same box.

My mind is struggling with all the win

Seriously. Now we only need them to reveal that the game includes dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark they shoot bees at you. That would be the final masterstroke.

Onions

this game is pure win button mashing!

my lunar awaits you, awesome newish looking spiky spider fiend!

spider fiend, spider fiend, does whatever a spider fiend does...

FUCKING WEREWOLVES!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

the flow of newish awesomeness just don't stop :D

Mamesj said:
--A female lead like Rachel, but with boobs so big that you can't even see her face. Maybe even just a pair of boobs but with two feet poking out under them.
You're in luck! Here's a picture of a very early build with Ayane fighting the female Vigoorian Slaves:

stretchpanic_screen036.jpg

Draft

Francias Castiglione said:
Are we gonna be able to chop the Werewolves into pieces?
ng2.jpg

Scope the Werewolf on the left.

ps- WEREWOLVES :lol :lol :lol Ninja Gaiden is unadulterated win. It looks at other retarded action games, shakes its head, and says, "just not retarded enough."

East Lake

Francias Castiglione said:
Are we gonna be able to chop the Werewolves into pieces?
There's dismemberment here with these enemies below, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could chop them up.

Hopefully we can. :D

EDIT: Oh shit, nice find Draft. :lol

Mrbob

Damn it, I try to keep myself out of these threads but I keep coming back for more win every time.

My self imposed blackout for this title is not going well. Getting too hyped! It doesn't help DMC4 is out in a couple days either. I'm itching for a good action game. DMC4 in Feb, NG Dragon Sword in March, and hopefully NG2 in May I think it is safe to say First half 08 is the best period in gaming ever.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Just got home, and went straight to this thread - and IGN delivers with WEREWOLVES!

Ryu vs. WEREWOLVES - hell yeah!

And I also noticed myself that you can dismember them too, but I'm not surprised - it looks like any enemy Ryu fights will get it, no discrimination at all!

This game just gets more awesome by the day...

ChrisD84

There's been some nice updates lately :D

Even though i want this game ASAP, I hope they take their time with it, to make it as good as it can possibly be. It would be a shame if it wasn't polished to near perfection :p

BadAss84 said:
There's been some nice updates lately :D

Even though i want this game ASAP, I hope they take their time with it, to make it as good as it can possibly be. It would be a shame if it wasn't polished to near perfection :p

If they released it now, it would still be the pinnacle of awesomeness. I mean, its ninjas versus werewolves!!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Itagaki always takes his time with his games and releases them when ready - nothing to worry about on that front...

Aside from Sigma (jeez), Team Ninja games are always extremely polished...

Gwanatu T

Holy CRAP those last shots sold me on the game. Dear LORD that is some serious, serious ownage! The blood is magical, incredible, INSANE!

Solo

Wow. Looking more and more amazing all the time. What a fantastic title to kick off early 2008 with.

Aaron

Man, I'm just laughing in joy at the latest shots. It's super crazy and amazing at the same time. Can't wait to see how insane the bosses end up.

Top Bottom