• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Games: what does this thing have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGAME

Crash-Time-3D-1.jpg

The Burnout-like racing game is set in “a completely open world environment” and has “fully interactive and destructible surroundings”. Release on the 6th of April.

Crash-Time-3D-2.jpg
Crash-Time-3D-3.jpg
Crash-Time-3D-4.jpg

source

Looks promising.

wondermega

interesting. Also, I am surprised that after nearly a year there aren't at least a couple more racers on this thing yet - or gimmicky simple "into the screen" games. Which I want! I want my damned F-Zero :p

Anyway, got a 3DS for my Bday last week, and having fun with it for sure. Rundown:
-Mutant Mudds - this is great, buy this if you haven't, I love love love it
-Mario 3D Land - well had to buy this. It's alright (I've never been a big Mario 3D gamer, I still prefer 2D) but I can see why everyone is loving it.
-Xevious - I got it on the strength of the gushing IGN review. Um.. it's alright. I don't play it much.
-VVVVVV - bought it immediately after a billion tons of universal praise, played it maybe once ;/
-Twinbee - in spite of the crappy IGN review I picked it up, after watching the cool demo video. I love this! Makes me really want to see more 3D classics - Life Force, Commando, Castlevania, all of these would be incredible but won't ever happen I'm sure :(
StarFox is en route from eBay, and that's all I have. I am trying to find Shinobi on the cheap as well.

Also I have never had a DS (yes, i am "that guy") so I picked up Advance Wars DS (loving it already), Days of Ruin and Contra 4 (also in the mail from eBay)

so.. what am I missing? Kirby 3D Classic looks fun but I am sad they cheezed out on the 3D fx, looks like. Not really anything else I am stoked for in the short term, but I suspect some goodies will show up over the months.

Also I am making a game myself (warning, very early footage) on phones/XBLIG and it's got 3D implemented on the latter, would be super awesome if I could get it hooked up on this device as well. We'll see!

M3d10n

Crash-Time-3D-1.jpg

The Burnout-like racing game is set in “a completely open world environment” and has “fully interactive and destructible surroundings”. Release on the 6th of April.

Crash-Time-3D-2.jpg
Crash-Time-3D-3.jpg
Crash-Time-3D-4.jpg

source

Looks promising.

DTP Entertainment (aka: EU shovelware publisher)? Eh, I'm not sure about that.

Kazerei

Banned
I'm itching for a new 3DS game but can't decide between RE Revelaitons, Tekken 3D Prime, and Tales of the Abyss. I wish more publishers would release game demos. Right now I'm leaning towards RE because it felt good and I know I'll probably enjoy it. Tekken and Tales, I'm not sure, but they look good too.

NateDrake

I'm itching for a new 3DS game but can't decide between RE Revelaitons, Tekken 3D Prime, and Tales of the Abyss. I wish more publishers would release game demos. Right now I'm leaning towards RE because it felt good and I know I'll probably enjoy it. Tekken and Tales, I'm not sure, but they look good too.

Honestly get all 3 or the very least RE and Tales. Two great games right there.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Also I have never had a DS (yes, i am "that guy") so I picked up Advance Wars DS (loving it already), Days of Ruin and Contra 4 (also in the mail from eBay)

so.. what am I missing? Kirby 3D Classic looks fun but I am sad they cheezed out on the 3D fx, looks like. Not really anything else I am stoked for in the short term, but I suspect some goodies will show up over the months.

i used this thread to look up great ds games.

Tyeforce

Heh I just remember you as in one thread you posted about how you had loaded up your entire DS collection on your 3DS and arranged them in Activity Log.
It was funny because I had done the exact same thing!

I agree we're heading a little bit off-topic, maybe we should do a thread when we can get a complete list?
I was browsing around *cough*some other forums*cough* and managed to find some almost completed lists which helped me get a few more.
Here are the ones you're missing:

Nintendo 3DS Sound
003 Take a break
Play constantly for 45 minutes
005 Write-protected SD Card
Simply remove, lower the protect switch and re-insert the SD card
040 Deleting playlists
Remove tracks from a custom playlist
091 Playlists: Secret
Create 4 separate playlists

I'm just missing two in Sound which are the two Streetpass ones.
089 Hit Parade
090 StreetPass at concerts!
I've had two Streetpass music hits but no dice. Do you remember what you did specifically to trigger these two?

