• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011 - Sept 13, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Pupi18 said:
Well how many copies did Wave Race: Blue Storm sold?

If it did well I guess there shouldn't be a problem.

Checked some sites of Sales and it didn't reached 100K or so it seems. -_-

Wasn't blue storm, more or less a remake of the n64 game? I bought it for the GCN but I remember not enjoying it nearly as much as I did on the 64.

I'd be happy to play another wave race though, there's tons of potential still.

Peru

Wasn't a remake, no. Mechanics-wise I thought Blue Storm was jet-skiing perfected, but it lacked in terms of presentation, modes and so on.

[Nintex] said:
I'm going to set my expectations low

- F-Zero 3D
- New Zelda
- Sin & Punishment 3
- Advance Wars 3DS
- Kirby 3 Doodles
- Metroid Prime Third Dimension
- Final Fantasy 3DS
- Zone of the Enders 3DZ
- Sonic 3D Adventure
- TimeSplitters 3DS
- Pokemon Grey
- Donkey Kong Country 3D
- Baten Kaitos 3
- Golden Sun 4
- Mario Tennis 3D
- 2D Castlevania
- 2D Metroid
- Metal Gear Solid 3 Day Strike
- Deus Ex Remake
- Crysis 3D
- Unreal Tournament 3D

whoa whoa whoa buddy

New Legend of Zelda (2D game)

There much better.

wsippel

Banned
BDGAME said:
I expect 1 or 2 new Nintendo's, a New Capcom's and maybe a new Konami's game. The rest is about updates from 3DS (like a option to film and share videos in 3D) and for eshop (like the entrance of NES in virtual console).

I believe the it is very realistic prospection.
I think there'll be more than that. Nintendo knows they have to go all out, especially in Japan, and I expect them to do just that. Three titles won't cut it, not even if one of them is Monster Hunter. Not to mention there's still the issue with the supposed last minute cancelation of several big announcements at E3.

Last time it happened they had announced 5-6 new titles for a console, Wii for example, so who knows. Surely they have to promote the already-known games-

Peru

wsippel said:
I think there'll be more than that. Nintendo knows they have to go all out, especially in Japan, and I expect them to do just that.

They really don't have to. The big move was slashing the price. The sales have picked up despite no titles, and then you've got the one-two punch of Mario + Mario Kart before the holiday season.

Takao

Banned
Winnie the Pimp said:
wait so who came up with this second nub nonsense anyway? is there ANY real basis for this speculation or is it just stupid talk?

those french guys

01net

Spiegel

wsippel said:
There were several. It was mentioned in two episodes of Invisible Walls, right before and shortly after E3, for example. And then there were other rumors hinting at the same thing (like this one: Mercury Steam teasing Contra 3DS, Contra E3 teaser trailer -> no announcement).

Contra 3D doesn't mean Contra 3DS. It means Contra jumping from two dimensions (sidescroller) to three dimensions.

I do think Cox is possibly working on a 3DS version of this new Contra.

wsippel

Banned
Spiegel said:
Contra 3D doesn't mean Contra 3DS. It means Contra jumping from two dimensions (sidescroller) to three dimensions.

I do think Cox is possibly working on a 3DS version of this new Contra.
Sorry, posted the wrong rumor. There was another one which originated at a conference in Spain (where Mercury Steam did a presentation) where the platform was hinted at.

Spiegel

wsippel said:
Sorry, posted the wrong rumor. There was another one which originated at a conference in Spain (where Mercury Steam did a presentation) where the platform was hinted at.

If you can read the reports in spanish 3DS was never hinted by Mercury Steam. Some MS developers (not representing Mercury Steam) went to the Global Game Jam and showed a 3D demo of a PC game and that's it.

The news report says "among those attending the event there was a rumor that MS is already working with 3DS"

I can't tell how reliable that rumor is.

Neiteio

*Neiteo skitters in on all fours, like a human spider*

Wave Race?

*clambers up Spiegel's back and makes a nest in his/her hair*

Wave Race!

Crazy for want of Wave Race, Nintendo!

Futureman

Wave Race would be awesome. I absolutely loved the GC version, bought it at launch with Monkey Ball and my purple Cube.

3D jet skiing with the water droplets spraying up on the screen could be cool.

