• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja switches from Twitch to Mixer

Smasher89

Amazon buying twitch will no doubt make it worse over time (looks at forced ads added, even for non affiliates, thats pure income for amazon). That said isnt mixer owned by microsoft, or "lets make all console games get mmo fees" company? That said competition (adless) is mostly for the benefit of consumers.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

zeorhymer

I dunno. It was like Pew going to DLive for a day or so and it didn't do much good for them. I can see Mixer doing a bit better, but damn it's not user friendly for new viewers. You have different currencies, stickers or whatever, hypezone (where I feel it's all over the place), but I do give it credit for co-streaming with anyone instead of just partnered folks only.

iconmaster

Banned
215083307_gAxDr-2100x20000.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
AND POSTED THE NEWS ON TWITTER!!!! 😂

Social media powers all around.

Last edited:

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm sure he'll be getting 5-10K viewers over there but as time goes on I'm curious whether this will remain steady / increase or slowly bleed away as time goes on. As much as people talk a good game about liking competition, they still seem to be creatures of habit at heart and gravitate back to whatever services they normally use. Guess we'll see.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Ninja just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about streaming culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over on stream, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the streaming public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase subscriptions for either platform, nor will they purchase any of Ninja's swag. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Ninja has alienated an entire market with this move.

Ninja, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

McCheese

Welp, Twitch is not happy - they've removed all his twitch account perks, his channels emoticons, no more subscribe button. So it seems they've actively nuked his account from orbit, rather than just leaving it inactive. I wonder what happens to folks who had subscribed and had time remaining, refunding perhaps?

Guess they didnt know this was going to happen.

Javthusiast

Banned
He was already losing subs left and right and getting eclipsed in viewership by tfue and now I bet by people like Bugha who are simply way better in competitive than Ninja.

So jumping ship and getting payed a ton by MS, even if he probably tanks on mixer in a couple months, is a smart move. Especially if he is gonna be their face of Halo Infinite on there next year.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Yes.

Good to see Microsoft investing more money into people than their first party.

Keep waiting the awesome exclusives tht are going to blow our mind have been in production for over ten years according to fans lol

But on a serious note I think this is a gd move to build mixer popularity. Dn so mixer has paid subs and shit?

Axelotl

Mixer has the better framework. So I welcome more content on this service. MS is doing strong this days.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Be careful, that MS $$ might not be worth it in the long run...

The one thing I can honestly say I like about Mixer is the hype zone. Love watching people choke at the end of PUBG matches when the hype zone rolls in.

xrnzaaas

As a person that doesn't watch anything on Twitch (or Mixer for that matter) I can only think how all of the millions he got paid could be spent on game development. ;)

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Interested to see if this will elevate Mixer, I have my doubts but anything is possible. Fortnite is one game with a very particular crowd and I’m not so sure how dedicated they are to a platform or personality....
I suppose it depends on what the first few kids decide, then the rest will follow... like sheep. Mindless sheep.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i really hope mixer start stealing those high profile streamers away
fuck twitch XD pull an epic on twitch

this shit is hilarious

johntown

Banned
Obviously he was offered some pretty good deal to move. I personally wouldn't mind if Fortnite and all those types of games moved off Twitch.

Top Bottom