I'm working through Camera now but the ones you're missing for that seem to be:
Nintendo 3DS Camera
005 Write-protected SD Card
As above
030 Manual Controls & Merge
Open up the Merge lens and apply the Negative of Solarize filter
110 "The Noble Parakeet"
Special 'prize' tip for unlocking all of the rest of the tips

Seems you'll be able to get them all!
I'll be able to do all of the Camera ones but the Music Streetpasses will be my sticking point :(
Oh, yes, how I love my Activity Log, lol. I miss that thread now... XD

Thank you!! Now I have all of the tips in Nintendo 3DS Camera, and I'm working on getting the last two in Nintendo 3DS Sound. I still need 003 (I'm leaving my 3DS on in Nintendo 3DS Sound right now in order to get it, lol), and 091. Are you sure 091 isn't triggered by getting all of the other tips? Because I created over 4 playlists already and I didn't get it.

Also, I don't remember what I did to trigger 089 and 090 unfortunately, sorry. :( I have gotten a ton of Nintendo 3DS StreetPass tags, though, so that might be it.

EDIT: Never mind, I got 091, I forgot I had to talk to the Parakeet while playing a song, lol. Just one more to go!

RE-EDIT: Okay, I've been sitting in Nintendo 3DS Sound for about two hours now and still nothing... =/ Just how exactly am I supposed to trigger 003?!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I think I'm just going to get Tales next week as my next big 3ds game. It's a game I want, I know it's solid, and it'll last me a while. I figure ToA should take me at least 40 hours. Plus this version fixes the technical flaws the PS2 version has.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Preface: I posted this in the Tekken |OT|...

So I'm a newerish 3ds owner, and I don't own a fighter yet. I sort of want to pick one up, but I can't really make up my mind on which one to get. It would be easy for me in Blaz Blue was online like the Vita version, but it's not.

I've seen DOA a ton of places for $20, but I've yet to pull the trigger. Also I know SFIV got great reviews as well. I kind of feel like the time has passed for both games though, and if I'm going to get a fighter I should pick up a newer one like Tekken. Then again I can find DOA or SF for probably 10-20 dollars less than Tekken's going to be at launch.

Not really sure what to do hmm...

Bullza2o

Great MK7 commercial. They need to show 3DS commercials at non-kid centered TV stations. I rarely see Nintendo commercials on, for example, local channels.

tigerin

so i'm playing zelda 3ds right now and trying really hard to not get bored for the 10th time. anyway to make tihs game more enjoyable? i hate how i have to rely on walkthrough to get pass some parts.

So I'm a newerish 3ds owner, and I don't own a fighter yet. I sort of want to pick one up, but I can't really make up my mind on which one to get. It would be easy for me in Blaz Blue was online like the Vita version, but it's not.

I've seen DOA a ton of places for $20, but I've yet to pull the trigger. Also I know SFIV got great reviews as well. I kind of feel like the time has passed for both games though, and if I'm going to get a fighter I should pick up a newer one like Tekken. Then again I can find DOA or SF for probably 10-20 dollars less than Tekken's going to be at launch.

Probably go with Tekken or DoA.

Tekken comes with a movie, while DoA has a Metroid level.
So, up to you.

Yoona

Banned
Probably go with Tekken or DoA.

Tekken comes with a movie, while DoA has a Metroid level.
So, up to you.

Why should either of those influence his decision? SSF4 is likely better than Tekken/DoA, just going by the recent games of said franchises.

I am a big Street Fighter fan, and SSF43D is great, but DoA Dimensions was the surprise of the 3DS launch for me. It feels really great in portable form and I played it a ton more than I thought I would. I'd have zero reservations recommending it, it's just a joy to play, and this is from a non-devotee of the franchise.