It'd be awesome surely, but it's not something you can call big, in terms of sales or success; Nintendo has proposed very niche games lately, such as Sin and Punishment 2 anyway.

Instro

Fantastical said:
I've never heard of this rumor.
The jist of it was: Nintendo ended up not having 3rd parties show any WiiU games for various reasons, semi-confirmed by Relic when they said that they were not allowed to show the WiiU version of Darksiders 2 at E3.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Instro said:
The jist of it was: Nintendo ended up not having 3rd parties show any WiiU games for various reasons, semi-confirmed by Relic when they said that they were not allowed to show the WiiU version of Darksiders 2 at E3.
That's not about 3DS.

I missed his reply anyways, and it didn't convince me that Nintendo cancelled announcements at the last minute.

Takao

Banned
If MHTG and Medarot 3D is show at this thing, this may just be one of the worst days I've seen in a while. A) because it'll sink a platform I've been interested in for a long time from a company who looks like their making an effort to push things forwards, B) because I'll never get to play Medarot 3D since lord knows it won't be localized and 3DS is region-locked.

So I probably won't be watching this thing due to fears of bitter tears.

Wave Race isn't at the top of my list for Nintendo franchises, but I'd certainly pick it up if they released it. Seems like the perfect title to play in 2D because if the 3D gives you any crosstalk even for a second, you're liable to smack into a pier.

watershed

Banned
Takao said:
If MHTG and Medarot 3D is show at this thing, this may just be one of the worst days I've seen in a while. A) because it'll sink a platform I've been interested in for a long time from a company who looks like their making an effort to push things forwards, B) because I'll never get to play Medarot 3D since lord knows it won't be localized and 3DS is region-locked.

So I probably won't be watching this thing due to fears of bitter tears.
You seem to be really down today. Was it the DQX announcement that hurt you?

wsippel

Banned
Instro said:
No, that's not what I was talking about. It was said on Invisible Walls that Nintendo had lots of cool E3 announcements to make (there was no platform mentioned) right before the conference, then the week after that, the same guys wondered why the stuff they knew existed wasn't revealed.

Takao

Banned
artwalknoon said:
You seem to be really down today. Was it the DQX announcement that hurt you?

I don't like Dragon Quest (or even Monster Hunter) but the importance of the rumors about DQX being true makes other things look credible.

Anyways, I guess I'm ready for a September 13 avatar change:

GW2kx.png

Maybe I'll photoshop a helghast soldier, or like Sackboy for the place where the skull is. Who knows.

watershed

Banned
Takao said:
I don't like Dragon Quest (or even Monster Hunter) but the importance of the rumors about DQX being true makes other things look credible.
While I think vita has a perception issue/market viability issue

If Sony handles it correctly with some realistic expectations I think the vita could do quite well. On one hand it can have portable experiences that the 3ds simply cannot replicate, not only due to controls and graphics but also a superior online experience. And on the other it can be a hopefully cheap way for 3rd parties to make more games using the same hd assets they've already developed for console titles.

BurntPork

Banned
Takao said:

Anyways, I guess I'm ready for a September 13 avatar change:

GW2kx.png

Maybe I'll photoshop a helghast soldier, or like Sackboy for the place where the skull is. Who knows.
Oh please. Vita will be fine. 3DS probably won't even ever get another MH after that due to Sony throwing money at Capcom. Stop being so dramatic.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
BurntPork said:
Oh please. Vita will be fine. 3DS probably won't even ever get another MH after that due to Sony throwing money at Capcom. Stop being so dramatic.

Said by the man who talked multiple times about 3DS being dropped entirely from the market after Holidays?
Oh wow

TheNatural

My Member!
Mpl90 said:
Said by the man who talked multiple times about 3DS being dropped entirely from the market after Holidays?
Oh wow

LOL BurntPork telling someone not to be dramatic. That's hilarious.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Maybe they're both the same amount of crazy. Consider that.

Though i've seen burntpork make some good points before

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
InsaneZero said:
That's crazy.

You're crazy.
Wait, wait, I wasn't finished.

it went:
"Though i've seen burntpork make some good points before...only for him to totally undo those points with some rubbish post right after"

Takao

Banned
nckillthegrimace said:
I never noticed it before, but Bulma's forehead is enormous.

Her hair styles changes so often that later on you can't really tell, lol. But yeah, enormous foreheads make sense given this is her husband:

SKTuO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom