• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo and Capcom collaboration (MH4 related?)

daripad

Thanks to jr Gamefreak for the news

Hunt me in Nintendoland if old

It's all over the internet now. Can't find an English article though.
http://japanese.engadget.com/2013/08/27/3ds-4/

MH4の発売にあたって、任天堂とカプコンのタッグの象徴となる何かをしようと意見が一致した。このコラボレーションの内容は、9月14日の発売前に「直接!」お伝えする予定。

Basically it says there will be some collaboration between Nintendo and Capcom, further details will be "directly" announced before 9/14. (probably via ND)

Given the monthly SSB character announcement, could this mean hunter will make it?

One can hope...

Sendou

Let's hope it's something Wii U related for once. I think Capcom x Nintendo has 3DS locked down pretty nicely.

There's a Nintendo Direct for Monster Hunter 4, in which they will likely announce Nintendo-themed items in the game. That's what I gather from it.

It says before Saturday the 14th, which is the day MonHun 4 comes out.

Ahh, okay, makes sense, the conferences usually are on Thursdays IIRC, so the 12th?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah, I hope that they are hinting for Pre-TGS Nintendo Direct, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went with Capcom Direct with Iwata.

I really want to see Nintendo Vs. Capcom but I don't think we will see anything else other than Monster Hunter. Did they mentioned that they would discuss with Monster Hunter only?

Here is a hope that we can kill Ridley in Monster Hunter since that game is catering to biggest and hugest monsters.

Maybe some kind of MH4 3DS connectivity with the Wii U. Couldn't be an announcement of a port, though, as that would only hurt sales of the 3DS version.

Or maybe a new game? I don't know. Timing seems... odd. Right before the launch of the second-biggest 3DS game of the year?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
PokeMonster Hunter

No seriously, I wonder if MH will be represented in Smash some way?
Or even the long awaited return of MegaMan Legends 3?

Mupod

Well we already have the Villager from a game that is largely about customization.

Ah, I forgot about that. Maybe a hunter in smash does make sense after all. But seriously it's probably just gonna be event armor.

Maybe a new MH for the Wii U? That would force Capcom to finally give the franchise some true HD visuals at last.

I think if anything that'd be an argument for why we're not going to see a Wii U MH. I'd be happy with more up-ports for now, but man I want what you're saying more than anything.

Sendou

Can you custom the base villager character? I've never played any of the AC games.

Yeah you can. In New Leaf everything from clothes and shoes to hairstyle and even wearing a Mii Mask to look like your Mii.

Also there's different faces. The one in SSB4 is just the one that appears in promo materials.

Top Bottom