• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden II: The Official GAF Thread of Chaos

raYne

StoOgE said:
I do really really like this one so far. The slowdown is annoying, but the projectiles don't bother me. They were far worse in the first game.
It's not the projectiles in general that bothered people, it's the projectile use on the higher difficulties. ie rocket/explosive central.

That's when people start crying over, "the balance!" . Or lack thereof.

Tokubetsu

raYne said:
It's not the projectiles in general that bothered people, it's the projectile use on the higher difficulties. ie rocket/explosive central.

That's when people start crying over, "the balance!" . Or lack thereof.

Thats what makes the first few levels on higher difficulties such a fucking pain. Tight narrow space + Rocket Ninjas = Fuck my life.

Jirotrom

CloakedPuppet said:
For the life of me I can't get past that tunnel worm boss! Arrrrgh!
thats where i stopped, the checkpoint throws you too far back and i was tired of being frustrated. Will start sometime this week though.

ultim8p00

Banned
CloakedPuppet said:
For the life of me I can't get past that tunnel worm boss! Arrrrgh!

What an easy boss to beat. Equip the Lunar or the Kusarigama. Go into one of the caves, then step out for a bit and go back in. He's gonna charge towards you. Now, note the direction in which he went after you get into the cave, because when you step back out, he will come from that direction. Now just step out and face that direction and charge your Circle Y Lunar UT (the one that doesn't need to connect) or your Kusarigama UT (it also doesn't need to connect). When you hear rumbling, wait like 2 seconds then let the UT go. When he comes to eat you, he will run into your UT and get owned. If you are using the Kusarigama, be careful because its UT doesn't last very long and he has an instant kill attack. If you have lvl 3 Lunar, the UT lasts long enough that most of the times he will be leaving as your UT is getting finished.

Really really easy boss.

mernst23

So I finally sat down and finished Master Ninja mode over the weekend. I was on Chapter 8 last thursday, took me all weekend to beat the last 6.5 chapters. Now onto the Mission Mode DLC where I already have 6 golds, 3 silvers, and 15 bronze. Sigh.

mernst23 said:
So I finally sat down and finished Master Ninja mode over the weekend. I was on Chapter 8 last thursday, took me all weekend to beat the last 6.5 chapters. Now onto the Mission Mode DLC where I already have 6 golds, 3 silvers, and 15 bronze. Sigh.

Be prepared for some hair pulling frustration on some levels in MNM. The Dagra Dai mission in the cave is a real bitch.

The hardest missions in MM are a hell of a lot harder than story mode if you ask me.

Grimm Fandango said:
finally.jpg

Oh god that was hell. Hardest thing I've ever done in gaming no doubt about that.

Congratulations!, I got mine today :lol . The hardest part for me was the 2 first chapters, I can believe how easy is the last boss in MN.

Spamming explosive shuriken should die, please Hayashi remove this crap from Sigma 2.

mernst23

iconoclast said:
Be prepared for some hair pulling frustration on some levels in MNM. The Dagra Dai mission in the cave is a real bitch.

The hardest missions in MM are a hell of a lot harder than story mode if you ask me.

I'm more worried about the defeat 100 enemies missions myself, especially on the airship. Everything else is handled easily with the scythe xxy combo except for exploding shurikens ninjas and rasetsu. I owned Dagra Dai in story mode using only one grain on my first try. I mean, it kinda sucks that half the luck in beating the missions relies on what the cpu bosses decide to throw at you (cough cough, Zedonius), but the satisfaction after completing a boss on story mode or a mission in mission mode is totally worth it. Plus I want to have a legit 1250 in this game.

mernst23

So anyone still playing this game or am I the only one trying to Gold all the DLC.

I've finished 1-9, 15-16, and the Scythe Challenge on MN, everything else on mentor/silver This game is getting absurdly frustrating now, but I do enjoy playing survival more than karma mode missions even though I've been focusing on the karma missions more. Mission 10 is giving me shit right now because of the Gold van gelfs tier (getting bum rushed killed because I didn't UT their wings off at the beginning of the fight because it's focusing on a gaja is really pissing me off) and Dagra Dai (got to him twice) is a pain when he decides to stay in the god damn air during half the battle. I got him down to like 1/5 of his health and then he decided to shoot lightning while in the air (i don't know how to avoid it) and I got owned. Of the 5 missions I have left, that airship one (100 enemies) and five boss challenge (12?) I am completely not looking forward to. Beating Mission 8 today on MN was fucking awesome because that mission is just stacked against you. 68/70 achievements. I will finish this game.

mernst23 said:
So anyone still playing this game or am I the only one trying to Gold all the DLC.

