• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS European Launch

Omikaru

I saw a blue one in the flesh, and I really didn't like it. Then again, I'm not fond of blue hardware in general. If they'd made a lime green one, I'd have been all over that (though I doubt many others would have). As it stands, I went with black just to play it safe.

Maffis said:
Yes, I believe the preliminary release month is June.
Fantastic. Should give me enough time to complete Pokémon Black, 999 and The World Ends With You.

Hopefully the complaints about the DS games looking awful isn't as bad as people are saying. If it is, I may wind up picking up Ghost Recon or Pilotwings.

cbrotherson said:
Zavvi sent me my 3DS this morning (didnt bother ordering any games) so it's charging next to me now. Hang tight :)

Ridge Racer (3DS) [Games 3DS] Despatched :)

Still waiting for:
10306037-1295022345-233000.jpg

Also why would I want a black 3DS? Vanilla DS Lite times are long over.

Mine just arrived. Blue represent! Looks hot, I have no idea how people can hate on it.

No games for me either yet, they're all in my rental queue and I'll head to the shops tomorrow and grab SF4 probably.

Donnie

Amazon still have my 3DS as "not yet dispatched" while my game and screen protectors are "dispatching soon".

Amazon better f***ing get this too me by tomorrow or I'm not going to be happy!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Donnie said:
Amazon still have my 3DS as "not yet dispatched" while my game and screen protectors are "dispatching soon".

I'm in this boat too. I will cry, cry bitter bitter tears if my games arrive tomorrow and no 3DS.

I guess they MUST be sending games and systems from either different warehouses, or sufficiently independent parts of the same warehouse or something. This would explain why a lot of orders are getting split.

Omikaru

Donnie said:

gofreak said:
I'm in this boat too. I will cry, cry bitter bitter tears if my games arrive tomorrow and no 3DS.

I guess they MUST be sending games and systems from either different warehouses, or sufficiently independent parts of the same warehouse or something. This would explain why a lot of orders are getting split.

My order page says "Dispatching Soon", and I only pre-ordered mine last Saturday. I don't know when you guys ordered, but if it was before then, it'd totally suck if mine was shipped/arrived before yours.

Hope it all works out for the both of you.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
As hope fades....does anyone know if DPD do Saturday delivery? :/

If they don't, I'll have wasted a good bit of money on this delivery option. Standard or first class post would have got it to me by next week anyway.

MLH

Omikaru said:
My order page says "Dispatching Soon", and I only pre-ordered mine last Saturday. I don't know when you guys ordered, but if it was before then, it'd totally suck if mine was shipped/arrived before yours.

Hope it all works out for the both of you.
What the hell Amazon?! I pre-ordered on 19th January and my 3DS still says "Not yet dispatched" but my games have changed to "Dispatching Soon".
You've got 'till 12 Amazon.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
MLH said:
What the hell Amazon?! I pre-ordered on 19th January and my 3DS still says "Not yet dispatched" but my games have changed to "Dispatching Soon".
You've got 'till 12 Amazon.

Yeah, it's a bit bad. I ordered mine much later than you, but before the 19th. Obviously they're not going through a queue.

If mine doesn't get to me by Saturday I'll be asking for a refund on my shipping cost.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mafro said:
My Tesco Entertainment order arrived.
Lucky.
Phoned home to check but still not here and my parents are about to leave on holiday.

Oh but the game arrived. :S

Plasma

Banned
So I fired up PES and went straight into edit mode and started changing all the team names to what they should be, kind of disappointed there isn't a kit or emblem editor included though.

Gah! I'm gonna have to wait till midnight to get mine! Best thing however is that I only paid £10 for my 3DS due to having like £210 worth of vouchers that could be used at HMV!

Neckbeard69

Neo Member
Gonna get mine tomorrow from an old brick and mortar store round the corner.

Still ain't too sure about what game to get.
Pilotwings seems to short.
I am rather crap at SFIV (although I am eager to train with a handheld version)

And am I right that Steel Diver is not part of the launch lineup?

Anyone have some impressions about Lego Star Wars?

System update adds a new channel to the main menu, the 3D Video channel, where you can watch fireworks, a bear eating a fish, people skydiving, etc.

