• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Master Collection: PC version does not appear to actually run above 720p

Kuranghi

EDIT. Apprently you can run higher resolutions, but you need to force it. Trying to get info.

CHANGING THE OUTPUT RESOLUTION
You can set the output resolution for playing this game.

Note: The resolutions below are supported.
1280 x 720, 1920 x 1080, 3840 x 2160

To configure the resolution, open the game's Properties from your Steam® Library.By entering "720p", "1080p", or "4k" in the text field of "LAUNCH OPTIONS", you can fix the resolution to the corresponding value.
By setting the game to a low resolution, you can reduce the processing load.

PC Users: "How do I change the resolution, there doesn't appear to be any graphics options"
The devs who ported this:

giphy.gif

edit - holy shit this gif is so funny to me, he looks really frustrated :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

NoviDon

Itagaki doesn't give a damn about PC either.
they need to release on every platform including the n-gage and your grandmas eggbeater, because they don't have the talented visionary that makes addicting and attractive games that will make you buy a system to play their games anymore.

Itagaki doesn't give a damn about PC either.
Hey Devil's Third Online was on PC and later on continued as Rock Shot for a while, unfortunately the BR craze was at its peak. Also that one Naruto to Boruto game is on PC.

At least if he were still at KT they probably wouldn't have (mysteriously) lost the source code to NGB and NGII, lol.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Wtaf, thats complete garbo-trash, learn to PC japanese devs! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Can't they at least hire someone who is well versed in the things you have to consider when porting/working with PCs to look at the code and tell them how fucked it is and how to do things properly.

There is always bizarre shit like this that can seemingly be fixed in under a week in someones spare time, thank god for CookieMonster/SilentPatch.

OP, did you try disabling fullscreen optimisations in the properties for the .exe to make sure its not some windows scaling thing? What happens when you run it in a window?

which is weird because the nioh 2 port from the same devs is perfectly fine

I loved Ninja Garden Black and Ninja Garden 2, Ninja Garden 3 is possibly the most disappointing game I've ever played. Still I would love to buy this and support the series but...
bg2z50r.jpg
Cutting weeds and burning them with incendiary shurikens was always fun.

Garden joke aside, NGRE did an admirable job of salvaging the shit burger that was NG3. It's not exactly a masterpiece but it's also much better than simply being a polished turd.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
The fact they chose Sigma over original should have been a big red flag, it's a lazy effort all around. I believe they said they lost source code of NGB or something to that degree. K....Well, give it to Blue Point or Nixxes and let them reverse engineer from release code. It's clear they went with the path of least resistance and just put no effort in it.

MiguelItUp

Can't say I'm surprised considering their reputation on PC with ports is generally not the greatest, and that's with modern games. Now combine that with older titles that have been "remastered" in some way, shape, or form and that sounds like a recipe for disaster, lmao.

Would be cool if they update/patch it accordingly, but man, highly doubt that will happen.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I watched a review of the PC version last night and they did not mention this. Might be a windows scaling thing.

The fact they chose Sigma over original should have been a big red flag, it's a lazy effort all around. I believe they said they lost source code of NGB or something to that degree. K....Well, give it to Blue Point or Nixxes and let them reverse engineer from release code. It's clear they went with the path of least resistance and just put no effort in it.
If anyone has ever paid attention to the history of these games they wouldn't be surprised. Releasing NGB and original NGII would be an indirect self pwn to post-Itagaki Team Ninja.

It's probably deliberate that Steel On Bone (Hayashi's idea) in NGRE is still a far superior crowd control move than Obliteration Technique (Itagaki's idea), it's bad blood spilling over into the game itself.

MMaRsu

Banned
Hey Devil's Third Online was on PC and later on continued as Rock Shot for a while, unfortunately the BR craze was at its peak. Also that one Naruto to Boruto game is on PC.

At least I if he were still at KT they probably wouldn't have (mysteriously) lost the source code to NGB and NGII, lol.
Thats cause they didnt lose it, they just dont want to pay Itagaki.

If you look at the situation and why itagaki left it makes sense. Like a Kojima situation. I bet his name isnt on anything in this collection
Yea it's certainly in the realm of possibility but you're still speculating. Nothing wrong with doing so, I'm speculating plenty inside this thread myself. I just thought if you had some concrete info I'd love to add it to my general knowledge, lol.

And yes Itagaki's name doesn't appear in NGS2's intro (the part after Ryu slices the ninja in half).

Sidenote: I wonder if Capcom pays Mikami for the RE4 remasters and rereleases???

MMaRsu

Banned
Sadly no concrete info but the sexual cases etc... Wouldnt surprise me if they want nothing to do with the man

Sadly no concrete info but the sexual cases etc... Wouldnt surprise me if they want nothing to do with the man
I think apparently he won that lawsuit or had it settled though I'm not about to go digging online for proof right now.

You and I know that he's been openly unhappy with the Sigma games too, so there's some bad blood there. Also, some comment on Reddit brought up the point that Microsoft still has publishing rights for the first two games in NA (not sure how true or how much of an impact it has).

Regardless, at least Xbox users can still play those games with better performance, definitely one of the best things MS has done from my POV.

Braag

I mean, it's Koei Tecmo. They're infamous for dodgy PC releases.
I haven't bought anything from them because of that.

evanft

Quick update after fixing the issue. The games run great. So the PC version is definitely the best way to play Sigma 1/2 and 3RE. 3RE especially since the Xbox 360 version is still only 720p on the Xbox One/Series consoles. That one never got enhanced like NG2 or NGB did.

Mister Wolf

Quick update after fixing the issue. The games run great. So the PC version is definitely the best way to play Sigma 1/2 and 3RE. 3RE especially since the Xbox 360 version is still only 720p on the Xbox One/Series consoles. That one never got enhanced like NG2 or NGB did.
Is the game capped at 60fps?

Balboa

The real crime is that the 3 games are listed seperately in your steam library in the wrong order and with that awful master collection prefix.

Top Bottom