• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo and Capcom collaboration (MH4 related?)

I thought I heard Tsujimoto refused to let any MH characters be in Tatsonoko VS Capcom and Marvel VS Capcom 3. I think it was Seth Killian who said that. I doubt any hunters or wyverns would be in Smash Bros if that's the case.

Here we go.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/1...-didnt-want-the-hunter-in-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

Considering its popularity, I was surprised Monster Hunter didn’t make it into Marvel vs. Capcom 3 in some way.

Certainly they were on the list and we actually made a proposal to the Monster Hunter team and producer. The answer I believe came back was no. You don’t just have to have the idea to have the character. You also have to get permission from the producer of that series to include the character and however they are implemented. They thought it wasn’t a good fit for the game and maybe they’re right. The hunter is sort of a malleable personality, rather than a super strong character in Monster Hunter since he’s so customizable.

From there where do you go? Like a Felyne? A Poogie? I don’t know. A Lagiacrus or something like that. I don’t know what you’re going to put in there from Monster Hunter. So, anyway it didn’t work out. They’re just too cool for us.

diaspora

Monster Hunter Wii U using Cryengine 3. We already know the engine runs on the system, and there's an MH game that uses it =P

Glass Rebel

That would be epic.

That it would be.

I dunno, maybe I'm looking to closely since it was announced at that Monster Hunter event but it would be a good fit alongside Ridley. They're probably also the only two dragon-like characters Nintendo would allow to be killed and carved.

What I want:

- Nintendo armors/weapons
- Nintendo monsters
- Hunter in SSB4

But I'm guessing the "collaboration" is a MH4 Direct, with the announcement of a demo.

Hobby

Both Nintendo and Capcom wanted to do something for the release of MH4 to symbolize their "tag" (guessing tag-team). Further details concerning this collaboration are planned to be announced "directly" before its 9/14 release date.

MH4の発売にあたって、任天堂とカプコンのタッグの象徴となる何かをしようと意見が一致した。このコラボレーションの内容は、9月14日の発売前に「直接!」 お伝えする予定。

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Lol as if the Pokemon Company would allow to hunt Pokemon with weapons in MH.

But the Hunter in Smash might happen.

Kazerei

Banned
A Hunter in Smash Bros would be great. Or Nintendo-themed weapons and armor in MH4 would be great. I'm not expecting anything too crazy...

...ah what the hell, LET'S GET HYPED

Glass Rebel

Aw8ZtYR.jpg

ok now i really want this

Linkyn

Resident Evil 2: REmake Wii U exclusive.

That would absolutely kill. The Gamecube had, all things considered, an incredible library, and REmake still managed to be one of the best games of the bunch. Never having owned a PS1, this would be an absolutely amazing opportunity.

Wouldn't a Nintendo X Capcom fighting game be considered competition with Super Smash at that point?

However, an all new MegaMan game made to look like the levels Sakurai's put into Smash Brothers could be an interesting move...

TreIII

Wouldn't a Nintendo X Capcom fighting game be considered competition with Super Smash at that point?

Wouldn't have to be. Much like "Pokkén" (Namco?), it could be another type of product altogether that markets to an entirely different type of audience.

That said, unless the Niitsuma fighting group has that much free time, I wouldn't expect any fighting game offerings from them.

You guys. What if a single player mode of smash bros is a marvel vs Capcom style fighter but with the smash roster?

I just want a Nintendo vs Capcom game lol

Top Bottom