• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 1st party Software Sales on Consoles in Japan (N64, GC, and Wii U)

narton

The N64 should've been really more popular in Japan. All its game prices were 0!

On topic though. This sales data boggles my mind even further than Wii U N64 virtual console isn't ready yet.

jholmes

I didn't realize Hyrule Warriors was whupping Wind Waker that badly.

It's depressing how many great games are at the bottom of those lists.

Wait Kuririn Squash! did that badly. I know I got it for cheap and all but it really deserved better.

But worse than Odama (why did I think this was going to be the expensive instead of Chibi Robo?) which can be forgiven for being released in 2006.

Where is F-Zero X on N64?

It did less then 33.530 units in Japan? :(
OPs list is missing loads of games (see also Pokemon games on the Gamecube being absent despite all selling hundred of thousands). IIRC F-Zero X sold comparably to F-Zero GX.

Mory Dunz

Wait Kuririn Squash! did that badly. I know I got it for cheap and all but it really deserved better.

But worse than Odama (why did I think this was going to be the expensive instead of Chibi Robo?) which can .

OPs list is missing loads of games (see also Pokemon games on the Gamecube being absent despite all selling hundred of thousands). IIRC F-Zero X sold comparably to F-Zero GX.

I read this as Obama and laughed.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Added the Wii data btw.

Would assume Prime 3 is somewhere around the sales numbers of 1/2. Doesn't surprise me though that once Retro took the lead on Metroid/DK, the numbers just flat out bombed in Japan for any game made by them. Hint
Retro is a Western studio
. This chart kinda makes certain things clear however about how console games in general do in Japan even when so many of them are marketed much more in their own country than they are here.

DKCR sold almost 1 million copies. Even the port on 3DS sold about 300K. Wouldn't say it was Retro's fault.

It's kind of amazing how you have to go to I think the 8th best selling Nintendo home console title before it's on any system but the Wii

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
It's kind of amazing how you have to go to I think the 8th best selling Nintendo home console title before it's on any system but the Wii

Haha yeh I guess. Keep in mind exactly where the best selling PS3 title (FF13) would be as well. Then again Super Mario Kart sold like 3.5M on the SNES right (its best selling title in Japan)? That's only beaten by the Wii & DS versions, which is ridiculous. What an amazing start to a great series.

narton

Did Aquamarine have a chart of Nintendo's sales before that, that listed some of the higher sold games and console numbers? I'd like to see that again for comparison.

Oh that was just hardware shipped. I did find an article that was referenced for some other ones, wikipedia uses it as a source, unsure about the accuracy but it's fun to compare. http://www.the-magicbox.com/Chart-JPPlatinum.shtml

How did Kung-Fu sell so many units?

Top Bottom