• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 2016 Fiscal Year Earnings Release: Targeting 10 million Switches this f-year

TLZ

Banned
Damn... Zelda.... BTW.. So 10M for FY17 so that means FY16=2.7M+FY17=10 = 12.7M By March 2018? And some says that's conservative...Fuck.. Thats really close to WiiU LTD.

Dude forget the Wii U. No point comparing to a flop.

Let's compare it to their successful machines.

One big thing that jumped out at me from the results briefing is that the majority of Switch owners are in their 20s to 30s, which actually reflects how Nintendo has been marketing it from the beginning. I wonder if this means we'll see more titles meant to cater to that age, like titles reminiscent of N64 or Gamecube titles (like Mario Odyssey being similar to 64).

Also were there any tweets or tidbits about the Q&A? I haven't been able to find anything about that.

Gradivus

Been dropping stuff into google translate, and I get the feeling Kimishima is hinting heavily at being able to increase production above the 10 million units should the demand be there. I can see it being necessary, so I hope they follow through in time.

Do you mean this quote?
当期は、Nintendo Switch の出荷を 1,000 万台計画していますので、それ以上の数量の生産を行う準備を進めています

It pretty much means that while they've got 10 million units planned for the current fiscal year, if there's more demand they'll produce more.

Top Bottom