• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection Announced

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

- PS4, XBONE, SWITCH, PC
- June 10
- Versions are Sigma (PS3), Sigma 2 , and Razor's Edge
- Includes DLC costumes

The Sigma versions are indeed inferior but if you haven't played this series, please don't let that put you off of getting this collection. Sigma 1 in particular is not that much of a step-down from NG Black, and it even improves upon Black in a couple areas like the water controls. Razor's Edge of course is an across-the-board improvement.

Last edited:

h0ghead

PC is confirmed?

Excited Winona Ryder GIF by reactionseditor

ethomaz

Banned
No PS5 version? I will start to blame BC.

BC = devs don't create next-gen versions anymore.
VRR = devs don't optimize framerate anymore.
DRS = devs don't optimize performance for determined resolution anymore.
Subs = devs don't make non-GAAS games anymore.

Welcome to the "consume friendly" features that make devs lazy.

Plus c'mon... Sigma?

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Interesting.

I just have to know the version of the first one. There are some change in subsequent versions of this game that Im not quite fond of it.

graywolf323

Gold Member
hopefully there's at least some improvements for playing on the next gen consoles like the Mass Effect trilogy is going to have?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Why does everyone hate the sigma versions, what's so bad about them?

Sigma 1 forces you to play as a slow, unfun character for a few levels. They are short levels but its still totally unnecessary. It also makes lots of little arbitrary changes to level design and combat encounters that aren't a big deal.

I don't hate it at all and think its a fine version of the game.

I could begrudgingly accept Sigma 1, but even if it runs well on some-or-all hardware, Sigma 2 is a legitimate downgrade, while NG3 Razor's Edge is just an improved version of a lackluster game. Not that I'm expecting it, but if somehow it's a $30 release, I'd at least consider a purchase; otherwise, I'll probably pass.

Also, in case anyone's wondering, the game's website (link) states the PS5 and SeriesX/S versions are via backwards compatibility, so doesn't seem like native, next-gen releases are happening anytime soon (or ever).

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned
No PS5 version? I will start to blame BC.

BC = devs don't create next-gen versions anymore.
VRR = devs don't optimize framerate anymore.
DRS = devs don't optimize performance for determined resolution anymore.
Subs = devs don't make non-GAAS games anymore.

Welcome to the "consume friendly" features that make devs lazy.

Plus c'mon... Sigma?
no PS5 version, but you can see xbox sx logo, so m$ paid for next gen update? the same as Yakuza 7. consumer friendly.

DavJay

No PS5 version is weird considering this is on s/x and NG3RE and NG2 are already enhanced BC on it.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Pretty cool that it's on PC for the first time, but Razor's edge is the best one in this pack and I already own that.
Expected though since NG2 is owned by MS, but I don't need to own the sigma games.

VN1X

Banned
Will this have a physical release on Switch? Deffo grabbing that if that's the case (get it, "the case" lol!).

I'm sorry.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Heck yeah, brothers.

Can't wait to replay Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.

:messenger_grinning_squinting:
Yeah can't wait to make these super hard decisions whether to kill an enemy or not when he's pleading for life. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge really made me think about consequences and morales, something that later on proved itself to make me a better human being. In fact, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (tm) had me thinking so much, it made me a philosopher. Truly a game of it's own generation and single handedly the ultimatum and magna carta of entertain..-no, not entertainment, but rather of universe and life.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Yeah can't wait to make these super hard decisions whether to kill an enemy or not when he's pleading for life. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge really made me think about consequences and morales, something that later on proved itself to make me a better human being.
There's none of that in razor's edge, all the morality/scared/begging enemy nonsense was removed, you are thinking of the vanilla game.

Pidull

Sigma's Rachel chapters were awful, but I recall it being one of my earlier introductions to "next gen" at the time and I was in love with how good it looked over Ninja Gaiden Black.

Fbh

Sigma versions is disappointing but I'll still pick this up on PC once it's on sale.

I'd rather have the Sigma versions on PC than none at all

Last edited:

Larxia

Oh nice!!! I was talking about this recently with a friend, that we would like some remaster available on PC.
Do we know if the coop mode will still be there? I have to ask because for some reason it seems to be a trend for remasters to remove multiplayer modes...

ACESHIGH

Banned
Truly great for preservation! These games will be playable on PC going forward without resorting to emulators. Now we really need ATLUS to speed up porting their games to PC.

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah I’m just going to stick with the b/c versions. They are already uprezzed and polished and aren’t Sigma.

Top Bottom