• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden II: The Official GAF Thread of Chaos

ShinAmano

I am halfway through the first stage on Master Ninja :lol

I think the new outfits come out on the 10th...

Also isn't today the first day that Itagaki is not a part of Tecmo?

ShinAmano

The scythe is 100% the best weapon in the game (powerwise), but I think just about every other weapon makes up for it in style...

robot

My 2 favorite weapons are the Tonfa's and Kusari-Gama. I really like the Scythe and Falcon Talons too but yea, they make the game a bit too easy.

The only weapon I never used was the Lunar Staff because it felt way too cheap from the older games.

goldenpp72

The scythe is brutally powerful but it gets boring to use, the most flashy is the flails id say.

I finished my tonfa and lunar run and am at level 4 for flails, just 4 weapons to go and im 1000/1000.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Jamesfrom818 said:
I thought people were kidding when they said that using the scythe turns the game into easy mode but they weren't kidding.

Blade Of The Archfiend is ridiculously powerful. Replaying it now on Warrior, it's amazing how it mows enemies down with ease.

I love the Kusari-Game but really have to learn it. Same with the Tonfas; their lack of long-range ability really throws me off. I've stayed away from the Lunar mostly because I used them so much in part 1.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Tonfas and Swords for me. The dash canceling is too damn fun with the Tonfas and the combo transitions with the Swords (especially the DS) are crazy. You can go into an Izuna from just about anything.

Just picking this up again after a hiatus. At the first test of valor on mentor. Any tips on crowd control here? These zombie ninjas swarm me like crazy. I'm trying to no item everything but the bosses, but I'll allow myself up to 3 herbs on this test.

WHOAguitarninja said:
Just picking this up again after a hiatus. At the first test of valor on mentor. Any tips on crowd control here? These zombie ninjas swarm me like crazy. I'm trying to no item everything but the bosses, but I'll allow myself up to 3 herbs on this test.

My only tip for this one is to just try to slice off everyone's leg, so they are left crawling (->Y with the claws is a leg removal, dont know if it has a level requirement). They will still throw the shurikens at you, but it's the best you can do. Just kill a guy off and then start killing the respawns one at a time until they stop coming, then finish off the cripples.

TTG

goldenpp72 said:
The scythe is brutally powerful but it gets boring to use, the most flashy is the flails id say.

I finished my tonfa and lunar run and am at level 4 for flails, just 4 weapons to go and im 1000/1000.

Flail would be my favorite weapon except it doesn't seem to cut limbs off well at all. Going from the Flails to Dragon Sword is a huge difference.

TTG

ShinAmano said:
The scythe is 100% the best weapon in the game (powerwise), but I think just about every other weapon makes up for it in style...

I just beat Elizabeth with it. Only had to use one of the smallest health potions and that was as a precaution. :lol

We'll see how it compares to level 4 dragon sword...

WHOAguitarninja said:

This was my strategy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPBoFzP2KIo

Lots of wind run into Izuna Drops. I got a bit sloppy but was still effective none the less.

[EDIT] Whoops, posted wrong link. Fixed.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The DLC is up, total costume list is now:

grandcostumelist.jpg

Papercuts

Bottom row is Fiend, the one above that is Biometal, the one above that is Shadow Walker, the one above that are the costumes for beating certain difficulties.

Papercuts said:
Bottom row is Fiend, the one above that is Biometal, the one above that is Shadow Walker, the one above that are the costumes for beating certain difficulties.

How much are the packs each?

PS - Do you have to restart the game to enable the new costume?

Papercuts

permutated said:
How much are the packs each?

PS - Do you have to restart the game to enable the new costume?

200 each, and it's just like the other costumes, you can select a different one each time you load your game.

Glad I bought the game @GAME, so the last row is already mine.

The second one is awesome. Gonna buy at least one more pack :)

Edit: second row, white costume: AWESOME. Gonna buy that package for sure :)

Ya know, the white Shadow Walker outfit looks especially badass. It's so... clean and pristine. I have a feeling I'll be replaying the game with each costume just to see them in the cutscenes. >_>

PhatSaqs

Banned
Ezenzer said:
Ya know, the white Shadow Walker outfit looks especially badass. It's so... clean and pristine. I have a feeling I'll be replaying the game with each costume just to see them in the cutscenes. >_>
Indeed. I love that one the most.

X26

Banned
I'll get one...hard to pick though, fiend and walker look espeically badass

Hopefully they release some free ones later, would be aweosme to see a NG:B outfit pack for the game

Speevy

Banned
I'm very close to rejumping back in. Probably within the next month, and this is one of the first games I'm getting.

Top Bottom