Not sure if I ever posted my 3DS friend code so here it is; I've got Mario Kart 7 and Tetris Axis as MP games. Zen Pinball as well but I'm terrible at it so my scores are pretty shit.

3737-9569-1076

Effect

Why should either of those influence his decision? SSF4 is likely better than Tekken/DoA, just going by the recent games of said franchises.

SSF4 is a more complicated fighter to get used to. The other franchises while complicated in their own right (to master in the end) are said to be easier to get into compared to the Street Fighter series.

Okay, I've been sitting in Nintendo 3DS Sound for about two hours now and still nothing... =/ Just how exactly am I supposed to trigger 003?!

Huh, really? That one opened almost to the second for me. All I did was put the tracks on random play then after almost exactly 45 minutes the parakeet was sat there with the familiar exclamation above his head. There was nothing else I did, I didn't touch or select anything else throughout the entire duration.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
so i'm playing zelda 3ds right now and trying really hard to not get bored for the 10th time. anyway to make tihs game more enjoyable? i hate how i have to rely on walkthrough to get pass some parts.

Play it for the 11th time, maybe then -- just maybe -- you'll realize this is not the type of game for you.

Easy as that.

And lol, that was a great MK ad!

Yoona

Banned
SSF4 is a more complicated fighter to get used to. The other franchises while complicated in their own right (to master in the end) are said to be easier to get into compared to the Street Fighter series.

I don't think he stated anywhere he wanted an easy game. On the contrary, he said he wanted BlazBlue (which is harder than SSF4, Tekken and DoA by a long shot) but the lack of online play kills it. Besides, SF4 series isn't all that deep to begin with. His battle will be more with the controls than with the actual game.

jgmo870

Banned

Replaying the game might actually make it more enjoyable. I know I have more fun with (most) Zelda games the second time around.

Question about eShop, etc.

I lived in Poland, where I think Nintendo doesn't have an official branch. So access to the store was most likely limited (kinda like XBL for many years). Now I live in Germany, I understand that I would need to use German address, CC, and details to access German eStore, correct? All the games will be in Germany?

Also, even though I buy 3DS in Germany, can I still set the system language to English?

angelfly

So Zennin Shiboudesu/Good People Die, Theatrhythm, and New Love Plus are all out next week. Anyone importing? I have them all on preorder. I orginally didn't plan on getting Good People Die yet but the demo changed my mind and I ordered it after my first playthrough. Seems weird that 3DS has become my main platform lately.

Why hasn't anyone been talking about the upcoming release of Tales of the Abyss? I'm typically not a huge fan of the Tales series, but I'm willing to try this one due to the lack of RPGs currently available.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Question about eShop, etc.

I lived in Poland, where I think Nintendo doesn't have an official branch. So access to the store was most likely limited (kinda like XBL for many years). Now I live in Germany, I understand that I would need to use German address, CC, and details to access German eStore, correct? All the games will be in Germany?
I use the DE eShop from across the continent with a local-address CC. The only thing you'd have to use in German is the eShop itself. Well, that and the Nintendo Magazine show (though the hostess Ariane is really articulate - she might help you with your Deutsch : )

Also, even though I buy 3DS in Germany, can I still set the system language to English?
You can set it to whatever language you like.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So Zennin Shiboudesu/Good People Die, Theatrhythm, and New Love Plus are all out next week. Anyone importing? I have them all on preorder. I orginally didn't plan on getting Good People Die yet but the demo changed my mind and I ordered it after my first playthrough. Seems weird that 3DS has become my main platform lately.

Not so strange, since you've imported a Japanese one, and while Q1 is pretty nice for 3DS in the West, the Japanese lineup is insane. :D
...So much hoping a lot of what's releasing in Japan comes here as soon as possible. Yeah, Code of Princess, I'm looking at you!

Kazerei

Banned
Why hasn't anyone been talking about the upcoming release of Tales of the Abyss? I'm typically not a huge fan of the Tales series, but I'm willing to try this one due to the lack of RPGs currently available.

Okay let's talk! Tales of the Abyss was developed by Team Symphonia, so if you've played Symphonia or Vesperia, you know what to expect. I think fans will disagree about which of the three is the best, because they're all really good. My favorite is Abyss, because IMO it has the best story/characters and the most fun battle system (yay free run), but it loses major points for its long load times. Thankfully, the 3DS version greatly cut down on the load times, so that's not a problem any more.

But there's nothing new in the 3DS version, so if you've played the original PS2 version, there's little incentive to buy it again. That said, I'm still considering buying this game because I enjoyed it so much ... and I want Namco to release more Tales games in the west. Bring on Xillia!

I use the DE eShop from across the continent with a local-address CC. The only thing you'd have to use in German is the eShop itself. Well, that and the Nintendo Magazine show (though the hostess Ariane is really articulate - she might help you with your Deutsch : )

So it will log me to the eStore by taking my IP into account? Also, I know Multi-5 games have language set to hardware language setting (so as long as a game is Multi-5 I can play it in English). Will the eShop games be the same, or will they default to German?

Anyway, it shouldn't be a problem. My German is good enough, and I can always learn a bit more.

Okay let's talk! Tales of the Abyss was developed by Team Symphonia, so if you've played Symphonia or Vesperia, you know what to expect. I think fans will disagree about which of the three is the best, because they're all really good. My favorite is Abyss, because IMO it has the best story/characters and the most fun battle system (yay free run), but it loses major points for its long load times. Thankfully, the 3DS version greatly cut down on the load times, so that's not a problem any more.

But there's nothing new in the 3DS version, so if you've played the original PS2 version, there's little incentive to buy it again. That said, I'm still considering buying this game because I enjoyed it so much ... and I want Namco to release more Tales games in the west. Bring on Xillia!

You've sold me, as the last Tales game I played and enjoyed was Symphonia (before that it was Destiny). I've always found the art style of these games to be slightly off putting, though.

HYDE

Banned
Pessimistic in me see the trend. Devs rather support Vita than 3DS. Western devs lauch lineup for Vita is better than, what 3DS has been getting them from for the whole fucking YEAR. Same thing happends when PSP was released, lot's of western support and now same thing. 3DS is never going to get any decent support from westerns 3rd party, and all the western effort goes to Vita.

So here we have a system, which get good japanese 3rd party support, great Nintendo-franchises as always, and jack shit from western 3rd party devs. This trend is never going to change.

Please don't tell me you bought the system for Western games. Nintendo and other Japanese companies have made every game that I own on my DS and GBA and GBC and GB. Those companies will provide all the support 3DS needs as well.

daffy

Banned

Wat. Importing is impossible... lol.

So I know there are a ton of good games on the eShop, but I haven't gotten any of them yet. Any suggestion as to which one would be a good one to start with?

NFreak

Dead or Alive is my favorite between that and Street Fighter IV. I don't know how big of a fighting game player you are but it's also probably the easiest to get into. The only problem is that I just started playing it again after owning and playing it since launch and the online is pretty much dead. I find a player every few minutes or so and usually they are either really good or bad so it's not very fun to wait around so long just to play those guys. I would go with Tekken 3D if I were you unless you have friends to play DoA online with.

I just preordered it. I've never played one before. The guy at GameStop told me about Tales of Graces for PS3. I told him that's why I'm trying this one out first, and then maybe I'll invest in Tales of Graces.

Tyeforce

Huh, really? That one opened almost to the second for me. All I did was put the tracks on random play then after almost exactly 45 minutes the parakeet was sat there with the familiar exclamation above his head. There was nothing else I did, I didn't touch or select anything else throughout the entire duration.

Maybe it was because I didn't have music playing the whole time? Half the time I just had it sitting at the main menu...

So I might pick up a Red 3DS with some games.

I was thinking Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and Resident Evil: Revelations but are there any real hidden gems at retail or on the eShop? (Apparently Pullblox is quite good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom