• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS European Launch

Picked mine up today in Game ( I know ) in Belfast. Had no trouble with stock, pickedthe Aqua blue console with Ridge Racer and Pilot Wings. Was worried I wouldn't "see" the 3D but I have to say, it's pretty awesome! Pilot Wings looks great, thanks mostly to Gafs hype after disappointing reviews..

dock

nofi said:
I got Rabbits 3D to review, it definitely doesn't even FIT in a DS... =)
It's a shame that there aren't some 3DS enhanced games, rather than being a 3DS only game. I loved the transition 'black cartridge' games on Gameboy Color, for example.

I cannot seem to get the music player to work. I placed some mp3s in the SD card but I don't know how to access them. In the sound app I can only record my voice. Help?

Super Street Fighter IV maybe the most technically proficient game on the 3DS, but Ridge Racer has proven to be my far and away favorite.

Rock solid gameplay, fun, tons of content and stuff to unlock (though almost none of it is new if you're a diehard fan of the series), and takes you a long time to beat. Really feels like I got my money's worth.

It's funnest and most addictive game game on the 3DS imo. I can't wait for the NGP version.

Amalthea

Banned
Anastacio said:
Wasn't Rabbids 3D supposed to be out at March 31st?
We're already selling it here at the store I work at.

Speaking of Ubi Soft-games in general; diarrhea comes out whenever it wants to.

caligula13

Gold Member
i bought Rabbids 3D today. Played the first 5 levels. i like the game. the graphics are good and the 3d effect is nice. the game is more on the easy side but that is exactly what i want.

grumpy said:
It most definitely works on my system, euro 3ds with stock iPhone 3G headphones.
1 click for pause/resume, 2 clicks for rewind, 3 clicks for ff. What doesn't work is the 2-3 click & hold to speed through a song.
Nice will be getting me a pair of 1 click remotes then (hate apple headphones, just don't fit at all in my ears).

meppi said:
Not surprising, Belgium is a real shithole when it comes to gaming.

For instance, last time I checked only 42 copies of Sin And Punishment 2 sold here and had any online rankings. :-/
Found out quite a few of those facts over the years.

Seems like all they play in this crappy thing they want to make us think is a country, is bro-games. yuk.

Only reason there are so many Wii's and DSes out there over here is due to piracy.
Every single person who I've met and have talked about games with, besides my closest friends, always recommend me to mod my Wii or buy an R4.
When I tell them I don't care for those and actually buy my games, they look at me like I'm a retard and don't know what to say anymore.
Buch of morons. :mad:
Well you got Iraq beat for longest time without a proper government ;-). I did get my first streetpass in Brussels though (it was a Belgian too, his greeting was Hellouw!)

FoxSpirit

Played with a 3DS 2 days ago. The 3D effect at full just was a massive pain but at 50% it was great. Screen itself is also beautiful, no complaints.

Played Ridge Racer... graphics were nice and clean but meh. Oh, and 3D certainly doesn't add natural Anti-Aliasing of any kind.

Nice device, short battery life, region lock. Will get later when those two issues are fixed.

Finally got my machine. Two questions.

1. Should I just charge the battery whenever I feel like it, or should I always try to do full charges/recharges?

2. How useful are screen protectors? Is the touch screen very easy to scratch? (I usually take good care of my stuff)

schennmu said:

1. Should I just charge the battery whenever I feel like it, or should I always try to do full charges/recharges?
From what I've gathered it's better to charge it whenever, rather than waiting for it to run out and then do a full charge.

schennmu said:

2. How useful are screen protectors? Is the touch screen very easy to scratch? (I usually take good care of my stuff)
Not exactly in a hurry to scratch mine up but if it is anything like the DS screens it should be fine in careful hands.

Finally using mine (thanks Amazon!)

PMbKb.jpg

GO TEAM!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how is super monkey ball? Havent' seen an official thread for it which doesn't instill a huge amount of confidence, but its only £22.99 on Play.com for today and I'm tempted.

Also curious about star wars

Majine said:
Thinking of picking up Ridge Racer, but I've heard some worrying info.

In my opinion (2 hours played), it is Ridge Racer. There is nothing wrong with it, expect that it is still Ridge Racer and not much has changed in the past years.

I was planning to buy a 3DS in a couple of months, during summer or so, hoping there'd be more interesting games available by then.

But plans have slightly changed thanks to all of those 3DS threads around here, so thanks guys. :D I'll be picking up the blue 3DS tomorrow; PilotWings will be mine in a few hours. Nintendogs will probably follow during the next week. Seems a nice way to introduce my gf to the new handheld.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough. :)

Why did I buy Street Fighter? I'm terrible at it and have been for 15 years. :| I can't beat it on Very Easy mode even with one-round battles.

I'm an idiot for letting reviews choose my games.

besiktas1

Android18a said:
Why did I buy Street Fighter? I'm terrible at it and have been for 15 years. :| I can't beat it on Very Easy mode even with one-round battles.

I'm an idiot for letting reviews choose my games.
Send it my waaaaaay...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
whats 'mild violence' about the console itself? surely not the streepass quest? or is it for mild violence to your eyes..

looks like a pal one in the bottom left, two AUS ones?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Mild violence is StreetPass Quest as far as I'm aware.

Clockwise from top left: Japanese Black, Aussie Blue, Aussie Black, US Blue.

Gravijah

mrklaw said:
whats 'mild violence' about the console itself? surely not the streepass quest? or is it for mild violence to your eyes..

looks like a pal one in the bottom left, two AUS ones?

I guess it's Face Raiders? Maybe Streetpass Quest, too?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Keyser Soze said:
I never even looked for it till now (I never took a Nintendo handheld online before)

0173 - 1316 - 9852

Cheers! I added you. You have to add me back though for it to work - I'm 2019 - 9666 - 3629

gofreak said:
Cheers! I added you. You have to add me back though for it to work - I'm 2019 - 9666 - 3629

Will add later, just docked it to charge.

I hope they can update firmware to give a notification when someone adds you, and you can auto add them back

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Frankfurter said:
The 140k preorder figure was (I'd guess) preorders from stores, not from costumers.

No, it was customer preorders, or presented as such. But as the article states, some stores may have overstated their preorders to Nintendo to get more stock. Nintendo was expecting 150-200k units to be sold through to customers by the end of the weekend based on the numbers they had.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
gofreak said:
No, it was customer preorders, or presented as such. But as the article states, some stores may have overstated their preorders to Nintendo to get more stock. Nintendo was expecting 150-200k units to be sold through to customers by the end of the weekend based on the numbers they had.

well that reminds me to get a refund on my GAME preorder :p

McNum

Quick 3D question. For those of you who can see the 3D consistently on the 3DS, I'm curious about something. When you have a DS game inserted and the spinning DS card is on the Home Menu, is the card supposed to look like it's hovering just outside the screen, or deeper inside?

I'm asking because I think I'm beginning to be able to see the 3D effect now. Barely. At least the 3D images have stopped ghosting. But I'd like to know if I'm seeing things or, well... seeing things. One thing is for sure, my left eye hurts a bit now, so something happened that didn't happen before today.

Frankfurter said:
The 140k preorder figure was (I'd guess) preorders from stores, not from costumers.

You can pre-order and then not actually go through with the purchase. I was going to get one but my finances have me hurting at the moment - I couldn't justify a £200 splurge.

Top Bottom