I've finished 1-9, 15-16, and the Scythe Challenge on MN, everything else on mentor/silver This game is getting absurdly frustrating now, but I do enjoy playing survival more than karma mode missions even though I've been focusing on the karma missions more. Mission 10 is giving me shit right now because of the Gold van gelfs tier (getting bum rushed killed because I didn't UT their wings off at the beginning of the fight because it's focusing on a gaja is really pissing me off) and Dagra Dai (got to him twice) is a pain when he decides to stay in the god damn air during half the battle. I got him down to like 1/5 of his health and then he decided to shoot lightning while in the air (i don't know how to avoid it) and I got owned. Of the 5 missions I have left, that airship one (100 enemies) and five boss challenge (12?) I am completely not looking forward to. Beating Mission 8 today on MN was fucking awesome because that mission is just stacked against you. 68/70 achievements. I will finish this game.

I'm taking a long break. Don't recall what missions I finished but 12 on MN is just horrible. Even trying to be cheap against them is a mega challenge.

kuYuri

Finally beat this game on Mentor tonight. I'm on my way to Master Ninja. :D

But damn, did the difficulty ramp up, MN is going to be hell.

rvy

Banned
Who funded Tokyo Vikings? Was it Itagaki and his team or someone else? I know he wants to make new IPs, but we really need a NG 2: BLACK by him.
He should try to buy the franchise from TECMO, they're going to butcher it.

Shikashi said:
Who funded Tokyo Vikings? Was it Itagaki and his team or someone else? I know he wants to make new IPs, but we really need a NG 2: BLACK by him.
He should try to buy the franchise from TECMO, they're going to butcher it.

Himself and some key-members from Team Ninja I believe.

rvy

Banned
highluxury said:
Himself and some key-members from Team Ninja I believe.
They probably don't have the money then... too bad. 21st century Ninja Gaiden is really dependent on Itagaki, I think.

USD

Just made it to the Staircase, and yes there still is slowdown (not as bad as it was pre-patch), but man is it awesome. The best part about it is using the Eclipse Scythe and seeing the geysers of blood and limbs flying everywhere, and then after the carnage, watching body parts roll down the stairs. I'm gonna miss that in Sigma 2. It does suck that Ninja Gaiden II got RE5'd.

USD said:
Just made it to the Staircase, and yes there still is slowdown (not as bad as it was pre-patch), but man is it awesome. The best part about it is using the Eclipse Scythe and seeing the geysers of blood and limbs flying everywhere, and then after the carnage, watching body parts roll down the stairs. I'm gonna miss that in Sigma 2. It does suck that Ninja Gaiden II got RE5'd.

Kusari-gama UT in that area... so beautiful even with slowdown.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Funny, I was out all day & evening enjoying the summer carnival today and thought that I might put Ninja Gaiden II in since I'm finally totally free again after all these months, and I see that the official thread got bumped...

rvy

Banned
Skilotonn said:
Funny, I was out all day & evening enjoying the summer carnival today and thought that I might put Ninja Gaiden II in since I'm finally totally free again after all these months, and I see that the official thread got bumped...
It's KARMA. The Gods have called upon you.

rvy

Banned
TitaniumGroceries said:
I finally made some decent progress in this game. I believe I'm in the tower where the final boss resides, and I'm actually afraid to even try.
It's tough even on lower difficulty settings, 3 different forms. Perfectly doable though.

USD

The Scythe's 360 UT absolute destroys ninja dogs. Jump away from them (since the blade always plants behind Ryu's back off an on-landing charge), unleash it, and you have an instant kill on all the dogs where it lands. I wish I knew about this the first two times I went through the game. Once again the Scythe proves why it's the best weapon in the game.

USD

Wow, I just discovered the awesomeness Scythe's 360 + (standard) Y, and it totally changes the dynamics of fights against large enemies. It interrupts nearly all attacks and causes a fairly length period of stun, opening them up for combos. It even works against some of the bosses. Once I figured out this, it totally changed the flow of some of the boss fights, particularly against Zedonius and Alexi (also works against Volf), making them much easier to fight. It's pretty much useless against the agile bosses like Genshin and Elizebet however.

Also finally beat Master Ninja. Some of the later fights were such a chore, I hope Sigma 2 changes them up and makes them actually fun.

I just bought this game two days ago and got to chapter 5/6, I think...

OMG, sooooo good! I can't believe how much fun I'm having with it :D I definitely like it better than the original XBOX one, which I never beat for some reason (I'll probably go back to it, though). I just love the craziness of it all, what with the combos, obliteration techniques, etc.

I'm playing it on Acolyte and am still getting my ass handed to me on bosses :lol It's all good, though--and fun.