This probably isn't the right place for it, but I'm already feeling lonely and so:

Friend Code: 4468-0950-2817

spritex

I shuffled my preorders with Amazon.co.uk a few times and my final order was at 21 Mar 2011.

Now my Black 3DS is "Dispatching Soon"!

Ghost Recon, executive case and screen protectors got separated to their own shipment it seems - they are still "Not Yet Dispatched".

I am not complaining...

P.S. I originally had a preorder of just the 3DS from local Gamestop here in Helsinki. I confirmed their price early this week, and since it was still 290 euros for just the console, I naturally canceled. The whole package of 3DS + Ghost Recon + case + screen protectors got to be less than 250 euros incl. the free postage from Amazon.

Peru

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
System update adds a new channel to the main menu, the 3D Video channel, where you can watch fireworks, a bear eating a fish, people skydiving, etc.

Nice, was hoping for a little bonus like that hearing that Japan got it. Hopefully we'll get more content as the weeks go by.

Dabookerman said:
Did all you tesco guys get it from TNT?
Yes and if you ordered a game with it it should come in the same box (if the game and console are under the same order number).

I'm charging it now but it's so sloooooow. And it only comes with 1 stylus. Cheap asses.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
one of mine has ben delivered to home! shame I'm at work :( again major kudos to iwoot.com for honouring their £167 price. Amazing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well according to TNT, it is on its way. :S

Either I hope that it arrives after I come home or a neighbour can take it. Maybe I should leave early...

Donnie

gofreak said:
Yeah, it's a bit bad. I ordered mine much later than you, but before the 19th. Obviously they're not going through a queue.

If mine doesn't get to me by Saturday I'll be asking for a refund on my shipping cost.

If mine doesn't arrive by Friday morning I'll be going out to see if I can buy one in a store. I don't see why I should wait for Amazon when I pre-ordered, paid for one day delivery and was promised delivery on the 25th.

farnham

Banned
Got this email from AMAZON.co.uk

Hello xxx,

Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.uk.

Please be informed that when you choose the option to "Group my items into as few shipments as possible," we make every effort to comply with your request. However, we have several fulfilment centers around the country, and not all of the items we offer are stocked at all of our fulfilment centers.

To fill your order as quickly and efficiently as possible, we decided to split your order into two packages so that we could take advantage of the items in stock at different fulfilment centers.

The two package will be delivered separately by the date listed in your account.

I have checked your order #xxxxxxx and I am pleased to confirm that Shipment #2 (aka the shipment with the 3ds games) has already entered the dispatch process however and we are still waiting for the item in Shipment #1 (aka the shipment with the 3DS system) to be delivered to us by our supplier.

We still expect to deliver your order by the date listed in Your Account: March 26, 2011 - March 28, 2011

We would make sure that the order is dispatched and delivered before the dates specified.

Once your order is dispatched from our Fulfilment Centre you'll receive an e-mail confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.

Please contact us (by visiting the following link) if you do not receive your e-mail confirmation by March 25, 2011 and we will investigate:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/email

To confirm the status of your order, or view estimated delivery dates, please visit Your Account at the top of any page on our website or use the following URL:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account/

I hope this helps.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at amazon.co.uk

Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/survey?p=A24QC4C3JXXEO2&k=hy

If no please click here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/survey?p=A24QC4C3JXXEO2&k=hn

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.
To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our website: http://www.amazon.co.uk/help

Warmest regards,

Amazon.co.uk
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:

This probably isn't the right place for it, but I'm already feeling lonely and so:

Friend Code: 4468-0950-2817

Feeling lonely? Here's my code: 4167 - 4472 - 3804

Might come online in an hour or so for some online Street Fighter.

Britprog

I won two tickets to the Nintendo 3DS VIP Launch Event event at Old Billingsgate in London which starts at 7pm tonight!!! Getting really hyped for it now!!

