• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Mii QR Code Thread - Is your body ready?

The 3DS has made it easier to share your Mii creations with the QR scan. This thread is the place for your own creations or others that you find on the web.

To scan a QR code...
- Open up the Mii Maker
- Choose "QR Code/Image Options"
- Choose Scan QR Code
- Line up the QR code with the camera
- ???
- Profit

To create a QR code for your Mii
- Choose "QR Code/Image Options"
- Choose "Save Mii as QR Code"
- Select a Mii to save
- The QR code file will be saved on your SD card in your IMG folder as a jpg. Your Mii picture can be saved in a similar fashion.

Here are some from the web:

444b0320-s.jpg

Super Mario Bros.

8f17f477.jpg

Ridge Racer Girl

617a1a0c.jpg

Layton

NintendoMiis.jpg

Yamauchi, Iwata, Miyamoto

95syrl.jpg

Inafune, Kojima, Nagoshi, Mikami, Kamiya

25h05lt.jpg

K-On girls

HRF9m.jpg

Link and Ganondorf

CkJNJ.jpg

And mine =P

Enjoy!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Was hoping for a thread like this. These are old ones I've imported from my Wii. May update them with new facial features in the future. Also need to add fresher faces.

vOCFi.png

8wEL1.png

"an official Reggie Fils-Aime Mii, whose QR Code is being provided with the covering letters supplied with 3DS review-units"
HNI_0009.jpg

Mine

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'll be sure to scan a bunch of these when I get my 3DS. Hopefully it'll be waiting for me when I get home tomorrow.

Carl

BGBW said:
Was hoping for a thread like this. These are old ones I've imported from my Wii. May update them with new facial features in the future. Also need to add fresher faces.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vOCFi.png[/IMG]

haha love them

Mdk7

AHAHAHAH, Kamiya is SOOOO mine!
Anyway, the speed of the code capturing process is truly impressive... the 3DS takes like 2 seconds to scan the QRs!

Chocoboko

reggieandTFE said:
Can you scan straight off of your monitor or do you have to print these? They're not working for me. :/
I've been able to take them directly from the screen. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you. Have you tried fitting the QR code directly into the 3DS box that shows up. Sometimes it has to be just the right size.

donkey show said:
I know this will sound weird, but how many of these are "official"? I know some were released from the companies themselves, and I'm interested in collecting those.

Gunloc said:
I know this will sound weird, but how many of these are "official"? I know some were released from the companies themselves, and I'm interested in collecting those.

Jeez, don't quote the entire post...

Joe Molotov

reggieandTFE said:
Can you scan straight off of your monitor or do you have to print these? They're not working for me. :/

It took me a minute to figure out how to do it, but after I did it once, it takes me like 2 seconds to scan one in. You just have to make sure your camera is pointed straight at the screen and the three triangles in the corners are lined up with the triangles in your viewfinder.

Come next week when I get back, this thread is getting swamped with my legion of Miis that I've made over the years.

I'm particularly proud of my Azumanga Miis (which will be getting uploaded here later on today, someone else is generating them on my behalf), trust me, it'll be worth the wait!

Edit: Those Layton and Luke Miis are bloody fantastic. I'm getting those on my 3DS as soon as I get it!

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
EAD-DEPARTMENT-MII.png

I stole that one from Hideki Konno's GDC lecture. These are the respective producer/managers of the 7 different EAD teams.

SPD-DEPARTMENT-MII.png

Plus Sakamoto and the other Nintendo teams at SPD.

Tricky I Shadow said:
Am I the only one that finds it really amazing that the 3DS can scan these QR codes? I mean really, wow....very impressive!

Well, it's been on phones for years now.
It's only amazing that Nintendo is doing it for something like this.
:p

Izayoi

Banned
Tricky I Shadow said:
Am I the only one that finds it really amazing that the 3DS can scan these QR codes? I mean really, wow....very impressive!
QR codes have been around for a while. What I'm impressed with it how fast it is. Instantly scans and makes the Mii. Took me only a few minutes to add a good 50 Miis or so.

Sanic

I find Miis to be pretty ugly, but collecting them is addicting, especially with how quickly the QR code scanner works.

Top Bottom