• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden II: The Official GAF Thread of Chaos

ShinAmano

Speevy said:
I'm very close to rejumping back in. Probably within the next month, and this is one of the first games I'm getting.
Very much worth it...the rumored price drop and Ninja Gaiden 2...

BTW I tried last night to beat the first level on MNM and failed...round 2 tonight :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Mission Mode is for real - and that is excellent news that it's coming so soon!

I've been out of commission gaming-wise because of studies and it sucks, but man the new costumes (surprised to see them up on XBL so soon) look badass - especially the Biometal one... whoa...

Fighting to keep myself from playing sucks big time...

FFChris

a Master Ninja said:
I'll make you a deal, Tecmo. Give NGII the patch it so desperately needs and I'll buy whatever DLC you release.

Polish the framerate Tecmo, and I'll let this man buy your DLC...

Nutter

Guys need some tips for the stupid worm boss, with the dragon sword. :( i keep getting caught. and my timming is apparently off for the UT. sigh.

SuperBonk

It's ridiculous how tempting these costumes are. I'm strongly against paying money for this shit but they just look so damn cool.

TP

Nutter said:
Guys need some tips for the stupid worm boss, with the dragon sword. :( i keep getting caught. and my timming is apparently off for the UT. sigh.

I use the Flame Pheonix Ninpo (lvl 3) to make him back off a bit then I attack
Expiriment with that, it got the job done several times for me

TTG

To anyone that doesn't want to fight the dragon bosses, the golden dragon boss or the dual armadillos.... Piercing Void is the answer. I think I used like 3 of the lesser healing potions total on them. With the dual armadillos they didn't hit me once.

When in doubt use Piercing Void to the face :lol

robot

Finished the game with 29 skulls. Decided to start a new game in search for the last one and it turns out it was in the 1st mission. :lol

As for the worm boss, I hid inside one of the holes - stand a little bit away from the holes entrance and do a charging attack to get his attention. This will also get you a bit closer outside the hole which at that point start charging again and when you hear his rumble get closer and closer, let it rip.

It may take a few tries to get the timing down but I winded up killing him without using a single potion.

Nutter

This as probably answered somewhere the thread, but do you get to keep the essense you gather up for your next run? new game +, or does it reset to 0?

So in that case, I should upgrade everything I have before i finish the game?

I use the Flame Pheonix Ninpo (lvl 3) to make him back off a bit then I attack
Expiriment with that, it got the job done several times for me

I just arrowed his ass. took 11 of them. haha.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Nutter said:
This as probably answered somewhere the thread, but do you get to keep the essense you gather up for your next run? new game +, or does it reset to 0?

So in that case, I should upgrade everything I have before i finish the game?

you get to keep your essence

This should be the 360 dashboard interface:
11lihhs.jpg

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Whoo boy, I have sure gotten through a good portion of the game.

Ch. 8: having to go up against heavy artillery and Mecha soldiers was vexing but other than that, it was OK.

Ch. 9: Now here's where things get annoying. Not only are there a bunch of heavy artillery ninjas pounding you with there rockets ( and if you get hit your staying down for awhile), but after everytime you get hit the camera angle changes! You also can't just jump on the platforms, you have to find the little ramp and have to walk on it at the right angle.

Then the there's Amazonian Death Worm, it wasn't the Worm itself that was aggravating, it was where it toke place. Numerous times I got lost and didn't know where go, in addition to looking awful, there are very few disgunishing features to show that your going forward.

Then, my disdain for the stage lifted somewhat after finding the kickass Vigorrian Flail, Piercing Mountain FTW!

Of course, it went right back up again after this happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evdm9OOLvUQ (Please excuse the shitty video quality.)

Ch. 10: Holy Shit at that cutscene :lol :lol :lol . Afterwords, what was the point of putting that many enemies on screen if it's just going to make the game crawl? Elizebet, pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Ch. 11: Damn, Murumasa can kickass, he needs to be a playable character at some point in the future.

Edit: Ch.8 forgot about Zedonius " I'm burning, burning, gwaaaaaaahhhh!" :lol :lol :lol

Ch.9 holy crap, those Chainsaw Bazooka Zombies are slow.

TP

Gig said:
You also can't just jump on the platforms, you have to find the little ramp and have to walk on it at the right angle.

A+X is the jump command while running on water
So you can jump on those platforms
took me a while to figure it out, it makes that section so much easier

Cianalas

Gah!! Is there any way to do any significant damage the the archfiend's last form? I have every weapon maxed out and nothing seems to do anything more than scratch him.

robot

Cianalas said:
Gah!! Is there any way to do any significant damage the the archfiend's last form? I have every weapon maxed out and nothing seems to do anything more than scratch him.

I used the 2 swords on him - try avoiding his attacks until he walks around in that corner for a few seconds, then unload a few combos on his ankles. Seemed to work for me, but I also had a ton of healing items (3 herbs, 2 grains, 1 life of a thousand gods, a talisman and rice ball :lol)

Attacking him when he's hanging on the cliff is tough since he can grab you. Also there's a few dead spots for the lasers, a cliff on each side that he can't reach. Just watch out for when he shoots those pillars of fire.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Hmmmm, is it just me or did Ayane breasts get bigger from the first game?

Draft

Victrix said:
I can no longer be friends with you :(

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE STRONG
This is no fairy tale.

One finger in the dike won't stop this flood.

Oh God I'm rationalizing. I bet this is what it feels like to finish up with a prostitute.

Darkman M

Just on ch.3 bought this past weekend and man im getting owned already at this rate it's gonna take me forever to beat this game i feel ashamed. Loving the game though i dont even wanna imagine playing this game at any higher level then i am right now (warrior) or maybe i just suck badly at this game oh well still having fun getting my ass handed to me.

Cianalas

robot said:
I used the 2 swords on him - try avoiding his attacks until he walks around in that corner for a few seconds, then unload a few combos on his ankles. Seemed to work for me, but I also had a ton of healing items (3 herbs, 2 grains, 1 life of a thousand gods, a talisman and rice ball :lol)

Attacking him when he's hanging on the cliff is tough since he can grab you. Also there's a few dead spots for the lasers, a cliff on each side that he can't reach. Just watch out for when he shoots those pillars of fire.
That sounds like what I was trying, although I wasn't so cautious when he'd hang on the cliff. Maybe that's my problem, well, that and only having a single herb.

Draft

This game really opens up on mentor. I'm dying a lot but I'm also getting much better.

I find the pattern is that I hit a choke point, get killed like 10 times, turn the game off and walk away, then come back in a day or so, obliterate the choke point and make it 30-40 minutes further before I hit another choke point.

Like lifting weights or something.

Damnit. Was blazing through the game on my tonfas run and got smacked down by the chapter 10 glitch. It's the second game ending glitch I've encountered (the first was on chap. 3) and it's quite frustrating. Thankfully I had another save on the same playthrough, although it'll send me back a chapter.

As great as NG2 is the lack of polish is down right shameful.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I also broke down and bought costumes...what has this gen done to me.

To the people who had trouble seeing on the chapter 12 armadillo fight, try it with the red fiend costume on.

Holy_Shit_My_Eyes.jpg

I had to take a recovery break after that.

So I ran away from a pack of fiends like a bitch and a shit on of ninjas and rockets came flying around the corner and killed me. I've learned my lesson.

MechaX

Wee. After wasting 130 hours on Ninja Gaiden Black last summer, it's time to waste yet another summer on another Ninja Gaiden game. So far, I'm only on Chapter 3, but so far...

- The combat itself is miles above NGB, whether it be the dismemberment or the actual weapons you get.
- The Wolverine Claws are surprisingly awesome.
- Unfortunately, given the droves that the enemies come in, I'm usually forced to either spam Double/Triple Flying Swallow or chain Lunar Ultimate Techniques.
- Level design isn't too bad. Although, I was one of the people who actually liked the original's hub world approach
- Music is nice.
- The camera is pretty damn terrible. I'll tolerate it, but it's still pretty damn terrible.

Victrix

*beard*
Absolutely is, I know because I wound up fighting them both that way. I didn't have any trouble with that fight though, shrug. They just die so fast to having their face hit...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The lack of polish really hurts this game. It's a shame since NGB was so polished, I don't know what happened with Team Ninja... But the whole Itagaki leaving Tecmo and shit, makes me think the development process of this game wasn't as smooth as the one NGB went through.

I absolutely love the game, but I won't deny the glitches/technical issues get in the way sometimes.

Top Bottom