Haven't got a preorder for a 3DS but the closer it gets to launch the more I want, might pop in to the 24 hour Tesco on the way back from the event, the £175 Tecso price point seems decent

Been playing Super Street Fighter IV and Pilotwings.
Manual of SSFIV is awesome, full of colour and fat, just as I like them. Thank god fonr Nintendo bring it in here (although I wanted the 3D boxart :( ).
Im a starter with Street Fighter (played SFII and SSFII on super nes when I was small and beat with two characters arcade in SFIV in PC) and Im not very good.
But I could beat yesterday the arcade mode with Guile and Vega, and Seth in normal. I remember Seth giving me a VERY hard time in SFIV (and I played that game in easy) but in this game I could beat it not easy, but it was not as difficult, have they toned it down? (it was more difficult to beat Ryu nearly at the end of the arcade path with Vega than Seth, fuck the hadoken spamming the cpu does). Also played fast fight in online, one with a spanish (becuase of the name) and the other with a japanese. It really works great, no lag and it connects very fast. The first time it was a guy woth Blanka spamming the rolling attack, he one the first one and I won the second one. The next fight with the japanese, he had lots of player points already and he beat the shit of me.

Great game, I really love the music, particularly in the rival stage (of course, the classic melodies are simply awesome) much better than vanilla SFIV shitty soundtrack and shitty commentator. The graphics and the 3D are incredible. There are even achievements.

Pilotwings is not easy guys. Well, its easy to beat the game, and very fast. But thats not what Pilotwings consist. Three stars is relatively easy, but the perfect score 3 red stars is difficult, in some missions REALLY difficult (when you see you score at the end sometimes you will ask how the heck is possible to do it perfect). Thats how you play pilotwings, trying to get the perfect score in all missions, and that feels great.
Music is REALLY good, reminds me of SimCity music.

moozoom said:
They translated Ghost trick, but it was so full of spelling mistakes that I switched back to english soon after the beginning of the game... But that won't be a problem for most of the people, the errors in the translation were the same I see everyday in dozens of tweets and facebook posts.

Nintendo translated Ghost Trick. At least in Spain, and we didnt had hear any spelling mistakes. Which country are you talking about?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Britprog said:
I won two tickets to the Nintendo 3DS VIP Launch Event event at Old Billingsgate in London which starts at 7pm tonight!!! Getting really hyped for it now!!

Haven't got a preorder for a 3DS but the closer it gets to launch the more I want, might pop in to the 24 hour Tesco on the way back from the event, the £175 Tecso price point seems decent
I work just south of London Bridge so I could have easily made it if I had known about it. Then again, loud music isn't my cup of tea.

Best launch event I remember is the GBASP one. It was in a small building just off Oxford Street and hardly anyone was there. The entrance had a stack of GBAs to play but downstrais was an exhibition of Nintendo history and pockets (yes really). A bit arty farty since it was during the period when NoE really had no clue what their image was. Wish they did something like that again.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
farnham said:
Got this email from AMAZON.co.uk

however and we are still waiting for the item in Shipment #1 (aka the shipment with the 3DS system) to be delivered to us by our supplier.

WTF?

I hope that's a mix-up. If not it suggests they didn't actually have enough stock to fill all their day one orders?

Mine still has a dispatch estimate for today but now I'm worried :|

Woffls

Poole Service Centre - Out for Delivery - 24/03/11 - 09:10

:D Poole is about half an hour from here, and DHL are pretty good. Just a case of how many stops there are in between :(

[Nintex]

Oh wow, Ridge Racer 3D is sold out and may hold back my shipment till whenever. I also forgot to bring my cellphone to work... so I can't call and cancel Ridge Racer.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That Brown Guy said:
For those that have their 3DS, check this:

http://twitter.com/#!/onm_uk/status/50871008709722112
Why would I want the Mii of Chris from ONM?

We should have a Mii sharing thread now since I'm sure a lot of Gaffers have some good ones on their Wii that they've been dying to share.

These are deadly hours now. No one at home that I know of and more people getting their 3DSs from TNT. Please arrive at 5pm TNT, please!

dyergram

Well looks like shop to f'd my order up since the tracking number dosnt work and TNT haven't got anything out for del for me :(

BTW Theres a 3DS UPDATE today for europe

Consists in a 3D 1:30 minutes video of people skydiving, fireworks, animals...
Its really neat. 3D works better depending on the scene of the video.

Top Bottom