• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory New IP Bleeding Edge Trailer Leaked (Spoiler from MS E3 Conference)

Gamernyc78

Banned
This thread makes me want to go back and see what half these people were saying about Drawn to Death.

I’m guessing half the people hating on this were optimistic for that.

Played drawn to death for like two days and dropped it, didn't like the aesthetic either. Also dislike Apex aesthetics.

Gamernyc78

Banned
The second project is being done by the Hellblade team.

Niceeeee. I enjoyed Hellblade on PS4 although a bit repetitive. The aesthetics looked awesome and the levels overall were good. This dev imo was a good pick up by Microsoft. I'm looking forward to this hopefully even if it just started production we get a little teaser and I'll be happy.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Niceeeee. I enjoyed Hellblade on PS4 although a bit repetitive. The aesthetics looked awesome and the levels overall were good. This dev imo was a good pick up by Microsoft. I'm looking forward to this hopefully even if it just started production we get a little teaser and I'll be happy.
It was a fun game to play with surround sound headphones, too. I was genuinely impressed at what the team did. And this article shows how talented they really are!

ROMhack

Played drawn to death for like two days and dropped it, didn't like the aesthetic either. Also dislike Apex aesthetics.
Pretty much like single player experience titles...u play them once through and never touch them again.

Game is an interesting concept considering the pedigree the studio has had but I suspect that ninja theory really could of put up anything and people would still take a shit on it because it’s a Microsoft first party title

Looks okay, I guess. Seems like another game designed for Game Pass.
This thread makes me want to go back and see what half these people were saying about Drawn to Death.

I’m guessing half the people hating on this were optimistic for that.
Drawn to Death was a conference closer so it had a little more hype behind it than a leaked cell phone video.

More shitposting

Indeed. Good grief, don't you ever get tired of being such a fucking caricature? But I guess that's what clowns do, clown around.

Every fucking time someone levels criticism against a game that happens to be an Xbox exclusive, your disruptive self is there to put a big old smelly towel of console warfare on it. You're a ridiculous character with a bag full of strawmen and goggles painted with windmills, and with a seemingly non-existent level of self-awareness.

It's okay to be critical of a game even if it happens to be exclusive to a system. I know it seems strange to you, but it's an actual thing. Me, I've never liked an NT game before Hellblade so this is the last thing I wanted to see from them. I also think it looks terrible, irrespective of the system it runs on. Amazing!

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Pretty much like single player experience titles...u play them once through and never touch them again.

Game is an interesting concept considering the pedigree the studio has had but I suspect that ninja theory really could of put up anything and people would still take a shit on it because it’s a Microsoft first party title

Idk tht hasn't been my experience with alot of sp focused games as of last and this gen. I have replayed every single souls/Bourne game at least 3 times and have poured hundreds of hours in them. Sekiro I'm into my second play through. Uncharted I replayed every game multiple times. Spiderman I'm still playing as the world is fun to swing in. If a single player is done well with good production values no reason to just play it once. If anything I have a routine of playing games on hard first and then trying to replay on higher difficulties if the game was good and meaty enough. The single player games "I" tend not to replay are the ones with not enough meat or production value because thy just don't offer anything for me to go back to.

I know your a big Microsoft fan but I don't think on this one ppl are bashing it because it's now a Microsoft exclusive game. Seriously when I first saw it the aesthetics put me off and it looked really generic. I was hoping and expecting another good single player looking game like the last one they did like Hellblade. With all tht said Hellblade wasn't a gane I replayed because although it was good it got repetitive quick and bosses were same old same old so didn't offer me anything to go back to.

Somehow, that doesn't make this direction any less disappointing. And I'm also a little concerned about the talk of several games in development, since NT did its best game when focusing on a limited experience. But maybe they can grow and still put out focused games like Hellblade. This game just feels... wrong, following Hellblade.