Falcon's Talons FTW! :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
dragonlife29 said:
I'm playing it on Acolyte and am still getting my ass handed to me on bosses :lol

You'll like the game from Easy/Acolyte to Normal/Warrior.

Mentor/Hard, Master Ninja/Very Hard modes are the bullshit and have made me a Ninja Gaiden disappointed fan.

Also not finishing Black/1 is sacrilege, you go finish that one up then come back and hate this outing as much as the rest of us that know what's right (1 > 2) do.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Shikashi said:
There's a new update on LIVE, I have no idea what it does. Just giving you guys the heads up.

Given their history with patches and this game, I'd suggest that this latest update freezes the game whenever it detects you're having fun.

goldenpp72

Shikashi said:
There's a new update on LIVE, I have no idea what it does. Just giving you guys the heads up.

You sure it's an actual update or that you just haven't played it in so long that it wanted you to redownload an old update?

goldenpp72

stuburns said:
They're giving you guys the purple mist, and getting rid of all that blood, excited aren't you?

Only if that means the game moves half the speed and allows me to jiggle tits by tapping the L3/R3 buttons

ultim8p00

Banned
What the fuck I think I just got an update.

EDIT: beaten

EDIT 2: nvm I think it's just an old update. I remember clearing my cache when my 360 rroded.

MoFuzz

stuburns said:
They're giving you guys the purple mist, and getting rid of all that blood, excited aren't you?

This actually wouldn't surprise me at this point, given Tecmo's....er, Ninja-like edits of their wikipedia page.

Blood, what blood? The purple mist was there all along, they say!

rvy

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
You sure it's an actual update or that you just haven't played it in so long that it wanted you to redownload an old update?
I'm not sure it came out today, no, but it's reasonably recent. I played NG II 1 or 2 months ago and there was no update. Last time they did update was to fix the game freezing issue, they didn't do anything after that.

Then again, my 360 did RROD and I have cleared the cache, but the only Modern Warfare update I had to re-download was the newest one that everyone whined about.

Edit, I think I actually have played NG II after my 360 RROD and no update. Either it was clearing the cache (but what sense does it make to clear updates? They're supposed to patch games and shit) or there has been a recent update. I also know someone who says that the game updates a lot and he got it in the last few months, I'm guessing this is recent. I don't know, really.

ultim8p00

Banned
Shikashi said:
I'm not sure it came out today, no, but it's reasonably recent. I played NG II 1 or 2 months ago and there was no update. Last time they did update was to fix the game freezing issue, they didn't do anything after that.

Then again, my 360 did RROD and I have cleared the cache, but the only Modern Warfare update I had to re-download was the newest one that everyone whined about.

Yeah it's because you cleared your cache. I just got an "update" too like half an hour ago.

K' Dash

MoFuzz said:
This actually wouldn't surprise me at this point, given Tecmo's....er, Ninja-like edits of their wikipedia page.

Blood, what blood? The purple mist was there all along, they say!

What's the story of this "Ninja Edits" on wikipedia, read about it twice today, now I'm curious.

I can't beat the Archfiend's first form and there's no further Save Points after fighting Durgai Dai. I love this game so much but I'm giving up on it, at least for now. WTF with the save points!

K' Dash

xero273 said:

Thanks, will read now.

Darkmakaimura said:
I can't beat the Archfiend's first form and there's no further Save Points after fighting Durgai Dai. I love this game so much but I'm giving up on it, at least for now. WTF with the save points!

There's a really easy way to beat this boss, if you play enough you'll find for yourself or you can look up for a little youtube help.

The boss follows a pattern ala 16 bit boss era, learn the pattern and kick his ass.

Pro tip:
don't aim the arrows, use Ryu's auto aim, he'll shot to the sweet spot.

xero273

Darkmakaimura said:

I didn't use autoaim when I beat him. Basically, if the boss isn't shooting those ghost things at you, I just do on UT landing arrow charge and aim for head. Then quickly dash and do another on UT to hit the orb in his stomach. quickly dash to dodge the blood and then do on UT to head. That was my method.

Pretty much what the guy above me said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGwU7XJVkQY

This is the general strategy to beat him.

K' Dash said:
Pro tip: don't aim the arrows, use Ryu's auto aim, he'll shot to the sweet spot.
I heard the same tip before and tried it that way but it wasn't doing any damage to him. It never seemed like it hit his head unless I actually manually aimed.

ultim8p00

Banned
I got an update, but I clearead my cache a while ago and I hadn't played NGII in a while.
xero273 said:
I've been playing for the past couple days and didn't get an update prompt.

Try it again today. I didn't notice anything though so I'm sure it was just the old update. But then again I just tried the archfiend for a few hours and gave up so I didn't really test anything.

Top Bottom