• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS: new Firmware update available (Ver. 10.5.30)

L~A

Here goes another Nintendo 3DS update. It's 10.5.30 now.

Not quite sure what it does just yet, as there's no changelog right now (not even in Japanese).

Well, we DO know at least one thing...

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I just can't wait for the Universal Nintendo Accounts. I suspect that won't be a thing until NX, but it would be nice if it released early to 3DS and Wii U users.

stability-word-columns-strong-support-24936623.jpg

MrPanic

Hm, that's fast. I wonder if they found a more effective way of shutting down homebrew, last update only stopped a few of the available methods.

-Horizon-

Dang, Nintendo just keeps pumping out them stability. Sony and Microsoft shaking in their boots trying to catch up.
;)

Pokemaniac

The list of updated modules is interesting. They updated the root CA file (could be routine, but I'd need to check the module's version history first), the friends system module and a title that only contains a single byte file called dummy.txt. Very odd update, especially so soon after the last one.

Miroku129

The list of updated modules is interesting. They updated the root CA file (could be routine, but I'd need to check the module's version history first), the friends system module and a title that only contains a single byte file called dummy.txt. Very odd update, especially so soon after the last one.

Wut?

Pokemaniac

The root CA file is a mechanism used for verifying certificates used in https. There are security reasons why it may have been updated, but I don't know off the top of my head if Nintendo does that regularly.

Friends system module is just the friends list, I think.

I have no idea what the deal is with the dummy.txt thing. That just randomly showed up a while ago.

Top Bottom