What is so wrong with developers wanting a bit of a change of pace? Maybe they want to make something wacky again? And honestly Ninja Theory is quite a diverse studio. They've went from making party games on original xbox all the way to focused dark mature story telling with action games in between and now everyone I'd fucking crying because they're making a multiplayer game? lol

Oh and also the team that made Hellblade you won't see a game from them at least till 2022 or later.

If you are all honestly expecting God tier triple A titles from Microsoft acquisitions this soon then you're in a world of being delusional. Know nothing about game development and do not realize that good and new projects take YEARS. Sit the fuck down, relax and enjoy what you get and look on the bright side. All good things come to those who wait.

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
What is so wrong with developers wanting a bit of a change of pace? Maybe they want to make something wacky again? And honestly Ninja theory is quite a diverse studio. They've went from making party games on original xbox all the way to focused dark nature story telling with action games in between and now everyone I'd fucking crying because they're making a multiplayer game? lol
There's nothing wrong with it other than its not multi platform. Seeing as its exclusive to the Xbox, you get insane posts like MC Hot Bowl of D**** who feels the need to critique anything that isn't on a Nintendo or Sony platform.

The game looks insane! Two days 'till E3. Anymore leaks though and I'm going dark until gameday.

Gamernyc78

Banned
There's nothing wrong with it other than its not multi platform. Seeing as its exclusive to the Xbox, you get insane posts like MC Hot Bowl of D**** who feels the need to critique anything that isn't on a Nintendo or Sony platform.

The game looks insane! Two days 'till E3. Anymore leaks though and I'm going dark until gameday.

Or you get ppl say that others are saying hyperbolic statements like "The game looks insane!" just because it's a Microsoft IP.

Just playing devils advocate. Gavon I'm familiar with your love of Microsoft and that's cool but you need to stop telling ppl they can't criticize what they don't like and claim its because of a bias just because you have this obsession with Microsoft. Your very defensive when it comes to these plastic boxes. This game doesn't look hot at all to me, very generic so let me guess it's because now it's a Microsoft IP? 🤔So why do I think Forza looks dope?🤔

Last edited:
Or you get ppl say that others are saying hyperbolic statements like "The game looks insane!" just because it's a Microsoft IP.

Just playing devils advocate. Gavon I'm familiar with your love of Microsoft and that's cool but you need to stop telling ppl they can't criticize wgat they don't like and claim its because of a bias. Your very defensive when it comes to these plastic boxes. This game doesn't look hot at all to me, very generic so let me guess it's because now it's a Microsoft IP? 🤔So why do I think Forza looks dope?🤔

There is a difference between saying something is generic and then say something like "omg another boring MP game as a service from Microsoft wahhhh!!" I can see how some people may think this game looks generic and wouldn't really blame them.

I personally think it looks very appealing visually. This is also a shit recording. I'd say hold your judgement till you see the full true trailer with sound and gameplay info.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Neogaf before acquisition on any NT game - SHIIIIIIIIT SO GOOD SON. BEST DEVELOPER.
After - LOLOL FUCKING GAMEPASS DESIGNED RUBBISH.

But this was in devel..... I AINT GOT TIME TO READ! TRASH GAME IS TRASH.

I laughed harder then I should have reading this entire thread, I ain't even mad. Not watching but I'll keep my self spoiler free until E3.

Also.

Kung Fu Chaos is the best Ninja Theory game ever, fight me,

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
There is a difference between saying something is generic and then say something like "another boring MP game"

I personally think it looks very appealing visually. This is also a shit recording. I'd say hold your judgement till you see the full true trailer with sound and gameplay info.

OH and my point is no one is wrong. We all have opinions. I'm not going to jump out the window and get all bent just because someone feels a game I find appealing doesn't appeal to them. Some ppl don't like uncharted and say 4 it's too slow paced, (mind you it's a highly rated game) but I don't say they are saying tht because it's an exclusive and even if I thought tht wtf would I care.

CyberPanda

Banned
Neogaf before acquisition on any NT game - SHIIIIIIIIT SO GOOD SON. BEST DEVELOPER.

I laughed harder then I should have reading this entire thread, I ain't even mad. Not watching but I'll keep my self spoiler free until E3.

