• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Acquisition

The Acquisition of the City Owned Land Adjacent
to Nintendo Headquarters​

"Nintendo Co., Ltd. (HQ: Kyoto, Minami-ku, Japan; Representative Director and President: Shuntaro Furukawa, “Nintendo” hereafter) today announced that it has been selected as the business operator for effective use of the Kyoto-city owned land (land of former Foundation Support Factory and former Material and Disaster Prevention Center) which was recruited by the city of Kyoto from December 8, 2021. Nintendo will be acquiring and utilizing the land.
1. Overview of the acquiring landLocation 11-2-5 Hokotate-cho, Kamitoba, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan Site area 10,028.55㎡
(former Foundation Support Factory: 3,110.91㎡, former Material and Disaster Prevention Center: 6,917.64㎡)2. Bidding Price5,000,000,000 Yen3. Usage of the landFacility name Corporate Headquarters Development Center, Building No. 2 (tentative name) Objective of the facility R&D reinforcement Floor area Approximately 38,000㎡ Structure and height 12 floor steel framed building, approximately 72m of height Planned completion date December 2027"

Varteras

Gold Member
Seth Meyers I Give Up GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I mean, you may think it's a joke but it sounds like Nintendo is planning on big internal growth. This could be a new first-party studio or maybe a place dedicated to handling the affairs of Super Nintendo Land. Or maybe they'll have it be a new version of Space World that's right across the street from where their offices are.

That last option would potentially be killer in the absence of E3.

Last edited:

CS Lurker

This could be a new first-party studio or maybe a place dedicated to handling the affairs of Super Nintendo Land. Or maybe they'll have it be a new version of Space World that's right across the street from where their offices are.

Objective of the facility: R&D reinforcement

Along with the R&D investments and capital investments, Nintendo believes acquiring and utilizing this land will carry an important role on reinforcing its R&D.

Varteras

Gold Member
I mean, you may think it's a joke but it sounds like Nintendo is planning on big internal growth. This could be a new first-party studio or maybe a place dedicated to handling the affairs of Super Nintendo Land. Or maybe they'll have it be a new version of Space World that's right across the street from where their offices are.

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

jigglet

Banned
I remember back in the N64 days they said their software droughts would be behind them with the Gamecube. That was 22 years ago. This company moves slow doesn't it. It'll probably take them another 14 years to consolidate their console and portable divisions for the Switch 8k launch.

When they say they are "growing" as in future tense, you better fucking believe they mean "future", as in "far, far, far future".

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

R.a2dc96d3b05a3eea9190094591c8d69d

PhaseJump

Banned
Nintendo probably just needs the real estate to convert old Donkey Kong arcade cabinets into limited edition Labo products. It might give Miyamoto somewhere nice to smoke cigarettes and get creative too. Win win for everybody.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
that land is reserve for cloud streaming server for all next gen games on the switch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom