• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

lol I just bought the 3dsxl and FE today, guess I'll have to wait til after this to open it, really hoping for a better color :/

Zenaku

Eh, post again?

Nintendo Japan website has a 9 minute video of Iwata apologizing for the stock problems for AC, and explaining why/offering alternatives (download version).

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/info/movie.html

Basically, the game requires a larger space for save data than any other 3DS game, and needs to use a special type of ROM (SLC-NAND) to save the data to quickly. It's more expensive than MLC-NAND (which is used by all other 3DS games), faster and lasts a lot longer (about 10-20x as many writes). It's because the game uses this type of ROM that they can't just use cartridges from other games.

Problems with creating these cartridges may also have a hand in AC not being available worldwide; they can't even create enough for Japan let alone other regions.

Basically, I wouldn't count on a date for AC just yet.

GameE

Why are people talking about a japanese ND when there isnt one? They have always been announced by now havent they?

I'm honestly just hoping for more 3DS XL colors in NA. After all the announcements last Direct I'm good. More screens and video will be cool, but I'm not really expecting nothing new.

I think its just release dates and localization announcements, no megatons, I already got mine in the last direct, MonolithSoft <3

fates

Well now, this is interesting.

I've been saying in the threads for it that I think a Dragon Quest VII translation is highly unlikely given the sheer amount of translations that would have to be put into it. I doubt either Square Enix (especially them, as they are now) or Nintendo would want to risk that.

However, I'd gladly find a crow and eat it if they can deliver.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
220px-US_Navy_020811-N-6817C-007_USS_Abraham_Lincoln_(CVN_72)_pipe-patching_techniques_during_a_%5Elsquo,Damage_Control_Fair%5Ersquo.jpg

W101, Pikmin 3 release dates is all I'm asking for

stuminus3

Banned
My prediction is that this is going to be a public beheading of Yves Guillemot. Nintendo finally going "M" rated.

I'd settle for a Pikmin 3 release date.

If there's no Japanese Direct, then it could probably mean localization titles being announced for the West. Which means good news.

That is my hope.

Fantasy Life. Bravely Default. DQVII. All need to be localized in the west. Nintendo needs to give me a reason to not sell my 3DS after I beat Luigi's Mansion next month.

Good, now Cheese can stop complaining.

I don't think he was the one really complaining, everyone else was, haha. That said, there usually is a NA/EU thread as well as a JP thread, so they could both be open. That's up to the mods, I guess.
Edit: For some reason, I thought there was a Japanese one...

That aside... Go HarmoKnight! Surprise us with a Feb. release!

With Iwata seemingly not at GDC to announce the new handheld Zelda as we've seen for Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass, could we maybe see it here? Oh god I hope so! Timing's about right.

HYPE!! Maybe some news on SMT X Fire Emblem? Animal Crossing New Leaf release date? 3DS Zelda announcement? New Starfox? New Rayman Legends demo? Wii U third party game announcements? Trailers for Yoshi? More info for Super Smash Bros. 4?

I am too hyped. I am only expecting one of these things to happen. lol

Forkball

Let's think of the most disappointing things that could happen:

Five minute discussion about 3DS sales
Five minute recap on games currently available for 3DS
Five minute discussion about unreleased games we already know are coming
Pokemon mentioned but no new info
Direct ends with 1:30s Luigi's Mansion trailer

Linkhero1

Haha, this will most likely happen.

This is what we all should hope for, only for in the end all of us to be surprised from the awesome announcements!

Jackano

GAF > Cheesemeister > GAF.

I don't except Wii U news except for maybe a summary of what is available those days (Tank Tank Tank and Zen Pinball 2 freebies).

Like I said in the other thread, it's Valentine so the pink 3DS XL will be here.

Top Bottom