• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011 - Sept 13, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackano

Extremely big title remember? Mach Rider? Even Kid Icarus wasn't for sure an extremely big title.
Beside Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, Pokémon and Zelda, I don' tknow what else it can be.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Nuclear Muffin said:
It does fit with a previous announcement rumour that Monolith are set to show a game that is the 3rd in a series for 3DS (the only 2 possible candidates are Baten Kaitos and Super Robot Wars)
I imagine that's why he included it with this rumor... To make it sound more believable.

I won't believe it until I see it.

Takao

Banned
Jackano said:
Extremely big title remember? Mach Rider? Even Kid Icarus wasn't for sure an extremely big title.
Beside Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, Pokémon and Zelda, I don' tknow what else it can be.

The 4Chan posts mentions Monster Hunter as the big game ...

AceBandage said:
No no no.
Monolith is obviously making the third StarTropics for the 3DS.
Pikmin 3, Sin & punishment 3. Believe.
I wouldn't want Monolith near either of those...would be interesting...but a bit too different

Gravijah said:
I think sprite based battles are on borrowed time, which makes me really sad. It's not much longer now until they are gone.
At least the GS Pokemon will no longer have N64 polygon models, right?

monome

80€ price drop is big enough until mario land and kart arrive.

WiiU is a riskier project with Microsoft and Sony in the game.

3ds will be successful for nintendo in the end

I don't expect much from the conference : new colors/bundles, MH game, Jp studios games. No Zelda, no Metroid, no Pokemon (except spin off).

Or they go crazy and Horii comes with a 3DS saying DQX is for all platforms and cross compatible

Morokh

monome said:
Or they go crazy and Horii comes with a 3DS saying DQX is for all platforms and cross compatible

at that point that would be the only thing raising my interest in that DQ game xD

Jackano

Captain N said:
Final Fantasy VII! Calling it now.

image.php

With new artstyle?

Joke aside, I must admit, I'm feeling it too. That's a big bet, but after all, the 3DS already have the long awaited revival of Kid Icarus, and a remake for the best game of all time, Ocarina 3D. If a system can do it it may be this one. And if this comes true, Shenmue is the last one in the 90's decade magic trio, FFVII-OoT-Shemue.

Jackano said:
And if this comes true, Shenmue is the last one in the 90's decade magic trio, FFVII-OoT-Shemue.
*checks* Haha, Shenmue's Japanese release was December 29, 1999. Just barely squeezes in there.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Come on, there's literally no chance a FFVII updated port or remake will ever come to a Nintendo console. I would like it, but no.

Takao?! TAKAAOOOO !

Also I still have a hard time thinking of an unannounced title for 3ds that would be "big". I mean i don't think it could be Pokemon grey/ remake . Probably will just end up being Monster Hunter. But i really hope something on my list is announce.....-sobs-

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
OH GOD TAKAOOOOOOOOO
QUICK
SOMEONE BUY A MEDAROT SOMETHING TO COMMEMORATE HIM

Boney

Banned
Jinfash said:
I see Sammy Something is banned as well. World balance is still intact.
Wonder what happened, sucks that you can't see the ban messages from dudes and how long the ban is.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Boney said:
Wonder what happened, sucks that you can't see the ban messages from dudes and how long the ban is.
Sucks that both had to be banned before the 13th/TGS. I bet it feels like missing prom night to them.

Boney

Banned
Jinfash said:
Sucks that both had to be banned before the 13th/TGS. I bet it feels like missing prom night to them.
If monster hunter is announced, the gif Sammy would've posted would've been amazing.

Spiegel

Boney said:

I suppose the two of them were banned because Takao was whining too much and Sammy was overly excited about the possibility of MH on 3DS.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
(not my ban) but it's worth noting that we do often prune off people who seem a little overly emotionally invested in stuff before big conferences like E3 or TGS/Nintendo in order to minimize the number of meltdowns and rage flameouts.

especially if they are people sniping at each other :p

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
AbsoluteZero said:
I want this just for the delicious, delicious fanboy tears.

That would be outstanding.
Internet would not work for days.
Work offices completely paralized...

Boney

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
(not my ban) but it's worth noting that we do often prune off people who seem a little overly emotionally invested in stuff before big conferences like E3 or TGS/Nintendo in order to minimize the number of meltdowns and rage flameouts.

why would you do this!

If they want titles that help, they need to be international, not just for Japan and a few fans... They need to announce a Pokemon game or something else...

Stumpokapow said:

Wouldn't it feel more rewarding to ban them after the meltdown? :(

Not sure what Nintendo will reveal here, but from the way Iwata was talking about FPS games at E3, the next Wii U unveiling could include Shigeru Miyamoto's "I Told you F*%$ers I Could Make Halo if I Felt Like It."

I'd say we're no more than a year from the announcement of Pokemon Shiny Ruby and Sparkly Sapphire.

Jorok Goldblade said:
Not sure what Nintendo will reveal here, but from the way Iwata was talking about FPS games at E3, the next Wii U unveiling could include Shigeru Miyamoto's "I Told you F*%$ers I Could Make Halo if I Felt Like It."

I'd say we're no more than a year from the announcement of Pokemon Shiny Ruby and Sparkly Sapphire.
he wanted to make OoT first person, and he did make MP first person, so I won't be surprised if we get a new first-person IP from miyamoto

Truth101

Banned
Stumpokapow said:

minority_report04.jpg

Fantastical

Death Prophet
walking fiend said:
he wanted to make OoT first person, and he did make MP first person, so I won't be surprised if we get a new first-person IP from miyamoto
First person swimming game confirmed.

wrowa

Nuclear Muffin said:
It does fit with a previous announcement rumour that Monolith are set to show a game that is the 3rd in a series for 3DS (the only 2 possible candidates are Baten Kaitos and Super Robot Wars.
That rumour was confirmed fake by Finalfantasydog.

Desiato said:
I just want them to announce Majora's Mask already.
Um...I'm pretty sure Majora's Mask was announced in like 1999 or so...:p

Anywayz: can't wait for the conference! Hopefully I'm still living here when it comes on and not somewhere is with no internet...

I hope they announce Final Fantasy XV (heh thats unlikely but ya hever know...), Majora's Mask3D, original Zelda, new 2d 16 bit Mario game,Alltp 3D Classic, the other 5 GBA games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess 3DS versions (haha of all the ones this is the most unlikely), Mario Sunshine 3D,Megaman Legends 3 not cancelled,Mario Party 3D ansychronous and/or real time online.

Um thats all I could think off the top of my head. Iknow I aint asking for much or anything so it should all be true.

Latest round of supposed leaks, originally from (I guess) someone on 2ch, via esuteru (link NSFW). It sounds mostly plausible and consistent with the late-July round of rumors, but of course, grain of salt. (edit based on translation from Policenaut on the SA forums follows, hat tips to Somnid and rpmurphy):

Monster Hunter exclusive for 3DS, supports online play.
A Yoshi side scroller for 3DS, developed by Good-Feel.
New game from WarioWare team.
Etrian Odyssey 3DS
Hatsune Miku 3DS, contains all songs from Project DIVA 1 and 2.
Grasshopper Manufacture developing Silver Case sequel/remake for 3DS.
Presentation on eShop demos; Super Mario Land 3D will have a downloadable demo.
The "new project" from Alchemist, the famous visual novel company, is an entirely new "moe mystery" for 3DS.
Ace Attorney 5, will supposedly include an Edgeworth scenario. AA: Investigations being phased in to main series?

Here's the original Japanese text, in the event any of the above was mistranslated:

任天堂カンファレンスリーク

・MHの新作が3DS独占で発表。オンラインプレイ対応。
・グッドフィールの新作が発表。ヨッシーの横スクロール系。
・世界樹の迷宮の新作が発表。
・初音ミクの音ゲーが発表。セガ開発。曲は全てボーカロイド。
・シルバー事件3DS発表。DSで開発中の物を3DSへシフト。
・メイドインワリオスタッフの新作発表。
・3DSのソフトの体験版配信について発表。マリオランド3D等を配信。・四つの剣配信日発表。無料配信を予定
・アルケミストの新作が発表。オリジナルADV。萌えキャラが出る推理物。
・逆転裁判5新作。シナリオは逆転検事の人。

Additional edit: There's something about God Eater for Vita alongside the above, so this would all become a bit more credible if that's in the Famitsu leakage tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom