• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Japanese Launch Thread

Teknoman

Any demo stations of Dead or Alive dimensions? I know its not out yet, and even though Famitsu seems to like it...but im still unsure what my second 3DS game should be.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Fusebox said:
I'm worried about the framerate drop in 3D for DOA.

Does it halve as soon as the slider is anywhere above 'off' position?

30 on, 60 off.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Russell Carroll -Game Director, A2Z Development Center:
I'm wondering if Nintendo's involvement with 3D won't taint 3D.
There is so much anti-Nintendo bias that it seems not unlikely to me that 3D may come to be be hated by 'core' gamers just b/c Nintendo is the company behind the 3DS.
...sort of a hatred by association.

Just read this on gamesindustry.biz and it made me smile.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
"Gamers" hate nintendo soooo much ...... really ? Some ppl should just stfu, 3ds is the Device which will make 3D Gaming mainstream, and nobody has to play in 3d to enjoy the games ...

Amalthea

Banned
marc^o^ said:
Russell Carroll -Game Director, A2Z Development Center:

Just read this on gamesindustry.biz and it made me smile.

Nintendo should make a console where you have to breathe to keep it from shutting down.

And if it becomes successful, well that'll be fun.

I am starting to regret buying it now. I originally was really angry about the region lock but eventually just gave in.

Only game I was looking forward to was Steel Diver. Now it is delayed because of the disaster. I understand the reasons why but it's still pretty silly that they delayed a game that was most likely already delivered and in stock at stores.

And this is Nintendo so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets moved to Holiday 2011 or something lol.

So the US will get the game I want before me but I can't import.

Buyers remorse for real......

NEO0MJ

BudokaiMR2 said:
I am starting to regret buying it now. I originally was really angry about the region lock but eventually just gave in.

Only game I was looking forward to was Steel Diver. Now it is delayed because of the disaster. I understand the reasons why but it's still pretty silly that they delayed a game that was most likely already delivered and in stock at stores.

And this is Nintendo so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets moved to Holiday 2011 or something lol.

So the US will get the game I want before me but I can't import.

Buyers remorse for real......

Sell it to a shmuck online when it's released in the US. That way you can buy the US version.

Sipowicz

Banned
i don't even know why you lot are buying the us version

the hardware looks horrible and you wont be able to play foreign games until they hack it. it's also quite expensive

i'm waiting for a revision

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sipowicz said:
the hardware looks horrible and you wont be able to play foreign games until they hack it. it's also quite expensive

1. No it doesn't.
2. Might take a while.
3. In 1-2 Years, then.

Coen

Sipowicz said:

Really, you're surprised people have different opinions? You need to get out more.

Izayoi

Banned
Sipowicz said:

Tratar con él.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sipowicz said:
ds lite and dsi look a million times better

daakusedo said:
A million!

dr-evil.jpg

mclem

Tyrant_Onion said:
Nintendo should make a console where you have to breathe to keep it from shutting down.

And if it becomes successful, well that'll be fun.

To be fair, if you're not breathing, I think you've got more pressing things to deal with than whether your handheld console is working.

farnham

Banned
Naked Snake said:
I keep alternating between "Definitely keeping my preorder!" to "Maybe I shouldn't?"

I haven't been this excited about a piece of hardware in ages, but at the same time I have been almost constantly disappointed with gaming the past 2 years which convinced me that I've outgrown the medium... I'm telling myself that if I end up not liking it for whatever reason I can try to sell it and minimize my losses. I'm sure it will be a hot item for a while and not too difficult sell second-hand, but it's going to cost me over $400 (importing), so I might have to eat up a big loss on it.
i believe that you will be able to sell it immediatly on ebay if you dont like it.

thats why im keeping my preorder

Truth101

Banned
mclem said:
To be fair, if you're not breathing, I think you've got more pressing things to deal with than whether your handheld console is working.

That's the joke...
I hope it is at least

I'm wondering if Nintendo's involvement with 3D won't taint 3D.
There is so much anti-Nintendo bias that it seems not unlikely to me that 3D may come to be be hated by 'core' gamers just b/c Nintendo is the company behind the 3DS.
...sort of a hatred by association.

Fantasy Final said:
Is anyone doing the 3DS International Launch OT? Europe's launch is next week so by GAF's standards, were gold to post it.
Yeah Chessemeitser (did I get the name right) said he was doing one a few days back

farnham said:
i believe that you will be able to sell it immediatly on ebay if you dont like it.

thats why im keeping my preorder

That would surely be the case if I didn't live in a country called Jordan; nobody uses ebay here and few people buy or sell online. And I doubt the cost of shipping it to someone overseas would make it worth it. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm keeping my preorder; I'm too stoked on the 3DS and I haven't treated myself to something that's just fun in ages.

I really love Nintendo's handhelds. I have the GBA, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS and DS Lite, it will be a nice addition to the collection :)

farnham

Banned
Naked Snake said:
That would surely be the case if I didn't live in a country called Jordan; nobody uses ebay here and few people buy or sell online. And I doubt the cost of shipping it to someone overseas would make it worth it. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm keeping my preorder; I'm too stoked on the 3DS and I haven't treated myself to something that's just fun in ages.

I really love Nintendo's handhelds. I have the GBA, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS and DS Lite, it will be a nice addition to the collection :)
oh in that case it will be a leap of faith i guess.

Amalthea

Banned
Truth101 said:
Maybe so. I'm curious now about what he actually meant...

I mean that the console would need to register wheter you are breathing or not it will shut off, boot down, stops to working without the players respiration.

Then all those super hardcore kids would suffocate as breathing wouldn't be cool any more because Nintendo does it.

That was the point of the joke.
Now it sounds even more awkward I guess.

BooJoh

Curse you all, you can now count me among the ones who have dreamed that they played it and couldn't see the 3D.

It was kind of heartbreaking really. :(

Sipowicz said:

Well personally I'm buying the US version because I live in the US and 99% of the games I buy are US versions and 3DS has some pretty awesome games in the pipeline.

Also I'm a terrible fanboy of all things Nintendo and handheld and buy them all at launch, but that's much less compelling as an argument.

But seriously, I've imported some gems in the past with Ouendan, Band Bros, Jump Super Stars, etc, and it's disappointing that it won't be an option now, but it's not a dealbreaker, and anyone who thinks there's a chance of region locking being removed in a revision is pipe dreaming.

NEO0MJ

Naked Snake said:

I'm taking the same risk as you. You can always set up a personal meeting with a buyer. Check
true-gaming.net
If you want to sell it, I'm sure you can find someone who won't mind taking it off your hand there.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Woody :)
Miis seem to be more elaborated now, with more personnality. It certainly adds a charm to the 3DS.

Been skimming through this thread and Google, but what is the program that people here are using to automatically convert the 3DS MPO images into those cross-eyed / parallel JPEG composites?

Top Bottom