• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo account registration has appeared on callofduty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

catmario

The title says all. Nintendo account registration has appeared on callofduty.com
I remembered, There was no nintendo account registration on callofduty.com last year, so I made an separate thread for this.

This was previous account manage page of callofduty.com.
XdcqDGSl.jpg

And this is new account manage page.
I logged in call of duty account a while ago, and I found this.

7tcAlGyl.png

jaht47zl.png

CNDtV0al.png

EUusM54l.png

What could it be?

Edit: Added new information.
=======================================================================================
Meanwhile, Activision updated their callofduty.com website right after they revealed BO3 trailer. And......

smvcAB6l.png

9FVo5Hjl.png

NNID REGISTRATION IS STILL ALIVE AND EVEN THIS CAN BE LOGIN THROUGH NNID!!

After Activision confirmed that BO3 is current gen and PC only, I thought they could hide or eliminate NNID function as they announced BO3 is current gen only.
It's still strange... Hmm.....
=======================================================================================
Edit 2: No more NNID login function at callofduty.com's login page on PC website. But still, they're accepting NNID login function on Mobile site. And They're offering NNID Account link on both PC and mobile page.
Edit 3: There was a Wii U mention from Activision support twitter. check this.
@GoodGamer14 said:
@Activision @Treyarch Why we can connect our Nintendo IDs to the Call of Duty site if you are not developing nothing for it?
@GoodGamer14 Hey there. Stay tuned for more Wii U releases. ^DL

Source: https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist/status/593796274811510784

Maybe Black Ops 3 is coming to Wii U? It wouldn't surprise me, even though Advanced Warfare skipped the console. Treyarch handled alll CoD Wii ports and Black Ops 2 still has a community of players on Wii U. They also handled the Wii U version of Ghosts.

I wonder if they're rethinking Call of Duty on the Wii U. Maybe the install base has grown enough for there to be a decent return on a 360 port

Remark

Banned
Treyarch has always said they love Nintendo consoles and they ported Black Ops 2 and Ghosts to the Wii U so I could see them making a Wii U version of Black Ops 3.

catmario

Even though I won't have too much hype for this, but if My expectation comes true, I'll pre-order that right away with XBOX ONE version.

Soyou'retwllingmethere'sachance.gif

Let's hope so. I was wondering today though, considering BO2 is much more well liked than Ghosts, if Treyarch should've just used the resources from the Freefall map in Ghosts Wii U to have done another bit of DLC after Nuketown in BO2 Wii U last year. Just a thought. Would've been amazing to have seen it gradually become a completed game. :p

This might actually be a similar thinking process maybe for this? Like they figured to skip AW and just let Treyarch focus on doing their own game on Wii U to save on money? I would think Treyarch porting their own game to Wii U would be easier and cheaper than someone else's no?

Still, after the Wii U logo being on AW's site and then nothing coming out of that, I'm not the most hopeful. :(

Noticed this a little over a week ago but didn't think anything of it. I'm assuming its something Activision has done to all of their sites and not just Call of Duty, but I'm not sure.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Call of Duty Amiibo, incoming.

I've already preordered my Kevin Spacey Amiibo.

Tried to link my European/Russian account but failed - after oauth verification from id.nintendo.net, I was redirected onto the same page on profile.callofduty.com without account linked. Does it work only with US ones?

Also, is it the first time Nintendo Network is used for oauth?

Gravidee

I wonder if this'll have voice chat

1428618859194.gif

In any case, if this is legit I'm hoping for a vastly improved account based system from Nintendo. All I want is for it to be like PSN, where it keeps track of all of the titles you download and you can re-download them anytime, even if the system gets busted or becomes stolen.

Orayn

A Wii U port wouldn't be that surprising given that it's Treyarch. They also did the Wii U port of Ghosts.

I found the before pics on activision support page. After pic was pictured about four hours ago.

Ah cool, thanks. :)

Worth noting that Activision hasn't announced any retail games for Wii U in awhile, however, they're digital game by Sierra called Shiftlings which is out now on other systems but was rated for Wii U by PEGI, and a person on the dev team said there would be an official announcement in that regard:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156006070&postcount=19

I doubt this is related though, don't think it even has online, and why would Activision have this sort of thing without bigger plans for Wii U/3DS?

And, do we know if this is Activision-wide or just COD?

Striek

I'm sure it'll turn out to have been there for ages. Wii U isn't getting BO3. Activision won't want to waste money and resources and Nintendo won't want to beg whilst footing the bill.

webkatt

Maybe Black Ops 3 is coming to Wii U? It wouldn't surprise me, even though Advanced Warfare skipped the console. Treyarch handled alll CoD Wii ports and Black Ops 2 still has a community of players on Wii U. They also handled the Wii U version of Ghosts.

I hope not.

It would hold back REAL next gen versions!

I love my Wii U!

Nightbird

I thought already that BLOPS3 had a Chance to release on Wii U.

Isn't it that Treyarch liked to work on Nintendo Consoles, thus they were always the ones that made the Ports.

1428618859194.gif

In any case, if this is legit I'm hoping for a vastly improved account based system from Nintendo. All I want is for it to be like PSN, where it keeps track of all of the titles you download and you can re-download them anytime, even if the system gets busted or becomes stolen.
Since that is what the NNID does now, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you're referring to not having to call Nintendo of America up on the phone to log out of your old console for you.

Yeah I would like that a lot too. So annoying that they have the account system but have the log-in system all wrong!

Effect

Did the WiiU version Black Ops 2 get the in-game advertising too?

I don't think so but I heard the PC version didn't as well.

If this does come out for the Wii U that would be great and it being from Treyarch makes it more likely given how much work they've done on Nintendo systems (as far back as the GameCube).

Not getting my hopes up but if the Wii U were to ever get a another CoD I always felt it would be the Treyarch one, especially since the user base would have increased by the time their game came out.

EDarkness

Man, if the next Call of Duty comes to the Wii U with IR support, I'll be there day one! Amazon has been doing stuff on the eShop recently, so perhaps this is just prep for more action there. I hope so, man.

Treyarch have not only ported all of their games to Wii and Wii U they also ported Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 3 and Ghosts.

They have also been great about updating the games since the Wii. They even had headset support on Wii. They also had great controller support including hounding boxes and classic controllers. I remember one patch after BO2 was balancing how Wii Remotes work.

They even added Nuketown to Black Ops 2 last year.

I'm still pessimistic but with Treyarch there is suprsingly a chance.

Not getting my hopes up but if the Wii U were to ever get a another CoD I always felt it would be the Treyarch one, especially since the user base would have increased by the time their game came out.

Besides, Black Ops II is still very popular on Wii U (not to mention that it is technically the only current-gen BLOPS II), so I think they are trying to appeal to people who are playing this game.

While this would be great for Wii U owners, wouldn't this be exactly like a cross-gen port, meaning there would be a chance the PS3/XB360/WiiU versions would hold back the PS4/XB1 versions?

Are there any CoD games on the eShop yet? For some reason, Activision only seemed to start putting their games on the eShop relatively recently, but I still don't remember seeing CoD there.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
After last year I have little hope, but a wiiu version with offtv and remote controls wouldwbe mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom