• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.21 - 8 pm Japan Time (11 am GMT, 6 am EST)

NCL has announced a presentation by Satoru Iwata today, Feb. 21st at 8 pm Japan Time, covering new information on 3rd-party Nintendo 3DS titles.

When does it start in my time zone? Click this link for worldwide times.

Where can I watch the Japanese presentation? Right here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/direct20130221/index.html

I'm planning on providing live translations here in the OP and on my Twitter feed, @Cheesemeister3k.

20:00 The presentation has begun. We see a small town with apartments. Iwata walks in. Iwata in Tomodachi Collection: New Life shows off his Nintendo-themed game room.
20:01 This'll mostly be about 3rd-party games, but starting w/ Nintendo's Tomodachi Collection.
20:02 Tomodachi Collection is a communication game in which you interact with friends' Miis.
20:03 The DS version had lots of scenarios and generated good reactions. Here are some of them.
20:05 The 3DS version expands upon the DS version, incl. StreetPass, SpotPass. Set personality traits.
20:06 More info to follow closer to release. Tomodachi Collection: New Life, 4/18, 4800 yen.
20:07 Zelda: Oracles of Seasons and Ages coming to Virtual Console 2/27, 600 yen each. Get one Oracle game for 500 yen or both for 1000 yen through March 20th.
20:08 Shawn the Sheep 3D movie available following presentation in 3 parts, 200 yen each, part 1 at a special price of 100 yen. Set to continue through part 5.
20:09 Prof. Layton and the A. Civilization now. The theme is a mystery-solving world tour. Visit towns in different climates. New characters added with famous voice actors. Over 500 new puzzles including daily DL puzzles for a year. 2/28, 5500 yen packaged, 5000 yen download. Miracle Mask Plus on sale as a 3000 yen download.
20:10 Ghost World Watch from Level 5 now. You're a boy named Keita, who meets various kinds of cute ghosts.
20:12 Touch Detective: Nameko Multiplies, a popular smartphone app, comes to 3DS from Success. Match, eliminate tiles. Lots of different modes. Download play. Nameko Multiplies, 2/28, 3990 yen.
20:13 Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission from Bandai-Namco now. Create a team of 5 characters w/ cards.
20:14 Voice acting. All arcade version missions included. Story mode. Multiplayer mode. StreetPass. Camera "scouter." QR codes.
20:15 Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission, 2/28, 5800 yen.
20:16 Super Robot Wars UX from Bandai-Namco now. New characters debuting. Full voice acting by famous actors.
20:17 Super Robot Wars UX, 3/14, 7140 yen package/download. Special ed. 3DS LL pack same day.
20:18 Castlevania: LOS is a 2D-style sidescroller. Gain new skills as level increases. Stars Trevor Belmont, Alucard, Simon, etc. 3/20, 4980 yen package/download.
20:19 Guild 02 from Level 5 being released as 3 seperate download titles.
20:20 Game designer Asano Kazuya and novelist Takemaru Abiko present suspense-adventure Spaceship Damray. Keiji Inafune presents Insect Tank in which you try to survive while fighting insects in a bug-sized tank. Kazu Ayabe from Millennium Kitchen presents Monsters' Friday, in which you as a child witness rubber suit monsters of the Showa era fighting each other.
20:22 Atlus trailer now. In an Eastern nation, a young boy becomes a samurai. It's you.
20:24 Fight demons with demons summoned from your computer wristband. Shin Megami Tensei IV.
20:25 Orthodox RPG gameplay. Over 400 types of demons. Talk to and befriend demons who have different personalities. Fuse demons into unique new demons.
20:26 Shin Megami Tensei IV 5/23, 6980 yen. Special ed. 3DS LL pack same day.
20:27 Users have wanted to play Monster Hunter Tri 3G online, enabled through the Wii U today. Downloadable packet relay tool requires a wired LAN adapter for the Wii U, limited to 1P per Wii U, for up to 4 players. Details here.
20:28 Monster Hunter 4 trailer now. Summer 2013.
20:31 3D movies for 3 games on eShop following presentation.
20:32 Dragon Quest X beta on Wii U starting 3/6. Version 1.3 update on 3/5, video with details on eShop, Nintendo's site following presentation.
20:33 The presentation is now over. Thanks for following!

Can't wait for those live translations, cheese.

Nintendo needs some hefty announcements at this conference. Its lineup so far is a bit sparse in Japan.

MrDaravon

Nintendo not fucking around apparently lol.

Man, it's been way too long since a new launch cycle; already loving it.

Chanser

t1361444400z4.png

Ondore

Just expecting confirmation of the SMTIV date. Anything else is... well, not really cream cheese because there's a not-insignificant chance it doesn't come West.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I always feel bad for the guys who actually post the first thread about a Nintendo Direct, only to have their glory ripped from them by Mr Cheese here after the fact.

TreIII

In a case like this, I think I'll just settle for seeing recaps when I wake up at 8. I need sleep.

That said, I'll hope for at least one surprise announcement.

Dammit, Capcom, make with the Megaman 3DS game already!

AzaK

Sorry to be rude, but fuck the 3DS. Nintendo you need to sort out Wii U, pronto. You need to be having non stop Wii U directs to show us what you are doing about the situation. The 3DS is fine.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Reposting for the official topic.

BDFF 2, Before Crisis Remake, Type 0 International pls (redeem yourself Square)

All Japan onry

And show Treasure 3DS game and Dragon Marked for Death.

Soriku

Sorry to be rude, but fuck the 3DS. Nintendo you need to sort out Wii U, pronto. You need to be having non stop Wii U directs to show us what you are doing about the situation. The 3DS is fine.

The 3DS doesn't have that much third-party wise announced for this year. This is absolutely necessary.

Plus they can't announce what they don't have for Wii U anyway.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Iwata: "Final Fantasy 3DS marks a new beginning for Square Enix and Nintendo. From now on Nintendo systems will be getting Final Fantasy games 3 months before everyone else. Please understand. Thank you."

Galang

Banned
They surely must have something big for the Japanese audience to be doing it now. They usually announce these at 9AM and today they waited until after the PS4 conference finished.

Interesting..

No reason for me not to be hyped for these anymore (at least for now). The last two delivered when I was expecting nothing

Top Bottom