• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

NCL has announced a presentation by Satoru Iwata today, Feb. 14th at 11 pm Japan Time, covering new information on Nintendo 3DS titles. Specifically, Luigi's Mansion 2, as the presentation has been re-dubbed "Nintendo 3DS Direct Luigi special 2013.2.14". It will run for about 20 minutes.

When does it start in my time zone? Click this link for worldwide times.

Where can I watch the Japanese presentation? Right here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/direct20130214/index.html

I will be providing live translations here in the OP and on my Twitter feed, @Cheesemeister3k.

23:00 The presentation has begun. Iwata is, as expected, wearing a Luigi hat. Luigi first appeared in Mario Bros. on July 14th, 1983, the very day before the Famicom was released on the 15th.
23:01 This year, 2013, is Luigi's 30th anniversary, making this the Year of Luigi.
23:03 Luigi finally earned a starring role in Luigi's Mansion. Miyamoto appears w/ vacuum! Iwata hands Miyamoto a Luigi hat, making them the Luigi Bros. Miyamoto introduces Luigi's Mansion 2.
23:05 You can really see the depth in the rooms. He explores the dark with a flashlight. Enjoy the different environments in the game. The vacuum is powered-up; vacuum things.
23:06 Try using the vacuum in lots of different ways. Dark light allows you to uncover secrets.
23:07 Luigi explores lots of different, individual buildings. They each have unique features. You have to use different techniques to capture the ghosts. Boo and many others appear.
23:09 "Obaken" is a ghost dog that steals a bone, and you have to chase him down. Comic horror.
23:10 4P all-Luigi co-op in Terror, Hunter, Climber, Chaser Towers. Local, DL, Internet play. March 20th, 4800 yen.
23:11 Next game! Luigi is sleeping peacefully. Let's bother him. Do you know what this is?
23:12 It's the next game in the Mario & Luigi RPG series, which takes place in Luigi's dream. Mario & Luigi RPG 4: Dream Adventure. Summer 2013.
23:13 The next title in the Mario Golf series also includes Luigi. Normal and gimmick courses. Mario Golf: World Tour. Developed by Camelot. Summer 2013.
23:14 New Super Mario Bros. U file select screen seen with a New Super Luigi U icon. New adventure starring Luigi.
23:15 New Super Luigi U to be made available for download at a later date this year.
23:16 Band Brothers now. Band Brothers 3DS can also play the over 9000 tracks from the DS version, now under prep.
23:17 Zelda update now. Miiverse has communities for released titles, but not unreleased. Miiverse community for The Legend of Zelda series to be opened. Official Aonuma Mii.
23:19 Donkey Kong Returns 3D under development. Screenshots now. eShop video. Summer 2013, retail and download.
23:20 Today's Nintendo Direct was international, but for Japan, an additional 3DS Nintendo Direct for third-parties is set for next week! Thank you for watching! The presentation is now over.

NOA has announced a presentation tomorrow, Feb. 14th at 9 am Eastern, 6 am Pacific, covering future Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles. It will run for about 37 minutes.

Where can I watch the US presentation? Right here: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct

23:00 Iwata appears wearing a Luigi hat to introduce Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Miyamoto describes the game. March 24th.
23:09 Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. Summer 2013.
23:11 Mario Golf: World Tour. Summer 2013.
23:12 New Super Luigi U DLC for New Super Mario Bros. U coming this year.
23:14 The Legend of Zelda series community on Miiverse.
23:15 Bill Trinen speaks. Fire Emblem: Awakening free DLC through March 6th, after which prices will be applied.
23:18 Animal Crossing: New Leaf June 9th. New, undisclosed feature for the North American release.
23:21 Style Savvy: Trendsetters 3DS.
23:22 Lego City Undercover Wii U March 18th, 3DS April 21st.
23:23 Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. New free costume update on the way, with ninja missions.
23:23 Wii Street U now available in the eShop.
23:24 HarmoKnight 3DS by Game Freak played with jump and hit actions aligned to the music. Pokemon bonus tracks. March 28th, demo on March 14th.
23:26 Kersploosh on March 7th. Mario & DK: Minis on the Move coming soon to eShop. Rolling Western: The Last Ranger sequel.
23:28 Recruit sidekicks and plan strategies. April 11th.
23:30 GBC games Harvest Moon and Legend of the River King coming to 3DS Virtual Console.
Free download of Super Mario 3D Land, Freakyforms Deluxe, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone, Prof. Layton and the Miracle Mask, or Star Fox 64 3D w/ purchase and registration of a 3DS XL and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. Runs March 21st to April 30th.
Nintendo 3DS eShop games on sale: Bit.Trip Saga for $9.99 starting 2/14, Crashmo for $5.99 starting 2/21, Fractured Soul for $7.99 starting 2/28, Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword for $4.99 starting 3/7, Ketzal's Corridors for $4.99 starting 3/14, and Mutant Mudds for $5.99 starting 3/21.
See ddp.nintendo.com for Wii U premium discounts.
23:31 ZombiU Wii U set available Feb. 17th for $389.99.
23:32 Bit.Trip Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien in February. Zen Pinball 2 free download, DLC table trials, also in February. Toki Tori 2 in March, supports off-TV play, level editor.
23:34 March 5: Castlevania LOS Mirror of Fate 3DS March 5th. Demo on eShop Feb. 28th. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U/3DS March 19th. Demo Feb. 21st. Need for Speed: Most Wanted Wii U March 19th.
23:35 Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Wii U on March 26th. April 16th: Injustice: Gods Among Us, a DC Comics fighting game @ 60 fps, DLC.
23:37 Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D this summer in North America, too. 3D trailer in the eShop. The presentation is now over.

NOE has announced a presentation by Satoru Iwata and Shibata tomorrow, Feb. 14th at 3 pm CET (simultaneous with NOA), covering future Nintendo 3DS titles.

Where can I watch it? Right here: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

Nintendo's Youtube Channel has one private video in their "Nintendo Direct" playlist, and three in their "Nintendo 3DS" playlist. There are no private videos in the Wii U playlist.

Using this on the videos, I can tell that the three videos in the 3DS playlist are for FE:A, LEGO City Undercover, and AC:NL (change the number on the links to 1-3 for thumbnails). The one in the ND playlist is for tomorrow's ND I guess. This is the preview image I get for the ND video:

0.jpg

The above private videos have since been taken down.

Kouriozan

All I want is Harmo Knight + Luigi's Mansion + Fire Emblem + Animal Crossing release date.
Also, Bravely Default with DQ 7/10 localization.
Add to that some MEGATONS and it'll be nearly perfect.

Bullza2o

If there's no Japanese Direct, then it could probably mean localization titles being announced for the West. Which means good news.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Cheesemeister's ND threads are the OT

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm confused. Why is the NOA covering both Wii U and 3DS future titles, but the others are only 3DS?

That seems odd to me!

I'm betting 3DS will see game announcements, and Wii U will see a few release dates.

I'm really confused about the times and what each are about, I mean why would the EU direct be later and 3DS only, why is NA earlier with both? Will JP be just Wii U 3rd-party?

Top Bottom