• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden II: The Official GAF Thread of Chaos

Marco1

Sorry for dragging the thread back but I purchased a cheap copy of NG2 online and it has Spanish instructions and box. The game plays in English but what worries me is the Spanish version censored or cut ?
Thanks.

taking a breaking from NGB to crank out warrior on the original lifebar (until the end) and dragon sword only (LOL 5 point achievements.) These boss fights are weird...if you play them legit, you either destroy them in 5 seconds or die 50 times in a row. I swore up and down I had to cheese the water dragon after a ton of deaths, then I just ran out to the open water and screwed him up quickly. but really Itagaki??! that fight is nuts at first. On water battle with ghost fish, crazy projectiles, weird hit detection issues on his face at the beginning of the fight, a one hit kill dive move, all while tapping A to run on water?! That was some shit to get used to quickly.

Then I button mashed volf in about 10 seconds.

another bump....

On mentor ch.3 and have come close to quitting so many times (the rassetsu in ch.2 was a big hurdle, the flying fuckers at the beginning of ch.3 were another.) This game is like 10x harder than NGB on VH, but it's great!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I never heard anything about this being censored in any territory. Even in Japan where modern games typically get censored for violence.

From what I remember, some regions censored beheadings in Ninja Gaiden 1 (PAL?). And then Sigma censored beheadings in Japan.

another bump....

On mentor ch.3 and have come close to quitting so many times (the rassetsu in ch.2 was a big hurdle, the flying fuckers at the beginning of ch.3 were another.) This game is like 10x harder than NGB on VH, but it's great!

Have fun with Zedonius 1 and 2 on Mentor and MN :)

Have fun with Zedonius 1 and 2 on Mentor and MN :)

zedonius 2 had me raging on warrior. a bunch of times, he would just not come down and fight, making it pretty much impossible for me to beat the fight. and that cheap exploding shit when you run on the lava for the door? wowowowowowowow. The whole EVERYTHING RED section of that chapter is generally a load of shit because you can't see. or I can't see, maybe other people have better eyesight. also, couldn't go to the cheap shit like XXY with the lunar cause I was doing DS only.

cool frog and dolphin would murder me if they saw how much I rage at this game. It's such a strange mix of best action game ever and motherfucking cheap piece of shit that makes me wanna shoulder check my plasma. Love it though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
another bump....

Because blocking does nothing in NG2. Outside of avoiding projectile spam, anyway. And therein is my biggest issue with NG2. In the rush to make it more "offensive" they threw the baby out with the bathwater to where it's more "Ninja May Gaiden" than a "Ninja Gaiden" game, IMO. Because now you're going to have to roll around and block projectiles and stay on the move instead of blocking and watching your opponents movements and then punishing their screw ups like NG1/NGB did.

taking a breaking from NGB to crank out warrior on the original lifebar (until the end) and dragon sword only (LOL 5 point achievements.) These boss fights are weird...if you play them legit, you either destroy them in 5 seconds or die 50 times in a row. I swore up and down I had to cheese the water dragon after a ton of deaths, then I just ran out to the open water and screwed him up quickly. but really Itagaki??! that fight is nuts at first. On water battle with ghost fish, crazy projectiles, weird hit detection issues on his face at the beginning of the fight, a one hit kill dive move, all while tapping A to run on water?! That was some shit to get used to quickly.

Then I button mashed volf in about 10 seconds.

You didn't even have to do that since you could stay the same place they placed you to fight him (though your lifebar might have made it tricky).

Volf was hilarious since you could Flying Swallow spam him to death.

Because blocking does nothing in NG2. Outside of avoiding projectile spam, anyway. And therein is my biggest issue with NG2. In the rush to make it more "offensive" they threw the baby out with the bathwater to where it's more "Ninja May Gaiden" than a "Ninja Gaiden" game, IMO. Because now you're going to have to roll around and block projectiles and stay on the move instead of blocking and watching your opponents movements and then punishing their screw ups like NG1/NGB did.

even in NG1 hard+very hard+mn, you can get thrown or guard crushed pretty easily if block too much. but NG2 is definitely more aggressive. You can block for the quarter of a second that you need to, but then you gotta get into some invincible frames fast in the more hectic fights on mentor. I find NG2 pushes you to combine all the defensive moves into one to create your primary defense, which is pretty cool. Warrior mode is not that bad, but then again, it doesn't have projectiles all over the place.

You didn't even have to do that since you could stay the same place they placed you to fight him (though your lifebar might have made it tricky).

Volf was hilarious since you could Flying Swallow spam him to death.

the lifebar was a problem. I kept getting bit or I'd dodge the bite and get hit by his dive underwater or his jump back out afterward, which was one hit kill on me at that point.

still made it through most of the game on the og bar. Pretty much up until ch.12. I was raging so hard at the game on certain parts of ch.12-14. Game is a cakewalk, then bam, a bunch of annoying encounters. The spider ninja nests are bad ass though. Love that those guys are literally mutated spider people in NG2.

also, Sonia doesn't say anything in the last half of the game except "Ryu..." with an enchanted look in her eyes, which just doubles the rage when you can't skip cutscenes.

the lifebar was a problem. I kept getting bit or I'd dodge the bite and get hit by his dive underwater or his jump back out afterward, which was one hit kill on me at that point.

still made it through most of the game on the og bar. Pretty much up until ch.12. I was raging so hard at the game on certain parts of ch.12-14. Game is a cakewalk, then bam, a bunch of annoying encounters. The spider ninja nests are bad ass though. Love that those guys are literally mutated spider people in NG2.

also, Sonia doesn't say anything in the last half of the game except "Ryu..." with an enchanted look in her eyes, which just doubles the rage when you can't skip cutscenes.

No i mean you can literally stand on the platform shooting charged arrows all day everyday and

1. he wont do most of his fucked up shit (throw, etc)
2. ghost fish wont fuck with you either.
3. out of the moves he actually does only one can give a problem (his "roar" move) but the default lifebar might have made it trickier.

oh yeah, i tried messing with that a bit, but the auto-aimed shots just weren't doing that much damage and I suck at aiming the bow in 1st person in this game. I tried not to cheese too much on my warrior run, knowing it was training for mentor mode.

Top Bottom