• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory Announces Project: Mara

This user has been removed from the thread. Then you don't need to be in this thread, baiting users and propping up a Nintendo you supposedly don't have.
Dial it back on the low effort console war trolling, thank you.

I don’t own any consoles or PC for that matter.

I’m pointing out this is likely to be a very pretty game with little gameplay.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Ninja theory need to focus in gameplay and less on story telling, one Kojima is enough for this world.

Can't wait to see how they get this thing to even run on the Xbox S

The thing is, Kojima can do both. Great stories with a lot of gameplay!

DonJorginho

Banned
Ninja theory need to focus in gameplay and less on story telling, one Kojima is enough for this world.

Kojima is pretty good at doing both though, say what you want about Death Stranding but it was 100% what Kojima intended and he never sold it to fans as anything other than that.

Also MGSV is one of the most satisfying games gameplay wise imo.

Zannegan

Yeah, zero voice acting, boop boop sound effects, blurry textures and low polygon counts are really immersive and entertaining. And love those analog triggers! Oh wait.
I mean, I don't like the original post, but you do realize that none of those things have anything to do with gameplay (except, in the most roundabout way, the triggers), right?

Wouldn't it have been a better rebuttal to post a reference to a few of your favorite non-Nintendo, gameplay-centric titles instead if engaging in an equally sad return flaming?

On-topic. This doesn't sound like my kind of thing at all, but neither did Hellblade and that's been a huge success for them. Best of luck.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS

I thought Hellblade was the perfect mix considering it was only an 8 hour game?

Dory16

Banned

They don't need to if it's not getting released within the next 2 years,

They sure love making games about mental illness. The funny thing is, I can't imagine anyone who is actually suffering from these conditions wanting to play these games. Sucks enough having to deal with this shit in real life, why have it in your games as well?
Waiting for that Ninja Theory game where you get Cancer.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
So that footage of the stairway was actually in-game footage? That’s mind blowing if true. Series X is going to be an absolute monster spec wise.

Dontero

Banned
This has to be the most out of touch, irresponsible and plain ignorant post I've read in 2020. Like, how daft do you have to be not to understand what something like this can achieve?

Nothing ? It is story told to you healthy person.

Never mind all they accomplished with Hellblade I for people who suffer with mental illness.

It hasn't accomplished anything. People who are mentally ill are still mentally ill.
The reason why we call them mentally ill is because we can't help them otherwise you could get pill and stay in bed for a week to fix yourself.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Nothing ? It is story told to you healthy person.

It hasn't accomplished anything. People who are mentally ill are still mentally ill.
The reason why we call them mentally ill is because we can't help them otherwise you could get pill and stay in bed for a week to fix yourself.
You're an ignorant fucking bloke, aren't ya??

The fuck you mean "nothing??? " Moron! When someone with a mental illness or condition has an outlet by some means or at least knows someone understand what they're going through, that's a first step to recovery! No one wants to feel alone and isolated living with a condition. That's damn near game over.

Or if someone is living with somerhing but are too afraid to talk about it, it can change their entire lives by having someone reach out (in this case a favorite hobby) and say, " I understand". That too can lead to changing a persons life. Saving a persons life.

Maybe yours right though. Obviously you suffer from an acute illness called IGNORANT AF, and there's no hope left for you. Perhaps we all should give up on yo dumb ass too. Idiot!

To assist you with your "mental illness", (because being an ignorant hippo can be bad for your health) I'm prescribing one full year away from gaming forums and a tall glass of STFU twice a day.

WTF is wrong with people??? Jesus.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Reminds me of this in the PS3 area.

foxengine-4f512ff-intro.jpg

The moment the ingame model of the chick comes forwards its a steep downgrade in visual quality for sure. So yea nice render kinda useless tho.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
When was this type of game not good? When Hellblade came out it PT or Silent Hill? Because they are all critically acclaimed. You can’t wish contradictions where they don’t exist.

In all Sony 1st party threads, people always say they are tired of playing "movies". And then they laugh.

They sure love making games about mental illness. The funny thing is, I can't imagine anyone who is actually suffering from these conditions wanting to play these games. Sucks enough having to deal with this shit in real life, why have it in your games as well?

personally I enjoy having my perspective challenged and/or expanded while gaming

first game was a very memorable and thoughtful narrative

Now thats what I call photorealistic.

If that corridor/stairs were featured in a live action movie I dare say 8 out of 10 people would think they real.

Im not the biggest Ninja Theory fan, but I really respect them. You can see they trying things, daring, working their asses. When I feel just staying opened was a struggle more than a couple of times. Kudos.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
In all Sony 1st party threads, people always say they are tired of playing "movies". And then they laugh.
But there aren't many if any movie type games on Xbox so people who only have a Xbox may welcome this type a game. Could be a good addition.

thief183

The fuck you mean "nothing??? " Moron! When someone with a mental illness or condition has an outlet by some means or at least knows someone understand what they're going through, that's a first step to recovery! No one wants to feel alone and isolated living with a condition. That's damn near game over.

Or if someone is living with somerhing but are too afraid to talk about it, it can change their entire lives by having someone reach out (in this case a favorite hobby) and say, " I understand". That too can lead to changing a persons life. Saving a persons life.

Maybe yours right though. Obviously you suffer from an acute illness called IGNORANT AF, and there's no hope left for you. Perhaps we all should give up on yo dumb ass too. Idiot!

To assist you with your "mental illness", (because being an ignorant hippo can be bad for your health) I'm prescribing one full year away from gaming forums and a tall glass of STFU twice a day.

WTF is wrong with people??? Jesus.
Damn you got triggered!!

Dontero

Banned

Me ignorant ? You are ignorant. I live literally with heavy schizophrenic aunt that has maniacal delusions that is under such heavy dosage of drugs that you would be on fucking moon orbit if you would take one of her pill. She 2 times jumped out of window because someone has told her to jump (broke her wrists and leg) and once with knife tried to kill me and my friend who came over until we were able to close doors and wait for help (which caused her direct hospiltalization for nearly 15 years). After that she is back with heavy anti-psychotropic pills and even then once a month she gets in mood where she can literally not sleep for 3 straight days and scream and talk loudly, behave agressive not allowing most of people in house to function normally.

And you think some game will fix that shit.

I am yet to see someone as ignorant as you. You think you can help someone by playing some freaking game.
What is next ? Help poor people in africa by posting on twitter ? Help someone with 50% of their skin burned by not using matches ?

Mental illness like i said is un-treatable, at best you can medicate it. Whatever that game exist or not doesn't change anything.

The arrogance.

Last edited:

Dory16

Banned
Me ignorant ? You are ignorant. I live literally with heavy schizophrenic aunt that has maniacal delusions that is under such heavy dosage of drugs that you would be on fucking moon orbit if you would take one of her pill. She 2 times jumped out of window because someone has told her to jump (broke her wrists and leg) and once with knife tried to kill me and my friend who came over until we were able to close doors and wait for help (which caused her direct hospiltalization for nearly 15 years). After that she is back with heavy anti-psychotropic pills and even then once a month she gets in mood where she can literally not sleep for 3 straight days and scream and talk loudly, behave agressive not allowing most of people in house to function normally.

And you think some game will fix that shit.

I am yet to see someone as ignorant as you. You think you can help someone by playing some freaking game.
What is next ? Help poor people in africa by posting on twitter ? Help someone with 50% of their skin burned by not using matches ?

Mental illness like i said is un-treatable, at best you can medicate it. Whatever that game exist or not doesn't change anything.

The arrogance.

The mods should quickly intervene and de-escalate this exchange which has gone too far. I would suggest a one day thread ban each to allow both posters to cool off. They have both made valid points but this subject is a lot more serious than gaming and deserves the appropriate consideration.

Interestingly though, this outburst is the best illustration of the challenge that Ninja Theory is taking on with the Hellblade series and apparently also with their other next gen projects. How do you make mental illness and psychosis the main subject of a video game without it appearing as a dangerous out of touch gimmick to the people directly affected? I'm sure NT's goal is to raise awareness, remove stigma and provide relief while also entertaining but Dantero's reaction proves that this is more likely to be achieved with people who have the luxury of approaching mental illness from a distance. For those whose daily life is directly mangled by this, it may be more mitigated.

Dontero

Banned
The mods should quickly intervene and de-escalate this exchange which has gone too far. I would suggest a one day thread ban each to allow both posters to cool off. They have both made valid points but this subject is a lot more serious than gaming and deserves the appropriate consideration.

1. Don't assume anything about poster from their posts. You don't have any idea if i am calm or not or he.
2. No topic is too serious to discus anything. You are even worse that that dude because you think better than rest of us what is appropriate to discus and what is not. At least he has his own stupid personal opinion he shared
3. Whatever Hallblade devs will do have absolutely nothing to do state of mental illness of anyone and won't improve or worsen the situation. I am yet to hear about people claiming that killing nazis in COD will improve lives of people who were hurt by nazis.

Dory16

Banned
1. Don't assume anything about poster from their posts. You don't have any idea if i am calm or not or he.
2. No topic is too serious to discus anything. You are even worse that that dude because you think better than rest of us what is appropriate to discus and what is not. At least he has his own stupid personal opinion he shared
3. Whatever Hallblade devs will do have absolutely nothing to do state of mental illness of anyone and won't improve or worsen the situation. I am yet to hear about people claiming that killing nazis in COD will improve lives of people who were hurt by nazis.

I wasn't concerned with either of you guys' inner state. You're right, I don't know it. I know what you've posted though and let's just say that all rules of civility have been thrown overboard. I'm not even saying you are wrong to be writing in that agressive manner, in my opinion it is because a very serious real life topic is being discussed with the same precaution as your average "I love game A, I hate game B" topic, so someone was bound to get triggered.

And at no point am I saying that mental illness shouldn't be discussed, it should. But not like just any other console war gaming topic. What you said about your aunt and family deserves a lot of consideration and it would probably do it more justice to appear in a different section of the forum for more mature conversations. Thanks for sharing it by the way. A lot of people have only come across psychosis because of hellblade. You put a human touch on it and who am i to tell you that Hellblade is part of the solution? I won't. NT thinks it may be, I guess it's their right.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Diversity is key. Sony has more than enough Netflix first person action adventures with rudimentary gameplay, Microsoft not so much.

But there is diversity in Sony's 1st party games. How do you not know this? You belong to a video game message forum.

Journey

Banned
Xbox fans love this kind of games, I remember how they seemed to love the Death Stranding concept and were hyped as fuck for stuff like Until Dawn and David Cage games.

So happy for them.

You sound salty AF!

7e4.jpg

So you're addressing the entire Xbox community based on a few people that were complaining about Death Stranding? WTG!

Top Bottom