• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory New IP Bleeding Edge Trailer Leaked (Spoiler from MS E3 Conference)

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I've honestly never played a melee arena versus game I've ever liked. But this looks interesting. Could be fun.

The character designs are definitely memorable. I'm not a huge fan of them, but they stand out. Even the fat girl character actually seems like a decent design for a fat girl.

I guess it just depends on how the gameplay feels. Could be fun.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks kinda like Dissidia NT's 3v3 combat but... 4v4

ethomaz

Banned
I will receive some backslash for that but...

Looks like it was developed with Gamepass on mind.

PS. Mods added the title Bleeding Edge but I was doing a spoiler free title :D

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I will receive some backslash for that but...

Looks like it was developed with Gamepass on mind.
It actually makes a lot of sense to develop a game like this that's kind of a character action battle arena and put it on Gamepass. A) A huge number of active users will have access to it and B) you can almost treat it like a F2P game in that you can make a lot on the back-end selling loot crates / cosmetics / extra characters / additional stages / whatever.

ethomaz

Banned
It fits well with gamepass, but this clearly had to be in development for a while to be ready this early.
Maybe it was a project before MS brought them... it is just fit gamepass even if it was not developed with that in mind.
The Alpha will be in few weeks so I believe it will release soon.

I was expecting NT to shows something for the next-gen but maybe they have others projects.

It actually makes a lot of sense to develop a game like this that's kind of a character action battle arena and put it on Gamepass. A) A huge number of active users will have access to it and B) you can almost treat it like a F2P game in that you can make a lot on the back-end selling loot crates / cosmetics / extra characters / additional stages / whatever.
Yeap... I see a lot of F2P 4x4 arena games having success on mobile.

Last edited:

jshackles

Youtube uploade

Zannegan

Well, that does absolutely nothing for me.

I hope MS is getting some use out of those Hellblade performance capture tools, because they aren't going to make back their investment with output like this... not at $60 a pop at least.

On the other hand, this is exactly the sort of portfolio filler that will work well with a subscription service. People will give it a shot because, hey, it's all part of the package, so maybe cynic-me is wrong and this will be a big hit. *shrug*

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Well, that does absolutely nothing for me.

I hope MS is getting some use out of those Hellblade performance capture tools, because they aren't going to make back their investment with output like this... not at $60 a pop at least.

On the other hand, this is exactly the sort of portfolio filler that will work well with a subscription service. People will give it a shot because, hey, it's all part of the package, so maybe cynic-me is wrong and this will be a big hit. *shrug*
There's not enough time to get any major game ready for this generation. All that can be expected to be released this fast after acquisition is smaller titles. I'm actually shocked they have anything at all ready for this year.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
I dunno, the aesthetic is kinda turning me off. Rage 2, Borderlands, Jinx from League, bright colors everywhere. Not my thing but I hope people enjoy it.

ethomaz

Banned
There's not enough time to get any major game ready for this generation. All that can be expected to be released this fast after acquisition is smaller titles. I'm actually shocked they have anything at all ready for this year.
Well MS said they will show 14 new titles for Xbox this E3... I expect most new studios to show something.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Already knew what the game was thanks to watching and keeping up with Rand Al Thor and Dealer Gaming's podcasts. As a single player console only gamer, no interest whatsoever in Bleeding Edge. While I know it started development years ago and has nothing to do with Microsoft, the sad part is that since Microsoft is obviously publishing the game, the new acquired studios are already 0 for 1 in regards to games that I actually want to play thus far. Oh well. At least, it's for Xbox One and not next gen. At least next gen should be something from the Hellblade team and more aligned with what appeals to me.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Hmmm idk what to feel whether good or bad. I feel it looks generic like "oh I seen this type of game before"

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Ugh, this looks horrible.

Why not let these studios make the games they WANT to make? Hellblade was cool. Why "Xboxify" them and make them make an online PvP game because you think that's all Xbox gamers want?

If they destroy Obsidian like they destroyed Rare, I'm going to be pissed.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
This is really not what I was expecting to see from Ninja Theory's next game right after Microsoft bought them. I mean clearly this was being developed before the acquisition but it's just not a good look when people were hoping these acquisitions meant Microsoft was putting serious stock into single player experiences. Now one of their higher profile purchases fires off with a team-based hero brawler.

That being said, the aesthetic looks really neat and I'm interested in seeing how the game actually plays out.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Why not let these studios make the games they WANT to make? Hellblade was cool. Why "Xboxify" them and make them make an online PvP game because you think that's all Xbox gamers want?

And who says this isn't what ninja theory wants to make?

Stuart360

This game was supposed to be in development long before Microsoft bought them, so no need for your tiresome schtick.
Not my kind of game though to be fair.

Hayfield

Banned
I hope having single player focused studios making multiplayer games isn't the norm going forward for all these newly purchased studios. But this could just be what ninja theory was planning before they were gobbled up.

Last edited:

Fbh

Looks ok for what it is but I'm not interested.

This just continues to push my bias against subscription services and how they push Devs towards multiplayer and GaaS

Last edited:

ParanoidRED

Banned
The "Makers of: DmC" kinda ruined the trailer for me, didn't feel the need to be reminded of that game's existence

...artstyle seems nice tho

Top Bottom