• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.21 - 8 pm Japan Time (11 am GMT, 6 am EST)

Watching the presentation right. Is it just me, or does Castlevania look totally unappealing? And I'm a series fan, from NES to Iga. SMT IV looks incredible. Hopefully Atlus USA can release it in the US by November.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Did they put out any information on miracle mask plus since last night? Is it going to be an improvement over the western release?

Watching the presentation right. Is it just me, or does Castlevania look totally unappealing? And I'm a series fan, from NES to Iga. SMT IV looks incredible. Hopefully Atlus USA can release it in the US by November.

Castlevania looks like shit, but everything Mercury Steam does has been crap. I really hope we get SMT4 this year!

Ramune

I saw this as Nintendo's response to the recent Vita presentation in that "3DS has games coming out in the next month too, and remember, we gots the Monsta Hunta!" kinda deal. The fact that it was right after Sony's PS4 reveal probably only matters in Japan.

Both handhelds have some great games coming, so hope they meet success, especially Vita.

Fritz

wait dragon quest X wii u beta for US or JP only????

tumblr_lpzg6qGDxy1qcs1kh.gif

Shaanyboi

Banned
Yeah, nothing there for me to really care about. Not that I had high expectations for this Direct. They had two killer ND's in a row though, so whatever.

Skyzard

Banned
Want to play your handheld game online? BEST OWN A DEDICATED HOME CONSOLE TOO.

That's how to gouge them Nintendo. Make people suckle from Iwatas teat.

That's why I'm not bothering with smash bros for 3DS. I'm sure it will still be fun but no mp no buy (since I'm lacking a 3DS). Shit if psp could do it why isn't Nintendo with the 3DS. This is the sort of crap that put me off in the first place.

That's why I'm not bothering with smash bros for 3DS. I'm sure it will still be fun but no mp no buy (since I'm lacking a 3DS). Shit if psp could do it why isn't Nintendo with the 3DS. This is the sort of crap that put me off in the first place.

What makes you think it won't have multiplayer?

Luigi's Mansion 2, of all games, has online multiplayer.

zroid

Banned
I would be extremely surprised if either version of SSB4 doesn't have online multi. Sakurai is officially onboard with (good) online multiplayer since Kid Icarus. SSB should be no different.

TDLink

What? Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart 7, and Kid Icarus Uprising (at least) all support online multiplayer. The system is more than capable of it. Monster Hunter 4 will also have it. It is pretty obvious they purposely left it out of Monster Hunter 3G/U because they want to push sales of the Wii U version. It has nothing to do with the 3DS' capabilities.

I would be pretty surprised if Smash Bros. doesn't have it too.

DaBoss

MH4 has online multiplayer. MH3U for the 3DS didn't have online in Japan. It would be more work for the 3DS version which is unnecessary. Really, you're taking something unrelated and making baseless accusations especially taking in a game that is known for multiplayer, Smash Bros.

D-e-f-

Banned

Err, you guys know that the 3DS is fully capable of online multiplayer, right? The "lol Nintendo" spiel has no place here. This is a Capcom game, they didn't put in online MP.

MH4 has online multiplayer. MH3U for the 3DS didn't have online in Japan. It would be more work for the 3DS version which is unnecessary. Really, you're taking something unrelated and making baseless accusations especially taking in a game that is known for multiplayer, Smash Bros.

What? Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart 7, and Kid Icarus Uprising (at least) all support online multiplayer. The system is more than capable of it. Monster Hunter 4 will also have it. It is pretty obvious they purposely left it out of Monster Hunter 3G/U because they want to push sales of the Wii U version. It has nothing to do with the 3DS' capabilities.

I would be pretty surprised if Smash Bros. doesn't have it too.

What makes you think it won't have multiplayer?

Luigi's Mansion 2, of all games, has online multiplayer.

Guys...Skyzard.

73V3N

Banned

What?

Skyzard

Banned
Err, you guys know that the 3DS is fully capable of online multiplayer, right? The "lol Nintendo" spiel has no place here. This is a Capcom game, they didn't put in online MP.

Guys...Skyzard.

No honestly thought the game wasn't having online MP, it's the main game I'm looking forward to with the 3DS.

Ok thanks guys not sure why I thought it wasn't getting it. It might have just been because of monster hunter 3. Thought it was turning off wifi for power like the vita does with some games.

Skyzard

Banned
No, now I remember, they said Smash Bros on 3DS was having more of a SP focus right? ... ?

Sure they say focus...but everyone seems pretty confident it will still have mp after that? Maybe I'm misremembering.

If it has Wii U support with online I'd be set - just for the quick matches and not hanging out in lobbies. Maybe find out at E3 I guess.

I would be extremely surprised if either version of SSB4 doesn't have online multi. Sakurai is officially onboard with (good) online multiplayer since Kid Icarus. SSB should be no different.

Online netcode is a lot easier for a shooter than it is for a fighting game, which pretty much needs instantaneous pixel-perfect accuracy. Shooters with travelling bullets allow for much more predictive models to take over.

I play Call of Duty, and they still have netcode that has all sorts of problems with lag and lag compensation. It's playable, but that's the biggest online franchise going. My hopes are not high for Smash Bros.

Roo

Online netcode is a lot easier for a shooter than it is for a fighting game, which pretty much needs instantaneous pixel-perfect accuracy. Shooters with travelling bullets allow for much more predictive models to take over.

I play Call of Duty, and they still have netcode that has all sorts of problems with lag and lag compensation. It's playable, but that's the biggest online franchise going. My hopes are not high for Smash Bros.

Whatever it takes to keep us away from this shit

Brawl's online/netcode was a nightmare
totally unbearable -.-

Top Bottom