Also.

I loved Kung Fu Chaos.

demigod

Also.

Why you guys always making shit up? Their games do not score that great on metacritic, I'm not sure where you got that "Best Developer" from.

Gamernyc78

Banned
What? It was a fun multiplayer game, and I remember the press getting triggered by it became it was using stereotypical Asian characters lol. I also loved Heavenly Sword, Hell-blade, and Enslaved. NT is really good with character development in regards to those three games imo.

You must be really excited for Gears right? I know your a big Microsoft fan and love Gears.

To all the people who are saying this is a shit game and Microsoft has ruined Ninja Theory you guys realize this was in development since 2014 right by a different team other than the Hellblade? Once Ninja Theory got acquired the game did change quite a bit but the point is Microsoft had nothing to do with the idea of the game or style at the start of development.
*looks at username and post*

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Or you get ppl say hyperbolic statements are happening from fanboys like "The game looks insane!" just because it's a Microsoft IP.

Just playing devils advocate. Gavon I'm familiar with your love of Microsoft and that's cool but you need to stop telling ppl they can't criticize wgat they don't like and claim its because of a bias. Your very defensive when it comes to these plastic boxes. This game doesn't look hot at all to me, very generic so let me guess it's because now it's a Microsoft IP? 🤔So why do I think Forza looks dope?🤔
Legit, I'll call out BS when I see it. And this type of thing happens far too often and it happens most frequently in positive Xbox threads.

This game looks far from generic. That's about as hyperbolic as you can get. Not to mention you said yourself you aren't a fan of NT games aside from Hellblade (although you mentioned errors within the game that nearly every other SP game is guilty of.. ) so I gotta ask: if you aren't a fan of NT and you aren't really a fan of Xbox, why are you here to offer your criticisms? And dropping Forza was a desperate attempt at best.

There's nothing that can be done right on the platform in your eyes (not to mention many others on this site...) so your critique isn't necessary. Hell, it can't even be trusted.

If Xbox fans had to wait until we got your seal of approval on any Xbox exclusive, we'd all would have to die of old age and be ressurected twice over.

No ones asking for your permission or your constant, pessimistic views when it comes to games on the platform. You ain't feeling it? Fine. Your prerogative. But leave the fans to discuss their interest and excitement of the game without coming in here and telling us were wrong for liking something you don't have a taste for.

When you constantly nitpick and bicker about anything Xbox, you get called out as a troll, even if that isn't your intention.

Don't be surprised when it happens. Simple... I'm done. Enjoy E3... if you can.

Why you guys always making shit up? Their games do not score that great on metacritic, I'm not sure where you got that "Best Developer" from.

Ninja Theory is a very talented developer that is very good st creating new IPs with solid scores for their first entries. Not every developer can pull that off.

80 Is a very decent score

81 Is also a very decent score

86: For a game that's based of completely different company with a reboot

3 completely different types of games, all well received.

You have nothing productive to say or anything to back up your evidence based on your metacritic comment. Now get the fuck out of this thread and go educate yourself before you continue embarrassing yourself. You're mind is too weak for this dear child.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
You must be really excited for Gears right? I know your a big Microsoft fan and love Gears.
I didn’t really like Gears 4, but Gears 5 looks good, but I got turned off by the series a bit after Judgement. Maybe that’s why I didn’t enjoy Gears 4 as much. I dunno. Hopefully Gears 5 pulls me back in, and if it doesn’t I’m not going to bother with the series anymore.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Legit, I'll call out BS when I see it. And this type of thing happens far too often and it happens most frequently in positive Xbox threads.

This game looks far from generic. That's about as hyperbolic as you can get. Not to mention you said yourself you aren't a fan of NT games aside from Hellblade (although you mentioned errors within the game that nearly every other SP game is guilty of.. ) so I gotta ask: if you aren't a fan of NT and you aren't really a fan of Xbox, why are you here to offer your criticisms? And dropping Forza was a desperate attempt at best.

There's nothing that can be done right on the platform in your eyes (not to mention many others on this site...) so your critique isn't necessary. Hell, it can't even be trusted.

If Xbox fans had to wait until we got your seal of approval on any Xbox exclusive, we'd all would have to die of old age and be ressurected twice over.

No ones asking for your permission or your constant, pessimistic views when it comes to games on the platform. You ain't feeling it? Fine. Your prerogative. But leave the fans to discuss their interest and excitement of the game without coming in here and telling us were wrong for liking something you don't have a taste for.

When you constantly nitpick and bicker about anything Xbox, you get called out as a troll, even if that isn't your intention.

Don't be surprised when it happens. Simple... I'm done. Enjoy E3... if you can.

There you go going off on a rant. Wtf did I say I wasn't a fan of Ninja Theory, when I mentioned Ninja Theory I stated it was a good acquisition by Microsoft. Like wtf are you talking about? Your obsession with Microsoft is insane you need to get out with all that conspiracy theory bullshit. Your getting called out on your bs because everytime someone says something about a Microsoft game you get bent out of shape. You live in a vacummed world where you think everyone needs to think like you if not their the enemy. These all all inanimate objects it's not even that serious.

Ima tell you hardly no one was expecting a mp game from them and those aesthetics lately have been saturated in the industry. When I saw it I immediately thought of Apex or borderlands or lawbreakers. Shit looked generic imo but I won't go out my way to tell someone they can't like it. Like bro you need to go out and breathe and BTW please read posts before you start blabbing off wrong shit ppl say because I said nothing you stated.

Why I'm here? Bcus I have an Xbox and am Interested to see what new games catch my attention 🤔smfh stop telling ppl what they can and cannot like you coming off ultra instinct fanboy. Shit looks like trash wrap to me and others, case closed. Feel how you feel. I didn't defend street fighter v when ppl said it was half a game 🤔

Last edited:

demigod

Ninja Theory is a very talented developer that is very good st creating new IPs with solid scores for their first entries. Not every developer can pull that off.

80 Is a very decent score

81 Is also a very decent score

86: For a game that's based of completely different company with a reboot

3 completely different types of games, all well received.

You have nothing productive to say or anything to back up your evidence based on your metacritic comment. Now get the fuck out of this thread and go educate yourself before you continue embarrassing yourself. You're mind is too weak for this dear child.

You might want to educate yourself. An 80 in review is average nowadays. Ninja Theory is nowhere close to being "Best Developer".

You might want to educate yourself. An 80 in review is average nowadays. Ninja Theory is nowhere close to being "Best Developer".

Holy fuck. You are dumb as a brick - 80 is an average score? 😂😂😂😂 an average score is between 65 to 75. Not gonna continue arguing with you. You are too stupid. An average score is what Days Gone has been receiving and it's far from 80s.

If 80 is an average score according to you. Then 90 must be somewhat above average right and 100 is like actually good as opposed to a near masterpiece like Last of Us or Bloodborne. I think you need to change your name to Demi_Dumb fits you better my friend.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
According to Metacritic, 80 and above is in the ‘green’ category which is considered good, and above average. On Opencritic, anything above 80 is considered a ‘strong’ release. Anything above 90 is considered ‘mighty’. :)

Mattyp

Gold Member
OH dear super fan you know exactly what I'm implying 😂

You seen the post, it's either a fight to K.O in the schoolyard now or in Kung Fu Chaos to defend its honour it's your choice :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ninja Theory is nowhere close to being "Best Developer".

My over the top exageration of both sides of that post must of flown over your head, they're a GREAT developer. But by far and away by no means the "Best Developer" in existence. The same as everyone being negative here wasn't jumping on the THIS IS GAMEPASS RUBBISH comment either, there was some useful feedback. My full on sense of humour might be a bit much but when I can only relay it with text.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
You seen the post, it's either a fight to K.O in the schoolyard now or in Kung Fu Chaos to defend its honour it's your choice :messenger_tears_of_joy:

My over the top exageration of both sides of that post must of flown over your head, they're a GREAT developer. But by far and away by no means the "Best Developer" in existence. The same as everyone being negative here wasn't jumping on the THIS IS GAMEPASS RUBBISH comment either, there was some useful feedback. My full on sense of humour might be a bit much but when I can only relay it with text sometimes.

Matty lol you win bro. Nah I'm dead ass excited for Microsoft conference though. Smh thy just revealed the from soft game too I'm sure probably was going to debut on Microsoft stage smh.

Terenty

Im not a sony fanboy at all, but damn why Microsoft exclusive output is so shit? I mean Sony's output is mostly shit too, but Microsoft isnt even trying

According to Metacritic, 80 and above is in the ‘green’ category which is considered good, and above average. On Opencritic, anything above 80 is considered a ‘strong’ release. Anything above 90 is considered ‘mighty’. :)

Thanks for giving him the education, but I am afraid Demidumb has gone too far now. It's dead Jim.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Smh thy just revealed the from soft game too I'm sure probably was going to debut on Microsoft stage smh.

Think we need to just stay off 4chan, reddit and opening any of the thread titles where you know there will be instant spoilers. Going to hold off until tomorrow opening anything riskay and finally enjoy this one now I'm in a timezone not requiring getting up at 3am to watch.

Im not a sony fanboy at all, but damn why Microsoft exclusive output is so shit? I mean Sony's output is mostly shit too, but Microsoft isnt even trying

Please exit the thread, and the forum as a whole. Unless this is poor sarcasm, then by all means continue.

Lol, it was because of a Namco security breach. Someone is definitely getting fired.

This is where it all starts going pearshaped sadly as everything is readied to be deployed to youtube and the press immediately after the conference :(

thelastword

Banned
Anyone who thinks, that Ninja theory just came out of the blue, with such an idea for a game, have not been paying attention for the last minute...….Ninja Theory had issues finding publishers, they decided that they should change the formula......They went on to self publish Hellblade way below 10 million and initially had the intention of offering the game in chapters like hitman, but they changed their mind and the game was delayed and they streamlined the game into a single package....

It's been a while since Tameem had been searching for financial backing, I'm pretty sure they spoke to many publishers......Sony was not going the exclusive route with them clearly after they gave them 20 million for Heavenly Sword, that is clear as Sony even let Quantic Dream have free reign after Detroit or Supermassive after Until Dawn.....

The point is, Ninja Theory was having talks with MS for a long time, deals don't just materialize overnight.....They had good talks and everything was promising and both parties knew that's where this would end up......NT had to tie certain things up and from there they've been working on a smoother transition to an MS takeover......You think MS would not communicate what type of games they were looking forward to whilst having these talks? Games that would help their gamepass service? If you want MS to buy you out, you better work on something MP, it's part of their schtick....MS has a highly MP/LIVE/DUDEBRO type motif, it's their DNA....So of course MS influenced this game.....A studio that has never done an MP game before?

It's the same with Darrell Gallagher, you think, he didn't know he would end up at MS, he was working towards that years before the shift, had these TR deals with MS all these years, you think that was just for shits and giggles...? Now he is the boss of The Initiative....Obviously he had somethings to tie up at his old studios, maybe some contracts or obligations, but such things don't just materialize overnight......So to say MS had no say or influence in Ninja Theory's new game is really a stroll down naivety lane...

SamFo

So like

Halo
Gears
Forza
?

Never thought people on GAF would actually encourage MS to create ‘less’ goofy stuff

Codes 208

E3 is an exciting time of year. Hot, salty, sour, spicy, lukewarm, and bittersweet. Enough to make the most seasoned chef 'mwah with approval.

Let's tone down the personal attacks and overly sensitive aggression and enjoy the show(s).

Now... I'm hungry!
Not gonna lie, I read the first paragraph in dunkey’s voice.

manfestival

Not entirely sure why people are hating on this game so hard. It doesn't seem THAT bad. I am open to the game. Not sold on it but I am willing to give it a chance

Top Bottom