• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Announced: New 3D handheld (no glasses!), reveal @ E3, out by March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
2dlu2xv.jpg

Dambrosi

Banned
Sentry said:
That would be a pretty ingenious use of the '3DS' title, but I doubt it unfortunately (just unpractical imo).
Yeah, I agree. The thing having just one 3D screen is more probable than 3. Although the hiimdaisy 4koma edit is funny.

Here's a wild thought - what if 3DS was iOS4 compatible?

Dambrosi

Banned
V_Ben said:
For what it's worth, Sankaku Complex has a "leaked photo" of the device itself. Take with biggest pinch of salt ever.

1z3z8g2.jpg

Link (For God's Sake NSFW):
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/06/13/purported-nintendo-3ds-photo-leaked/
Christ, the top screen isn't even lined up correctly. :lol

Loved the one with eleven buttons (maybe more - how many shoulders?) and an eight-way D-pad.

*clicks on KissxSis story*

.....Oh GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bummyhead

AceBandage said:
In order to allow this, Nintendo would have to create their own syncing program (similar to iTunes or WMP) and I doubt they would.

How exactly would that be hard? You say that like it would be a huge undertaking and present a hardship for Nintendo. Huh?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
E3 pictures trickling in and absolutely no Nintendo branding or games anywhere.

BAH

VOOK said:
E3 pictures trickling in and absolutely no Nintendo branding or games anywhere.

BAH

Why do they need it?
I mean, they can't put up adds to Zelda or Xenoblade or LS yet, if they haven't even announced them.

gumshoe

Banned
If I were Nintendo, I would put up the booth during the conference (no leaks) and it would be done by the next day (assuming that the official hands on day is on wednesday)

ILikeFeet said:
gat damn. less than 3 days. argh the wait is excruciating!

It's weird to think that in just a few days we'll know all about on the 3DS. It still feels to me like some far off thing that we're not going to be seeing for years, even though we're just days away from seeing it.

GDGF

Soothsayer
ILikeFeet said:
gat damn. less than 3 days. argh the wait is excruciating!

I'm going to spend the time between now and then watching The Wizard on repeat.

wizard-lucas.jpg

(well, maybe not the whole time...)

OnPoint

GDGF said:
I'm going to spend the time between now and then watching The Wizard on repeat.

wizard-lucas.jpg

(well, maybe not the whole time...)

I give you props if you can do two times in a row. One will be enough, take it from someone who watched it recently

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
KuwabaraTheMan said:
It's weird to think that in just a few days we'll know all about on the 3DS. It still feels to me like some far off thing that we're not going to be seeing for years, even though we're just days away from seeing it.
I feel the same way. But then I realize that after seeing it, I'll have to wait for a good eternity to play it.

:/

I'm pretty ignorant, but do you think you have to hold the 3DS at a specific angle to see the 3D image? If the 3DS has a gyroscope, wouldn't tilt games ruin that image?

OnPoint

KuwabaraTheMan said:

So what you're saying is we only have several more days to stir up crazy rumors, right?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Surgeon Rocket said:
I feel the same way. But then I realize that after seeing it, I'll have to wait for a good eternity to play it.

:/
pretty much. if somebody thought they were impatient now, just wait till after e3 when they'll have to wait for months till 3DS is available.

also, none of us will see the whole stereoscopy hoopla till the thing is in the store :/

Crumpet Trumpet said:
I'm pretty ignorant, but do you think you have to hold the 3DS at a specific angle to see the 3D image? If the 3DS has a gyroscope, wouldn't tilt games ruin that image?

There will be a limited viewing angle for 3D, yes, though, it shouldn't be a problem for the most part.
As for tilting, obviously any time that tilting is needed, 3D won't be.

goomba

Banned
Crumpet Trumpet said:

Bloody good question... just wait.

Dambrosi

Banned
neoanarch said:
http://i46.tinypic.com/rrp6ix_th.jpg

I was confused for a second I was wondering how the top screen was suppose to stretch out.

I doubt its going to be three screens, I'd love design that allowed the top screen to be folded all the way back. But the 3d screen probably won't have touch and 3d.
The Sharp-made 3D screen posited was supposed to be a touchscreen as well (I dunno if multitouch, though), and I dunno if they even make non-touchscreen ones (seems like a waste).

Dambrosi said:
The Sharp-made 3D screen posited was supposed to be a touchscreen as well (I dunno if multitouch, though), and I dunno if they even make non-touchscreen ones (seems like a waste).

maybe it has a two way hinge. That would allow for super simple iphone styled games to put put on the system with ease...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom